PDA

View Full Version : BSD: My interview with Ross Tucker

T-Long
10-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Check out my latest interview with former Bill, Ross Tucker.

Read here... (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/10/an-interview-with-ross-tucker/)

SquishDaFish
10-03-2009, 12:02 PM
Awesome :clap:

northernbillfan
10-03-2009, 01:14 PM
I found a couple of hilites:

BSD: It’s been rumored that the veterans on those Bills teams were furious when J.P. Losman took over the starting job from Drew Bledsoe. Is this true?

RT: I think furious is probably too strong a word but there is no doubt that most of the guys were less than pleased. It was kind of hard to understand. We had just rallied from an 0-4 start to go 9-3 over our final 12 games. We felt like we had a good team and some momentum and it was a bit disheartening to hear that we were going to make a change at the quarterback position. Drew had played pretty well and was well liked on the team and it was hard to imagine that J.P. would be able to have a real good year in his first season as a starter. This was before Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco did what they did last year obviously. I don’t think many people were thrilled to hear the news but you just move on and deal with it.

It just would have made so much more sense to bring Drew back and see how we did. If we started to struggle or things weren’t going well, it seems to me as if they could have gone with J.P at that point. Doing it in the offseason like they did really took the wind out of a lot of guys’ sails.

That was great question and even better answer.

In this following excerpt, reading between the lines (and I've bolded the part I'm talking about) would tell me he's not too fond of Trent and doesn't think Trent has what it takes:

BSD: Take me through your feelings on the 2009 Bills and their coaching staff. If they fail to make the playoffs this season, is it time to clear out the front office and coaching staff and get a new regime in?

RT: I don’t know if it is necessary to clean out the front office but clearly what the organization has been doing isn’t working and it will be time to make some changes if this season goes poorly. It just seems like they can never put it all together at the same time. When the offensive line is playing well, they lack enough talent at the skill positions. When the skill is playoff-caliber, the line is rebuilding.

Good read even though he was a stop by player.

patmoran2006
10-03-2009, 02:11 PM
Yeah. I think Ross gets points his better much better as a journalist than he did as a player.