X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediMindPowers
    • Jan 2009

Do Or Die For Edwards

I believe, and this is my opinion only, that if Edwards puts up a real stinker in Miami he should be benched.

Not only that, but Jauron should probably get fired. Although, he most likely won't.

I don't know how Edwards will do, I hope he does well. I really do, but I think its asking way too much for a player to be someone he is not (a gunslinger) in so short a time.

Edwards is at the point now where Losman was a few years back - in do or die games that would mean the end of his playing time as a starter should even screw up once.

Lets face it, Edwards is being setup to fail. But you know, thats the reality and so goes life in the NFL.

Edwards is finished in Buffalo as a starting QB if the Bills lose big because of the offense.
    Last edited by JediMindPowers; 10-03-2009, 03:46 PM.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Do Or Die For Edwards

IMO Edwards has a few 'safety blankets' before the onus is placed on his shoulders...young and inexperienced offensive line, young and inexperienced OC, etc.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

While I think Edwards is a huge reason for this team's struggles, I think the reasons far transcend Edwards and I don't think Fitzy would be any better.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Crisis
        • Aug 2004

i feel bad for trent, goes from stanford to buffalo....surprised he's not in a wheelchair by now.
        Originally posted by LOSman WINS
        Vanek is Austrian not European
        Originally posted by Prov401
        Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
        Originally posted by better days
        I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Luisito23
          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
          • Apr 2003

How is "Edwards set to fail"? There is talent on this offense, maybe we're not the Saints, but we're not the Bucs either. I place blame on Trent, and him alone. I've just about gave up on him, and I know Fitz is not the answer, but I mean how could he possibly do worst?
          "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Luisito23
            How is "Edwards set to fail"? There is talent on this offense, maybe we're not the Saints, but we're not the Bucs either. I place blame on Trent, and him alone. I've just about gave up on him, and I know Fitz is not the answer, but I mean how could he possibly do worst?
            How is Edwards set to fail?

Let's see....
            Loss of Pro Bowl LT
            New player at every position on the OL (plus injuries now)
            New OC TEN DAYS before the season starts
            WR who causes trouble when he doesn't get the ball
            Best RB suspended for 3 games

The O has talent at the skill positions but there is no evidence of talent on the OL.

So, Edwards is in a really difficult position.

All that being said, this is probably ALWAYS going to be the situation in Buffalo, or at least for the foreseeable future. So we need a QB who can perform in these conditions. If its' not Edwards, so be it.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Luisito23
              Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
              • Apr 2003

Trust me OP it's not Edwards, I've seen enough to know that he's without a doubt not the future for this team, and I don't care if he throws for multiple TD's tomorrow I'll still be saying the same thing.
              "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
              ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
              ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
              ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

Edwards is literally at the same exact point in games started as JP was when Wilfork hit him and effectively ended his career.
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

I've never been a huge Edwards fan, but I will give him the whole season before I run him over with the bus. I feel he is a main reason why the offense is struggling and I also feel that his style of play is not suited for this team and these weapons. I'm waiting for him to look like a top 10 QB and have 300 yards passing, but I'm not holding my breath. Either way...unless things drastically change, I'm hoping for Colt McCoy or Sam Bradford to help us start fresh and hopefully find ourselves a real QB for a change.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

this year is a dud. it's something we knew at the outset....they were not suppose to do anything. so give edwards the full year. or else we'll have trent fans saying the same thing hte JP fans said...."he was ruined." 3 years, you have to keep showing improvement. if he doesn't learn this 3-4 defense and make intermediate range throws, it's over for him.

he'll be a great, outstanding back up, but he won't be for us because he won't take the demotion.

it sounds like other OC's said they've called in plays for hot receivers to be in the intermediate range and no one is getting open or the ball ain't there.

Just give him the year.

Comment

• Crisis
                      • Aug 2004

colt mccoy blows. another 3 year setback for this team if we draft him.
                      Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                      Vanek is Austrian not European
                      Originally posted by Prov401
                      Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                      Originally posted by better days
                      I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• BoyILuvLoznStupidly
                        • Sep 2009

I think it should be do or die for Jauron, not Edwards. Jauron can't get this team to overcome adversity in a game, not to mention most of the decisions he makes.

Comment

• Prov401
                          President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                          • Aug 2008

I am on the fence with Edwards. Some QB's come in the NFL and just get it (Brady, Roethlisberger, Marino, Favre). For others it took a year (Manning, Aikman). One that sticks out big time to me is a QB who looked like he rounded out the top 20 at his position for his first three years. He didn't live up to expectations, and was given the three year QB evaluation, as most rookie starting QB's get. So that franchise drafted another young QB, who is working out well for their team since starting. Anyway, I'm talking about Drew Brees. Brees looked like a Jake Plummer. He just wasn't elite, but he could win some games. Then out of nowhere, he just got it. Today he is top 3. I think Trent needs consistancy around him. I think he needs GOOD coaching. He needs a steady O-Line that he can trust. I do not believe this game today will be the deciding factor on whether or not Trent rides the pine. Trent has the tools, and the smarts. He just needs to trust his passes, and personnel. He needs to not worry about making mistakes. I'm not giving up on him quite yet.

Comment

• YoungEz
                            • Sep 2008

How is it do or die? If Edwards does terrible who replaces him? Lol seriously this is a joke you cant say fitz unless you have not watched him play. He is terrible and for Hamden is he anything but a 3rd string coach?

If we had Jeff Garcia as a back up it would be one thing to say Edwards is in trouble but we aren't cleveland either with Quinn/Anderson.

We have Edwards and that is it, he can suck it up and he will continue to start only way he sits is if he gets injured.

Comment

• YoungEz
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TE2Hard-E81
                              I am on the fence with Edwards. Some QB's come in the NFL and just get it (Brady, Roethlisberger, Marino, Favre). For others it took a year (Manning, Aikman). One that sticks out big time to me is a QB who looked like he rounded out the top 20 at his position for his first three years. He didn't live up to expectations, and was given the three year QB evaluation, as most rookie starting QB's get. So that franchise drafted another young QB, who is working out well for their team since starting. Anyway, I'm talking about Drew Brees. Brees looked like a Jake Plummer. He just wasn't elite, but he could win some games. Then out of nowhere, he just got it. Today he is top 3. I think Trent needs consistancy around him. I think he needs GOOD coaching. He needs a steady O-Line that he can trust. I do not believe this game today will be the deciding factor on whether or not Trent rides the pine. Trent has the tools, and the smarts. He just needs to trust his passes, and personnel. He needs to not worry about making mistakes. I'm not giving up on him quite yet.
                              I am sorry but this is just jibberish. Nothing you said here is true or makes any sense to anyone who watched or actually knows how these players have played through out there career.

I could go through every QB you named here and rebuttle what you said with actual truth but I dont have the time, I am sick of reading ignorant posts and having to point out the truth.

I understand the general point you are trying to make and ya it is a pretty valid one but you went about it all wrong especially with the QB's you talked about

Comment

Working...
                              X