PDA

View Full Version : Honest Question!

bigbry
10-03-2009, 04:19 PM
Would you rather lose to Miami IF it meant Dick J was fired?

SquishDaFish
10-03-2009, 04:23 PM
Depends if it meant someone out of the team to take over or not. If it was someone outside I would take a loss if it was April or someone on the team then no.

OpIv37
10-03-2009, 04:24 PM
damn- though question. On one hand, the thought of losing to Miami and an 8th straight division loss makes me physically ill. On the other hand, this team will be stuck in neutral until Jauron is ****-canned.

I really don't know.

Syderick
10-03-2009, 04:24 PM
I'm going with Bills beating the Phins. It's a hard question to answer. I had a poll up a month ago about it. I think the biggest fear is "go with the Devil you know, then the one you don't".

bigbry
10-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Depends if it meant someone out of the team to take over or not. If it was someone outside I would take a loss if it was April or someone on the team then no.

No qualifications, just answer honestly.

mikemac2001
10-03-2009, 04:30 PM
Gotta root for a bills win now then a dick j firing

Reason is if bills go 1-3 and 0-2 in the div the season is most likely over

at 2-2 we still have a shot and that means football will still matter for a little while

hate being out of the race mid season, would rather have a shot in december

bc if we suck dick is gone anyways

SquishDaFish
10-03-2009, 04:30 PM
No qualifications, just answer honestly.

IF its like that then WIN!! Squish the DAMN FISH!!

elltrain22
10-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Thats a tough question. Honestly, I'd rather loose the game. I can get over one loss, but I would bust a nutt if we got rid of that perpetual loser.

TacklingDummy
10-03-2009, 05:59 PM
There's not a coach out there that can teach the lack of talent that's on the field. Until the Bills improve the talent on the field it wont matter who the coach is.

PECKERWOOD
10-03-2009, 06:02 PM
damn- though question. On one hand, the thought of losing to Miami and an 8th straight division loss makes me physically ill. On the other hand, this team will be stuck in neutral until Jauron is ****-canned.

I really don't know.

Yeah, but even if Jauron is fired, do we really believe that Ralph will make the right hire in terms of replacing him? Some high character cast off with a losing record will probably replace him, anyways.

tampabay25690
10-03-2009, 06:09 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.........

Would totally bring this team down for the year. 2-2 sounds much better......

YardRat
10-03-2009, 06:10 PM
There are very few scenarios that would entice me to root for a Dolphins win over the Bills, and the prospect of having the coach fired isn't one of them.

life of faith
10-03-2009, 06:19 PM
rooting for the fish over the Bills??? sorry NO that would be like rooting for Satan to show up to church on sunday...

SeatownBillsFan21
10-03-2009, 06:25 PM
A Win is the way i am going here

OpIv37
rooting for the fish over the Bills??? sorry NO that would be like rooting for Satan to show up to church on sunday...

no one said we had to root for it to happen.

Jeff1220
A new coach can wait until after this week. Squish the fish!

Yasgur's Farm
10-03-2009, 06:48 PM
1) I wanna see the Bills win... ALWAYS!
2) Dick himself will lead to his own firing eventually.
3) If the Bills lose to the Fish tomorrow... Dick "tucker" should be fired on Monday!

DrGraves
10-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Yes. I'm sorry but yes... this team isn't going anywhere. let's not flush away next year by keeping dick around.

NorthCarBills
10-03-2009, 07:04 PM
I always root for the Bills to win. But God help me for saying this just this once. Yes.

But only if his replacement is a quality, proven winner, with former NFL head coaching experience.

JJamezz
10-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Normally this would be an unequivocal yes from me, but in bizarro Bills land I'm afraid April (who would undoubtedly take over) would manage to do enough positive things to keep the job.

Which may not be the worst scenario, but w(ho)tf wants another unknown commodity getting 3 more years to prove himself with the caliber of coaches that are going to be available next offseason.

Luisito23
10-03-2009, 07:13 PM
Normally this would be an unequivocal yes from me, but in bizarro Bills land I'm afraid April (who would undoubtedly take over) would manage to do enough positive things to keep the job.

That's my fear as well, now watch him take over, and go on a 4 game winning streak to push us to 8-8 and keep the HC job.

Nighthawk
10-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Sad to say, but that is a really tough question. In the long run, this team would probably be better off if they lose to Miami and it meant Jauron gets the axe. However, who's to know if that is the way old Ralphy would think?!?! Uggh...I just don't know.

mybills
10-03-2009, 08:23 PM
HELL NO.
:squish:

Beastie Bills
10-03-2009, 10:58 PM
bc if we suck dick is gone anyways

You sure?

We sucked last year, and Dick didn't go anywhere. If Ralph refused to fire him because he didn't want to eat his (supposed) $9 million salary, what makes you so sure he will eat the remaining $6 if the team doesn't do good this year?

I mean, it's not like we've shown our displeasure in the retaining of Dick by not going to the games this year. Ralph kept his coach, didn't eat the $9 million, and sold more tickets than the team has sold in years. I really wouldn't be surprised if we win 5-6 games this year, and they bring Dick back.

Dr. Lecter
10-03-2009, 11:06 PM
You play to win the game.

It is not a difficult question at all. You play to win. You never root for your team to lose. Sports is all about winning.

psubills62
10-03-2009, 11:11 PM
No, I want this team to win, period.

If a loss means Jauron is that much closer to being fired, then it's something positive I can take out of the loss. But I'd much rather they win.

Nighthawk
10-03-2009, 11:18 PM
You play to win the game.

It is not a difficult question at all. You play to win. You never root for your team to lose. Sports is all about winning.

True, but to just throw out the equation that this team is only going to be successful when Dickey is gone is plain foolish. The ultimate goal is to win a Championship and that will NEVER happen if Jauron is here. That alone, makes the question a VERY difficult one to answer. It's not as simple as "you play to win the game"...in fact, sometimes you win by losing and this may be an example of that. However, as I mentioned, we don't necessarily know that if Jauron sucks this season that Ralphy would fire him, so choosing them to win is the most logical choice.

Nighthawk
10-03-2009, 11:21 PM
No, I want this team to win, period.

If a loss means Jauron is that much closer to being fired, then it's something positive I can take out of the loss. But I'd much rather they win.

I'd much rather have them win and know they can win over winning teams....that is not the case with Jauron. These are the games that he wins to keep his job...he doesn't beat good teams and last time I checked, there are usually some pretty good teams in the playoffs. Is the goal to win games over poor teams or to win a championship? Until he proves he can lead this team to victory over the good teams, it makes it hard to think a win over another bad team is going to bring us any closer to winning a championship. Thus, the choice is a tough one.

MikeInRoch
10-03-2009, 11:23 PM
I can *almost* understand the viewpoint of wanting to lose to get rid of Dick. Unless it's Miami. When it's Miami, that viewpoint is incomprehensible to me.

Nighthawk
10-03-2009, 11:33 PM
I can *almost* understand the viewpoint of wanting to lose to get rid of Dick. Unless it's Miami. When it's Miami, that viewpoint is incomprehensible to me.

I can understand that...it just doesn't have the same feel to me anymore, but I can definitely understand your point.

Michael82
10-04-2009, 01:03 AM
Hell no! I can never root for the Bills to lose to the Dolphins... Plus even if we lost this game, Dick Jauron would use the injuries as an excuse, so he would keep his job until the end of the season. It would be one of those horrid days...Loss to the Dolfelons and Dick Jauron retains his job. :ill:

clumping platelets
10-04-2009, 03:28 AM

:dizzy:

Buffalogic
10-04-2009, 06:35 AM
Grats on rooting for the bills to lose. I don't care under what circumstances, that's weak as hell.

Jan Reimers
10-04-2009, 06:50 AM
No. I always root for the Bills to win.

shelby
10-04-2009, 07:44 AM
i want the Bills to win this game. Period.

Novacane
10-04-2009, 07:51 AM
Gotta root for a bills win now then a dick j firing

Reason is if bills go 1-3 and 0-2 in the div the season is most likely over

Dick Jauron is our coach. Our season was over before it started.

Yes, I would take a loss today if it guaranteed Dick would be gone tomorrow.

DynaPaul
10-04-2009, 08:17 AM
In the long run getting rid of him would improve the team. So I guess I could take it in the ass for one loss.

Nighthawk
10-04-2009, 09:53 AM
In the long run getting rid of him would improve the team. So I guess I could take it in the ass for one loss.

And so would many more people on this board then would admit.

mybills
10-04-2009, 10:42 AM
you take it in the ass? :gag:

colin
10-04-2009, 10:48 AM
some of you ******s need to figure out if you are bills fans or not.

Jeff1220
10-04-2009, 12:44 PM

Which may not be the worst scenario, but w(ho)tf wants another unknown commodity getting 3 more years to prove himself with the caliber of coaches that are going to be available next offseason.

This is exactly what I'm afraid would happen if Jauron gets axed during the season. I want someone that has shown that he can turn a team around (Marty).

TheBrownBear
10-04-2009, 01:00 PM
Win. Jauron will be gone soon enough. No way this team wins more than 5 games this year, even with a victory today.

DynaPaul
10-04-2009, 06:38 PM
you take it in the ass? :gag:

Almost everyday at work!

bigbry
10-04-2009, 06:47 PM
So now we will see what if anything happens to Dick J.

Nighthawk
10-04-2009, 06:49 PM
So now we will see what if anything happens to Dick J.

I can only hope he quits...