• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Can the Bills be tough enough?

The Buffalo Bills aim to prove they are new and improved and not the same 'ol Bills today in Miami. The Bills have lost seven straight games in the AFC East.
    They are on a 10-game losing streak against teams that play the 3-4 defense.
    Can the Bills say enough is enough against their 3-4 style, division rivals?
    "If you like to see good hard-hitting football, this is the game to watch," Bills linebacker Keith Ellison said. "Miami wants to run the ball downhill at you. It's not, "Let's get to the edge, let's trick 'em.' They're going to line up and run it right at you.
    "It's going to be a physical game. It's going to be a good one for us in the front seven, because we get to come downhill."
    The Dolphins (0-3) are winless and without their veteran leader, Chad Pennington, out for the year with a bad shoulder. Yet Miami presents a major physical challenge for the Bills, because it ranks third in the NFL in both rushing offense and run defense.
    The Bills' defense must hold tough with backups up the middle. Marcus Buggs starts for injured middle linebacker Paul Posluszny. Jairus Byrd and George Wilson start at safety for injured Donte Whitner and Bryan Scott.
    The Bills' offense will start backups at offensive tackle. Jonathan Scott moves from the right side to the left, replacing injured Demetrius Bell (groin). Kirk Chambers starts on the right side.
    The Bills (1-2) know now is the time to make a statement in division.

• mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: Can the Bills be tough enough?

Chad #1 can read defenses, and he makes quick decisions. Chad # 2 may have a stronger arm than Chad # 1, but is he as decisive as him?
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

Probably shouldn't be getting quotes from our softest LB (Ellison) in an article about being tough enough.

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

i am nervous about this game...last week i felt lik we were going to keep it close going into the game....but this one has me on the verge of being sick. 3-4....lethal wildcat, a bills team that loves giving up the contain, a struggling offense....and then jauron doing his thing of losing games that he should win....the pieces are there for a major disappointment.

i'm hoping marshawn and jackson take the pressure off the team on offense and can control the clock and control the game.

Comment

Working...
        X