View Full Version : ESPN Rankings ...

SquishDaFish
10-04-2009, 08:36 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmonsnflpicks/091002

THE CROWS ARE CIRCLING

23. Houston
22. Jacksonville
21. Buffalo
We just ran through 39 percent of the league … have I mentioned a team yet that you like even a little? I bet not. What sets this group apart: All three head coaches (Kubiak, Del Rio, Jauron) might get fired within the next three weeks, leaving the door slightly ajar for "momentum with the new guy" potential. Or in Buffalo's case, "momentum with a guy who seems like he might have a pulse."
(Tangent related to nothing: For the past couple of years, I had been getting strange e-mails that there was an NFL referee who sounded just enough like "The Ladies Man" that it was funny. While watching the Niners-Vikes game last weekend, I realized whom they meant: Jerome Boger. Every time he announced a penalty, my friends and I were chiming in things like, "And al-tho, I'd like to invite you back to my crib for some Courvo-th-ier" and it never got old. The Ladies Man, Jerome Boger! He's now on my Mount Rushmore of NFL refs along with Ed Hochuli, Jerry Seeman and Jerry Seeman again.)

SquishDaFish
10-04-2009, 08:37 AM
Dead on with his comment on having a coach with a Pulse!

BILLSROCK1212
10-04-2009, 09:40 AM
Dead on with his comment on having a coach with a Pulse!
Bobby April or Bob Sanders....no other coaches have a pulse....AVP is smart, but no Pulse....sort of like Bill Bell....just in a different league of course

SquishDaFish
10-04-2009, 11:01 AM
Im with maybe having April be interim and see where it goes cause he acc does show passion.

Typ0
10-04-2009, 11:38 AM
what is the point of hiring these guys and firing them right before or during the season...

Mike13
10-04-2009, 12:29 PM
I'll say to you guys what I've said to anyone that has brought up Bill Simmons ever. Hes a ****tard.

Jeff1220
10-04-2009, 12:40 PM
The only thing that I don't like about the idea of getting rid of Jauron mid-season is that I think it increases the likelihood of the replacement coming from within. If they make April the interim HC, and the team improves only marginally, I fear that would be enough in RW's mind to give him a contract. I like April, but I want a new staff led by a proven guy.

SquishDaFish
10-04-2009, 01:15 PM
I agree with Mike and Jeff