• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

ESPN Rankings ...

Bill Simmons breaks down who has the best (and worst) shot at raising the Lombardi Trophy after three weeks of NFL action.

THE CROWS ARE CIRCLING

23. Houston
    22. Jacksonville
    21. Buffalo

We just ran through 39 percent of the league … have I mentioned a team yet that you like even a little? I bet not. What sets this group apart: All three head coaches (Kubiak, Del Rio, Jauron) might get fired within the next three weeks, leaving the door slightly ajar for "momentum with the new guy" potential. Or in Buffalo's case, "momentum with a guy who seems like he might have a pulse."
    (Tangent related to nothing: For the past couple of years, I had been getting strange e-mails that there was an NFL referee who sounded just enough like "The Ladies Man" that it was funny. While watching the Niners-Vikes game last weekend, I realized whom they meant: Jerome Boger. Every time he announced a penalty, my friends and I were chiming in things like, "And al-tho, I'd like to invite you back to my crib for some Courvo-th-ier" and it never got old. The Ladies Man, Jerome Boger! He's now on my Mount Rushmore of NFL refs along with Ed Hochuli, Jerry Seeman and Jerry Seeman again.)
  • SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: ESPN Rankings ...

Dead on with his comment on having a coach with a Pulse!

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
      !?!?!?!?!?
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by BEASTMODE
      Dead on with his comment on having a coach with a Pulse!
      Bobby April or Bob Sanders....no other coaches have a pulse....AVP is smart, but no Pulse....sort of like Bill Bell....just in a different league of course

Comment

• SquishDaFish
        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
        • Jun 2005

Im with maybe having April be interim and see where it goes cause he acc does show passion.

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

what is the point of hiring these guys and firing them right before or during the season...

Comment

• Mike13
            • Aug 2005

I'll say to you guys what I've said to anyone that has brought up Bill Simmons ever. Hes a ****tard.

Comment

• Jeff1220
              H to the 12:20
              • Jul 2002

The only thing that I don't like about the idea of getting rid of Jauron mid-season is that I think it increases the likelihood of the replacement coming from within. If they make April the interim HC, and the team improves only marginally, I fear that would be enough in RW's mind to give him a contract. I like April, but I want a new staff led by a proven guy.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                • Jun 2005

I agree with Mike and Jeff

Comment

Working...
                X