• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

what happened to Tennessee?

they are pretty awful. What happened to these guys. they played their other 3 games very close, i believe. but this 30-3 beat down is stunning. i thought they were going to give it to the jags.
  • Hyperion
    • Sep 2008

Re: what happened to Tennessee?

It's simple. Our special teams suck, which has cost us two games.All offseason we've heard how we didn't advance in the playoffs because they didn't have the offensive firepower, so we've seen the Titans airing it out with Kerry at QB. Bottom line, the Titans aren't beating anyone if Kerry is throwing more than 30 times a game.

The Titans have gone away from their identity of running the ball, running the ball and running some more. If the Titans would just run literally 70% of their plays, they'd be fine but they've convinced themselves that they have a great aerial attack. They don't.

This has been bad for the defense because they're on the field a LOT. Missing Al has hurt. The new DC has no feel for the game. Several guys are showing their age. It's a combination of a lot of things.

It's time to play Vince and see if he can function with some of the new weapons on offense that have looked good. Kerry isn't doing the job and isn't the future. It's time to find out if Vince can get it done or if we need to get a QB with what looks to be a high draft pick.

It's pretty disheartening because this team has some talent. I've seen some bad Titan teams in 2004 and 05, but those teams didn't have a chance to start out with. I can accept that. What I can't accept is a team that absolutely quits in a must win game against a division opponent.This one should have been a playoff contender, but they've clearly quit on the season and will win 7 games at most, more likely 4-6.

I've got tickets to the Bills game in Nashville. Should be fun. Someone has to win, right?
    Titans fan. Phillies fan. Predators fan. Tennessee Vols fan.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

I have a feeling that we will get a Vince Young appearance soon....

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

you've had success recently and have a quality coach and a good staff of evaluators...although you may have missed on vince young, you brought in capable back up to manage a game. like you said, if they would go back to having him manage the game and not try to air it out, you might be in better shape.

is the fact that lendale lost a lot of weight a problem on his durability? or is he just as effective?

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Hyperion

I've got tickets to the Bills game in Nashville. Should be fun. Someone has to win, right?

ps, I'd take Kerry in a heartbeat..he's not afraid to throw the ball.
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

Man, Tennessee SUCKS. Their defense is horrid now, especially their passing defense. Their offense is also pretty stagnant.
            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

Working...
            X