Did the Bills sign TO just to reach the minimum salary cap expenditure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Did the Bills sign TO just to reach the minimum salary cap expenditure?

Sometimes I wonder if this team simply signed TO (and Evans before) so that they could reach the minimum salary cap charge. They could be doing this well with Golden Tate and Michael Crabtree.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Did the Bills sign TO just to reach the minimum salary cap expenditure?

nope. It was only for the team to sell tickets and merchandise. And it worked beautifully! A lot of people fell for it.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

It was neither.

C'mon. You two read the background on his signing...
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

The Bills brought him in was a big marketing ploy. Nobody wanted him and the Bills fans were in an uproar after keeping Jauron and doing nothing else in free agency. It worked to perfection. They made a ton of money in merchandise and ticket sales however this team is such a cluster they don't know what to do with him.

Comment

• hydro
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          It was neither.

C'mon. You two read the background on his signing...
          Sarcasm?
          BERNIAC!

Comment

• don137
            • Jul 2002

The irony is they spend a ton of cash on Owens and Evans but then spend so little on the OL (which cleary shows). Throw in captain checkdown and the receivers are basically paid millions to run routes and not catch the ball because they are not thrown the ball.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

No.

I think Jauron actually thought he would help them and Sal's story was accurate. I am sure it did not hurt the idea though.
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
              X