PDA

View Full Version : Why is everybody so upset?

YardRat
10-04-2009, 05:51 PM
The handwriting was on the wall when Levitre and Wood were immediately inserted into the starting line-up. You don't win with rookies on the o-line.

It was further reinforced when Walker was let go and a third 'rookie' took over.

This team has a young, inexperienced offensive line.
They have the same over-rated DE's they've had for years.
Their head coach sucks and had 3 seasons to prove it, their coordinators suck, AVP should still be coaching at the college level.
The front office can't identify talent.
The QB is regressing.
The high-priced, high-profile FA WR could care less about football.
Injuries will happen, and once again has lead to practice squad talent filling starting positions.

Why is 1-3 and looking dysfunctional such a surprise?

PECKERWOOD
10-04-2009, 06:01 PM
Wood & Levitre have actually been a strength on the line, the problem came when we traded away our Pro Bowl LT and replaced him with a 7th round pick. Cutting Walker was just fuel to the fire, I'd much rather have him at LT or RT over any of the guys we got out there now. :ill:

Billz_fan
10-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Because even though Im a realist, It hurts to watch this mess. I enjoy watching football and this takes all the joy out of a Sunday I look forward to all week.

Owen DeBoard
10-04-2009, 06:04 PM
The handwriting was on the wall when Levitre and Wood were immediately inserted into the starting line-up. You don't win with rookies on the o-line.

It was further reinforced when Walker was let go and a third 'rookie' took over.

Their head coach sucks and had 3 seasons to prove it, their coordinators suck, AVP should still be coaching at the college level.
The QB is regressing.
Injuries will happen, and once again has lead to practice squad talent filling starting positions.

I would say that our overrated DEs have been the strength of this team. How about the play of the LB and the secondary? Now that is where the problem lies.

The Compromise
10-04-2009, 06:06 PM

The QB is regressing.

Hehehe...

!Papacrunk!
10-04-2009, 06:08 PM
I would say that our overrated DEs have been the strength of this team. How about the play of the LB and the secondary? Now that is where the problem lies.

Kelsey has been having a good year, and it's always good for you guys when Schoebel is 100%, especially when he has to leap RBs in a single bound

chernobylwraiths
10-04-2009, 06:08 PM

The QB is regressing.

Miami won the division with a rookie tackle last year.
AVP hasn't proven anything either way and you can't decide after 4 games.

and it's COULDN'T care less

PECKERWOOD
10-04-2009, 06:10 PM

There is a recognizable difference between a top 5 stud and a 7th round project.

historypete
10-04-2009, 06:12 PM
I'm not surprised, just tired of the same old crap. This team will probably lose to Cleveland as it stands right now. Hell, that has happened the last couple of years why not this year also.

The silver lining I continue to look for is that one of these horrible slaughters will eventually lead to Jauron's firing. The problem is that no matter how bad it is he will always be here. Ralph won't do anything, he isn't going to eat that contract, especially 4 games into the season. I realize that firing Jauron won't even make that big a difference this year, but at least it will signify, in some way, a new start and the hope that at the end of the year we clean house.

Pinkerton Security
10-04-2009, 06:13 PM
im upset because trent is showing me he isnt the QB for the future. ill give him the year (i hope the bills do too bc fitz and hamdan are not the answer either), but its def looking like trent is simply not good enough

Typ0
10-04-2009, 06:14 PM
somehow, he managed to fire FADE and not pay out his contract. Maybe he can do something about this situation like be an ******* again.

ddaryl
10-04-2009, 06:17 PM
Nobody is surprised, just pissed off that we have to go through this crap again.

I'm not sure why a condescending post was necessary.... I guess you just wanted to beat your chest and give out a big I told you so ....

I personally felt that we only beat ourselves week 1, The team looked OK week 2. It wasn't till week 3 when the O started showing problems and the inability to score. The D in week 3 played solid until the 4th quarter but they were beat down by that time

It really wasn't until this week that the wheels completely came off.

Again not surprised.. Just pissed off

tampabay25690
10-04-2009, 06:24 PM

The QB is regressing.

After your 1st sentence tis THREAD was DUMB.....
Don't think they are the problem..
Watch a game and you will see.

DynaPaul
10-04-2009, 06:47 PM
It's gotten so bad now that I'm calling the horrible plays before they happen. Can't let it get to me tho. I'll just watch the rest of the season with my original 7 - 9 expectations.

www.decadeoffail.com

I already got my shirt!

HHURRICANE
10-04-2009, 06:49 PM
This team sucks and your post is 100% correct.

MassEffect218435
10-04-2009, 06:51 PM
I knew it was over with when the Bills traded away Peters and Walker was the best answer Ralph could come up with.

HHURRICANE
10-04-2009, 06:54 PM
I knew it was over with when the Bills traded away Peters and Walker was the best answer Ralph could come up with.

Winner!!!!!!!!!!! 100% correct.

SeatownBillsFan21
10-04-2009, 06:54 PM
I am upset because this team is an embarrassment

Crisis
10-04-2009, 06:56 PM

miami had a rookie "cant miss" prospect at left tackle that was drafted first overall...

we went into the season with karl malone's practice squad bastard child

BillsRGreat
10-04-2009, 06:57 PM
After your 1st sentence tis THREAD was DUMB.....
Don't think they are the problem..
Watch a game and you will see.

I can't speak for Yard, but I think he meant the fact that we were starting two rookies at the guard position, not the players themselves, but the fact the organization is that bad to not have a solid line in place after all this time....

unpaid_bills
10-04-2009, 07:08 PM
im upset because trent is showing me he isnt the QB for the future. ill give him the year (i hope the bills do too bc fitz and hamdan are not the answer either), but its def looking like trent is simply not good enough

Give trent a decent OL and some WRs that can actually run routes combine that with a real HC and OC we are at least 9-7.:brilliant:

chernobylwraiths
10-04-2009, 10:00 PM
There is a recognizable difference between a top 5 stud and a 7th round project.

Mike Williams? Robert Gallery? Tony Mandarich? Jason Peters?

unpaid_bills
10-04-2009, 10:23 PM
besides Peters name out last Pro Bowl lineman? ........

Probably Rueben Brown Our OL/DL has been a mess for years. Teams have proven year after year you can make the playoffsn and win a superbowl with a good/great Line and a decent QB (who doesnt turn the ball over)

We cant block, hence our QB panics makes a bad decison throws a pick or takes the sack. Chambers looked horriblem Bell looked horrible when he was in there, Hangartener last week was bad

Our DL cant stop the run and consistently keep a pash rush (however in recent weeks that looks to be looking up at least they are getting some pressure).

PECKERWOOD
10-05-2009, 12:24 AM
Mike Williams? Robert Gallery? Tony Mandarich? Jason Peters?

What's more likely? We fill the LT need by a top 5 pick or a 7th round choice? I feel the answer is pretty obvious. When you get a pro bowl left tackle late in the draft it's the equivalent of catching lightning in a bottle.

Mike
10-05-2009, 05:10 AM
the original post was 100% correct... what saddened me was that i have been predicting this dismal outcome since the Peters Trade; a few of us did. The worst part was that the majority of this board was not willing to accept the reality
(new o-line on a bad team, with poor coaching = loosing) and instead critiques us and name called.

Basically, if some of us pointed these problems out, we were considered pessimists who were in some ways anit-bills fans/trolls. It is this type of magical thinking/hopeful head in the clouds type of mentality which allows the BILLS organization to field a poor team year and year and still sell out, and sell this false hope to the poor/dumb fans who don't know any better... well I hope than NOW you do!

Mike
10-05-2009, 05:17 AM
Now, if you fell into this majority, thinking in the beginning of the season that there was a prayer that his team was headed in the right direction, I hope that you are now having a full blown epiphany!

I hope you Now realize, that for one you had the wool pulled over you eyes and that you were fooled. Second, you are probably not that bright to begin with. You do not have it all up there, but if you realize this that means that there is hope for you. If you dont, you should probably go join organized religion or some cult.

Now if you still believe that the Bills will perservieve and that they will have a magical finish to a poor beggining and maybe win the Super bowl, then you obvioulsy are a masocist who likes getting *****ed....

Mike
10-05-2009, 05:19 AM
Now, if you fell into this majority, thinking in the beginning of the season that there was a prayer that his team was headed in the right direction, I hope that you are now having a full blown epiphany!

I hope you Now realize, that for one you had the wool pulled over you eyes and that you were fooled. Second, you are probably not that bright to begin with. You do not have it all up there, but if you realize this that means that there is hope for you. If you dont, you should probably go join organized religion or some cult.

Now if you still believe that the Bills will perservieve and that they will have a magical finish to a poor beggining and maybe win the Super bowl, then you obvioulsy are a masocist who likes getting *****ed....

YardRat
10-05-2009, 05:30 AM
I can't speak for Yard, but I think he meant the fact that we were starting two rookies at the guard position, not the players themselves, but the fact the organization is that bad to not have a solid line in place after all this time....

Bingo.

I'm not ragging on the young guards by any means, just the general make-up of the starting unit. Starting from scratch with rookies is usually a first step for re-building, under a new administration.

Also, I never said a team can't win with a rookie in the line-up, but any more than that at the beginning of the year and you're asking for a season of inconsistency for the offense.

The good news is, whoever is picked to succeed Jauron is going to be able to hit the ground running, at least w/the o-line, because the turnover/new generation 'foundation' is already in place.