• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Why is everybody so upset?

The handwriting was on the wall when Levitre and Wood were immediately inserted into the starting line-up. You don't win with rookies on the o-line.

It was further reinforced when Walker was let go and a third 'rookie' took over.

This team has a young, inexperienced offensive line.
    They have the same over-rated DE's they've had for years.
    Their head coach sucks and had 3 seasons to prove it, their coordinators suck, AVP should still be coaching at the college level.
    The front office can't identify talent.
    The QB is regressing.
    The high-priced, high-profile FA WR could care less about football.
    Injuries will happen, and once again has lead to practice squad talent filling starting positions.

Why is 1-3 and looking dysfunctional such a surprise?
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

Re: Why is everybody so upset?

Wood & Levitre have actually been a strength on the line, the problem came when we traded away our Pro Bowl LT and replaced him with a 7th round pick. Cutting Walker was just fuel to the fire, I'd much rather have him at LT or RT over any of the guys we got out there now.

Comment

• Billz_fan
      • Jan 2003

Because even though Im a realist, It hurts to watch this mess. I enjoy watching football and this takes all the joy out of a Sunday I look forward to all week.
      Last edited by Billz_fan; 10-04-2009, 06:03 PM.
      The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Owen DeBoard
        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by YardRat
        The handwriting was on the wall when Levitre and Wood were immediately inserted into the starting line-up. You don't win with rookies on the o-line.

It was further reinforced when Walker was let go and a third 'rookie' took over.

Their head coach sucks and had 3 seasons to prove it, their coordinators suck, AVP should still be coaching at the college level.
        The QB is regressing.
        Injuries will happen, and once again has lead to practice squad talent filling starting positions.

I would say that our overrated DEs have been the strength of this team. How about the play of the LB and the secondary? Now that is where the problem lies.
        To be the man you got to beat the man!

Comment

• The Compromise
          Junior Zoner
          • May 2007

The QB is regressing.

Hehehe...

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Owen DeBoard
            I would say that our overrated DEs have been the strength of this team. How about the play of the LB and the secondary? Now that is where the problem lies.
            Kelsey has been having a good year, and it's always good for you guys when Schoebel is 100%, especially when he has to leap RBs in a single bound

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
              • Jan 2003

The QB is regressing.

Miami won the division with a rookie tackle last year.
              AVP hasn't proven anything either way and you can't decide after 4 games.

and it's COULDN'T care less

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                Defies all logic
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                Miami won the division with a rookie tackle last year.
                AVP hasn't proven anything either way and you can't decide after 4 games.

and it's COULDN'T care less
                There is a recognizable difference between a top 5 stud and a 7th round project.

Comment

• historypete
                  • Feb 2005

I'm not surprised, just tired of the same old crap. This team will probably lose to Cleveland as it stands right now. Hell, that has happened the last couple of years why not this year also.

The silver lining I continue to look for is that one of these horrible slaughters will eventually lead to Jauron's firing. The problem is that no matter how bad it is he will always be here. Ralph won't do anything, he isn't going to eat that contract, especially 4 games into the season. I realize that firing Jauron won't even make that big a difference this year, but at least it will signify, in some way, a new start and the hope that at the end of the year we clean house.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                    Pinkerton's son
                    • Feb 2006

im upset because trent is showing me he isnt the QB for the future. ill give him the year (i hope the bills do too bc fitz and hamdan are not the answer either), but its def looking like trent is simply not good enough

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

somehow, he managed to fire FADE and not pay out his contract. Maybe he can do something about this situation like be an ******* again.

Comment

• ddaryl
                        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                        • Jan 2005

Nobody is surprised, just pissed off that we have to go through this crap again.

I'm not sure why a condescending post was necessary.... I guess you just wanted to beat your chest and give out a big I told you so ....

I personally felt that we only beat ourselves week 1, The team looked OK week 2. It wasn't till week 3 when the O started showing problems and the inability to score. The D in week 3 played solid until the 4th quarter but they were beat down by that time

It really wasn't until this week that the wheels completely came off.

Again not surprised.. Just pissed off

Comment

• tampabay25690
                          • Feb 2004

The QB is regressing.

After your 1st sentence tis THREAD was DUMB.....
                          Don't think they are the problem..
                          Watch a game and you will see.
                          GO Gators!!!!!!
                          GO GATORS!!

Comment

• DynaPaul
                            • Sep 2003

It's gotten so bad now that I'm calling the horrible plays before they happen. Can't let it get to me tho. I'll just watch the rest of the season with my original 7 - 9 expectations.

I already got my shirt!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

This team sucks and your post is 100% correct.

Comment

Working...
                              X