PDA

View Full Version : Trent Edwards

Forward_Lateral
10-04-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm done giving this guy the benefit of the doubt. He's played absolutely terrible 2 weeks in a row. All of the same excuses like the O-line sucks (it does), and he has no time don't vie with me anymore. He had numerous times where he just held the ball way too long today, and ended up getting sacked, or making a ******ed 2 yard pass with a defender on Lynch or Fred's back. I'm tired of this. We go from a moron QB who can only throw 50 yard bombs, to a scardy-cat QB who is afraid to throw the ball to one of the best WRs in NFL history. This entire organization makes me sick, and I think I might be finally at my wit's end with these *******s.

SeatownBillsFan21
10-04-2009, 06:56 PM
Well hate to say it but were stuck with him. hopefully he'll lead us to a top 3 draft pick so we can draft his replacement.

Canadian'eh!
10-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Again... Why is it Trent's fault, but when the D, ST and OL suck it's the coaching?

Trent has shown he can connect the deep ball. He shown he can hit underneath stuff. he's shown he can make the throws and buy time....

So, why isnt he consistent? Why do teams look like they know what we are about to do? Why do they look like they know what play we are running? Why are DB's jumping our routes?

interesting questions....

Forward_Lateral
10-04-2009, 06:58 PM
I don't want another rookie QB. If Edwards turns out not to be the answer, I don't want to sit through 3 more years of waiting for a QB to develop. I want this organization to go out and buy a ****ing GOOD QB. I want it to go out and buy a GOOD Head Coach. I want it to hire people who can evaluate talent better than Paula Abdul, not worse.

Forward_Lateral
10-04-2009, 06:59 PM
Again... Why is it Trent's fault, but when the D, ST and OL suck it's the coaching?

Trent has shown he can connect the deep ball. He shown he can hit underneath stuff. he's shown he can make the throws and buy time....

So, why isnt he consistent? Why do teams look like they know what we are about to do? Why do they look like they know what play we are running? Why are DB's jumping our routes?

He holds the ball to long. He has happy feet. He is trigger shy. He stares down his WRs.

I really dont' know what other possible explanations there are, to be honest.

HHURRICANE
10-04-2009, 07:00 PM

I'm not ready to give up on Edwards because he plays on a crappy team....but...he played like crap today and he just tightened the rope around his neck with me.

Canadian'eh!
10-04-2009, 07:01 PM
He holds the ball to long. He has happy feet. He is trigger shy. He stares down his WRs.

I really dont' know what other possible explanations there are, to be honest.

No... The D knows what's coming. Our team is Vanilla and a joke to scout. The FIns knew it even with a rookie QB in there.

Trent hasn't been taught well. He hasn't been taught how to play the 3-4 at all.

He didn't stare down a receiver on a 3 friggin step drop. Get him some coaching and he'd be FINE. better than fine.

SeatownBillsFan21
10-04-2009, 07:02 PM
No way hes NOT GOOD at all his performance today was unacceptable and should be ashamed of himself.

Pinkerton Security
10-04-2009, 07:03 PM

what the hell are you talking about? Trent hasnt shown anything, just bc someone hits on a few plays doesnt make it a proven fact. this, and he couldnt hit a 20 yard route if his life depended on it. He is good at dumping and decent at deep passes, and thats it. he looks like crap much more often than he looks good.

SeatownBillsFan21
10-04-2009, 07:05 PM
No... The D knows what's coming. Our team is Vanilla and a joke to scout. The FIns knew it even with a rookie QB in there.

Trent hasn't been taught well. He hasn't been taught how to play the 3-4 at all.

He didn't stare down a receiver on a 3 friggin step drop. Get him some coaching and he'd be FINE. better than fine.
I disagree after today i feel the kid cant see the field very well and if you cant predict whats going to happen and cant see the field than your as good as done see Ryan Leaf

Canadian'eh!
10-04-2009, 07:06 PM
A guy throws out 100 QBR's and looks really sharp in games. But isn't consistent.

Once again, everyone wants Deep balls non stop and TD's on every drive....
Teh team is bad because of Jauron... He has ability. He doesn't look totally lost... he looks like a guy who hasn't improved enough because he doesn't have proper teaching.

Canadian'eh!
10-04-2009, 07:08 PM
I disagree after today i feel the kid cant see the field very well and if you cant predict whats going to happen and cant see the field than your as good as done see Ryan Leaf

I disagree.... He sees the field fine... but he's lost when he's not taught correctly. He has a vanilla coaching and teams are all over it.

Ebenezer
10-04-2009, 07:10 PM
you play like you are coached...the kid was a 3rd rounder out of Stanford...not exactly the second coming of Kelly. he was put into action long before he was ready because another longshot QB was pressed into action long before he was ready because the offensive line couldn't block for a statue who led the team to a 9-7 record but fans didn't want. failure by trading for Bledsoe without a decent OL, failure by drafting Losman to high and forcing him into action before he was ready and failure to get Edwards good coaching and forcing him into action before he was ready is completely the fault of the organization.

Mad Bomber
10-04-2009, 07:12 PM
This guy doesn't go through his progressions. He stares down his primary, and then checks down.

He sucks.

Borosai
10-04-2009, 07:14 PM
Trent had a bad, bad game today.

Trent is not a superstar quarterback. He will not make a team a winner by himself. He is also not a waste-of-space or a #1 pick bust. He needs better protection, but that'll have to wait until the line improves (OT is a need). However, without a good system in place, this team will fail endlessly, regardless of the QB.

Canadian'eh!
10-04-2009, 07:14 PM
you play like you are coached...the kid was a 3rd rounder out of Stanford...not exactly the second coming of Kelly. he was put into action long before he was ready because another longshot QB was pressed into action long before he was ready because the offensive line couldn't block for a statue who led the team to a 9-7 record but fans didn't want. failure by trading for Bledsoe without a decent OL, failure by drafting Losman to high and forcing him into action before he was ready and failure to get Edwards good coaching and forcing him into action before he was ready is completely the fault of the organization.

EXACTLY.

When do we stop pointing fingers at QB's and look at the common denominator?

The Organization lacks the commitment in all phases to put the blame on players. It's been a bunch of crappy coaches, management and scouting.

You get what you pay for, and this team refuses to pay for the biggest thing that divides good teams from bad in the cap era.... the guys OFF the field.

Ebenezer
10-04-2009, 07:15 PM
This guy doesn't go through his progressions. He stares down his primary, and then checks down.

He sucks.
not exactly true...I'll credit CBS for giving replays from the end zone..he was going thru and checking down often...tells me he is being told to do that instead of forcing passes.

Canadian'eh!
10-04-2009, 07:19 PM

He sucks.

I disagree 100%.

In games where he had ANY time, he went to 3rd and 4th reads. They also CALL a lot of screens and dump offs.

But by the end of the game... you better believe he was looking at 1 and dumping off. The OT's were on TOP of him EVERY play. He's take a 3 step drop and have pressure. OF COURSE he's gonna be looking to get rid of it.

Philagape
10-04-2009, 07:21 PM
No QB can light up defenses behind this line, but Edwards is still too hesitant and inaccurate under pressure. He throws with no confidence at all.
When he drops back to pass and does have a second or two to decide what to do, it's like "OK, I'll throw it heerre... no wait ...uhh...should I? shouldn't I? ahhhh gotta dump it off ..."

Philagape
10-04-2009, 07:22 PM
And even when he does release it, it seems that the lack of confidence affects the throw. The bombs are floating, and the darts are off target

Ebenezer
10-04-2009, 07:24 PM
And even when he does release it, it seems that the lack of confidence affects the throw. The bombs are floating, and the darts are off target
several overthrows on short passes.

X-Era
10-04-2009, 07:25 PM
I don't want another rookie QB. If Edwards turns out not to be the answer, I don't want to sit through 3 more years of waiting for a QB to develop. I want this organization to go out and buy a ****ing GOOD QB. I want it to go out and buy a GOOD Head Coach. I want it to hire people who can evaluate talent better than Paula Abdul, not worse.
You just cant do it these days.

The last two were Drew Brees and Kurt Warner.

It would take a trade.

And we would do what other teams have done and what we've even done in the past (RJ) and go after some backup from another team like Matt Schaub or Billy Volek.

No, with a new HC and adding some decent players, I think we could win more games with a rookie... Flacco, and Roth come to mind.

We need to build a great defense. And we are FAR from it.

Mahdi
10-04-2009, 07:30 PM

Yeah he has shown he can throw 5 yards and can throw 40. Nothing in between though.

He cant make the tough throws and he will never be a good QB in this league if he doesn't get over that problem.

Canadian'eh!
10-04-2009, 07:31 PM
Yeah he has shown he can throw 5 yards and can throw 40. Nothing in between though.

He cant make the tough throws and he will never be a good QB in this league if he doesn't get over that problem.

IF he doesn't get the coaching to teach him how to get better he won't be a good one either. At least not for the Bills.

DraftBoy
10-04-2009, 07:34 PM
The end for me was 3rd and 6 in the 4th Q with like 8 minutes left down three scores. He had over 5 seconds and was not under any pressure and he threw the ball to Fred Jackson who was a yard behind the LOS and had a guy all over him. That was the most inexcusable dumbass decision he could of made on a drive where we ABSOLUTELY had to score.

Screw him and his wuss ass mentality. Im done with him.

Mahdi
10-04-2009, 07:35 PM
A guy throws out 100 QBR's and looks really sharp in games. But isn't consistent.

Once again, everyone wants Deep balls non stop and TD's on every drive....
Teh team is bad because of Jauron... He has ability. He doesn't look totally lost... he looks like a guy who hasn't improved enough because he doesn't have proper teaching.
We dont want deep balls...

HE HASNT COMPLETED A SINGLE THROW DOWN THE SEEM OF THE FIELD ALL YEAR! NOT ONE...

How is that possible in the NFL?

Hasnt completed a SINGLE deep out pattern... No deep slant patterns...

That guy KNOWS he cant complete them and that is why he doesn't throw it. Defenses have caught on and they defend all his BELOVED short routes.

They say the toughest throw to complete in football is the 15 yard out. He threw a 5 yard out like a PANZY and got it picked off.

Trent has mechanical problems with his release that prevents him from throwing the ball on a line, accurately.

Mahdi
10-04-2009, 07:37 PM
IF he doesn't get the coaching to teach him how to get better he won't be a good one either. At least not for the Bills.
O I thought AVP was a genius... suddenly he is stupid.

Trent sucks. Face it.

Jauron has nothing to do with how his QB plays, he is not a offensive coordinator or a QB coach.

There is no way Jauron is coaching him to make the bone-head decisions he is making.

SquishDaFish
10-04-2009, 07:43 PM
This bum is not much better then JP. He FN sucks. Overthrows, underthrows, checks down, staresdown and hangs his WRs out to die. He blows just like Dickey. If Jauron isnt fired this week IM DONE watching this losing organization until something is done. 3 INTS!!! Come on he ****ing SUCKS!!

Michael82
10-04-2009, 07:52 PM
He hesitates way too much and is never willing to trust his receivers to make the catch. I'm still waiting for the intermediate, thread the needle passes between two DBs...but Edwards seems unwilling to throw them. He is exactly like his coach and plays scared and his game is very boring and conservative. I also see him lock onto the receivers and then when he does goes thru his reads, he panics immediately and dumps off. I'm so sick of that 2-5 yard dumpoff pass, especially when it's 3rd and long. :ill:

Ebenezer
10-04-2009, 07:53 PM
He hesitates way too much and is never willing to trust his receivers to make the catch. I'm still waiting for the intermediate, thread the needle passes between two DBs...but Edwards seems unwilling to throw them. He is exactly like his coach and plays scared and his game is very boring and conservative. I also see him lock onto the receivers and then when he does goes thru his reads, he panics immediately and dumps off. I'm so sick of that 2-5 yard dumpoff pass, especially when it's 3rd and long. :ill:
the offense is so bland and the OL so bad that defenses know to bring a blitz and cover the receivers one on one and TE has no choice but to scramble and dump.

Michael82
10-04-2009, 07:54 PM
The end for me was 3rd and 6 in the 4th Q with like 8 minutes left down three scores. He had over 5 seconds and was not under any pressure and he threw the ball to Fred Jackson who was a yard behind the LOS and had a guy all over him. That was the most inexcusable dumbass decision he could of made on a drive where we ABSOLUTELY had to score.

Great post, DraftBoy! :bf1:

Mahdi
10-04-2009, 07:56 PM

That play was mind boggling.

You know you have to get a first down to have a chance and you throw a 1 yard check-down.

Its as if he is saying, I would rather be safe and not throw the INT even if it means having no chance at winning.

Ground Chuck
10-04-2009, 08:07 PM

Screw him and his wuss ass mentality. Im done with him.3

I agree 100%. That play did it for me as well.

justasportsfan
10-04-2009, 10:00 PM

the qb is the most important position on the field?

In the first qtr, the D gave him back the ball several times and he did nothing. Then the d holds the fins' to q fg and what does Trent do? Gives the fins a TD. How do you think the D feels always trying to do it all for the offense.

psubills62
10-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Honestly, Edwards is not the answer. And trust me, I have a hard time saying that. He's gotten enough chances and is just regressing. I think that unless he continues to play like this every week, he should finish out the year. But we need to draft someone.

However, we also need to credit the WR's with some of the blame. I don't know about you guys, but even when Edwards does throw the ball to them, they're almost NEVER open. I'm watching other games where guys run routes very well and have NO ONE nearby. Where are the guys on our team who can do that? I've never seen it. I don't see crossing routes where other players drag defenders with them to clear out the cross. Maybe it's the plays themselves and the playcaller, I don't know. But our receivers are rarely open. Edwards is not the answer, but they're certainly not helping him.

TheBrownBear
10-04-2009, 11:17 PM
Edwards is lost.

I really believe he could have been a good qb if he had been drafted by another team. But now he's just another QB whose career was destroyed by our inept organization. He was progressing fine until he got his brains scrambled at Arizona, then the Cleveland debacle sapped the rest of his will. That, and he plays for Dick Jauron. Whatever the reason, the guy is done...for now at least.

Marvelous
10-05-2009, 12:40 AM
I agree Trent poooped baaaad. & im pissed..
---But to have the mentality that Trent sucked today more then the tackles is pathetic and the shroud of that fans ability @ observation is revealed.

--The LT & h*ll, the RT too couldn't even slow up the ends..

-I'VE NEVER SEEN(SINCE 1987) BLOCKING THAT PATHETIC..This is/was hands down THEEE WORST O-line game in Bills history. Well since 1988..
-& That's with Deer in headlights Bledsoe & Rob Johnson & JP & AVP yadda yadda..
--Yes Trent looked soo bad & our FO looooks soooo pathetic for ignoring backup QB yet again..same as Bledsoe's run w/ us.(we ignored backup QB FOR 3+YEARS) AND WE WERE SCREWED CAUSE O' IT..

---Next year a expensive,quality backup QB is a must if we are to break .500
--My ideal backup would be similar to what Garcia woulda been this year..
---Why why why???Trent confidence shaken if we drafted or signed a quality QB? How elementary eh

Block "O"
10-05-2009, 12:49 AM
When he first took over for JP I really liked him and thought wow these check downs are great he's taking what is given to him. But it has just continued and continued and the truth is he has no courage. He has no balls and it turns out he's just another wuss from the west coast.

Michael82
10-05-2009, 01:00 AM
Sorry Marv, but Trent is a pussy. Even when the sorry excuse for an OL actually gives him time, he checks down. I'm sick of him and not interested in ****ing with his confidence. I don't give a **** anymore. We need to draft his replacement.

BillsWin
10-05-2009, 01:06 AM
I think he is playing scared. Scared to throw an interception. And what does he do while trying NOT to throw an interception? HE THROWS THREE!!!