X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Trent Edwards

I'm done giving this guy the benefit of the doubt. He's played absolutely terrible 2 weeks in a row. All of the same excuses like the O-line sucks (it does), and he has no time don't vie with me anymore. He had numerous times where he just held the ball way too long today, and ended up getting sacked, or making a ******ed 2 yard pass with a defender on Lynch or Fred's back. I'm tired of this. We go from a moron QB who can only throw 50 yard bombs, to a scardy-cat QB who is afraid to throw the ball to one of the best WRs in NFL history. This entire organization makes me sick, and I think I might be finally at my wit's end with these *******s.
  • SeatownBillsFan21
    • Mar 2004

Re: Trent Edwards

Well hate to say it but were stuck with him. hopefully he'll lead us to a top 3 draft pick so we can draft his replacement.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
      • Mar 2004

Again... Why is it Trent's fault, but when the D, ST and OL suck it's the coaching?

Trent has shown he can connect the deep ball. He shown he can hit underneath stuff. he's shown he can make the throws and buy time....

So, why isnt he consistent? Why do teams look like they know what we are about to do? Why do they look like they know what play we are running? Why are DB's jumping our routes?

interesting questions....

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

I don't want another rookie QB. If Edwards turns out not to be the answer, I don't want to sit through 3 more years of waiting for a QB to develop. I want this organization to go out and buy a ****ing GOOD QB. I want it to go out and buy a GOOD Head Coach. I want it to hire people who can evaluate talent better than Paula Abdul, not worse.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
          Again... Why is it Trent's fault, but when the D, ST and OL suck it's the coaching?

Trent has shown he can connect the deep ball. He shown he can hit underneath stuff. he's shown he can make the throws and buy time....

So, why isnt he consistent? Why do teams look like they know what we are about to do? Why do they look like they know what play we are running? Why are DB's jumping our routes?

He holds the ball to long. He has happy feet. He is trigger shy. He stares down his WRs.

I really dont' know what other possible explanations there are, to be honest.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

I'm not ready to give up on Edwards because he plays on a crappy team....but...he played like crap today and he just tightened the rope around his neck with me.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
              He holds the ball to long. He has happy feet. He is trigger shy. He stares down his WRs.

I really dont' know what other possible explanations there are, to be honest.
              No... The D knows what's coming. Our team is Vanilla and a joke to scout. The FIns knew it even with a rookie QB in there.

Trent hasn't been taught well. He hasn't been taught how to play the 3-4 at all.

He didn't stare down a receiver on a 3 friggin step drop. Get him some coaching and he'd be FINE. better than fine.

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
                • Mar 2004

No way hes NOT GOOD at all his performance today was unacceptable and should be ashamed of himself.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                  Pinkerton's son
                  • Feb 2006

what the hell are you talking about? Trent hasnt shown anything, just bc someone hits on a few plays doesnt make it a proven fact. this, and he couldnt hit a 20 yard route if his life depended on it. He is good at dumping and decent at deep passes, and thats it. he looks like crap much more often than he looks good.

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
                    • Mar 2004

No... The D knows what's coming. Our team is Vanilla and a joke to scout. The FIns knew it even with a rookie QB in there.

Trent hasn't been taught well. He hasn't been taught how to play the 3-4 at all.

He didn't stare down a receiver on a 3 friggin step drop. Get him some coaching and he'd be FINE. better than fine.
                    I disagree after today i feel the kid cant see the field very well and if you cant predict whats going to happen and cant see the field than your as good as done see Ryan Leaf

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                      • Mar 2004

A guy throws out 100 QBR's and looks really sharp in games. But isn't consistent.

Once again, everyone wants Deep balls non stop and TD's on every drive....
                      Teh team is bad because of Jauron... He has ability. He doesn't look totally lost... he looks like a guy who hasn't improved enough because he doesn't have proper teaching.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by SeatownBillsFan21
                        I disagree after today i feel the kid cant see the field very well and if you cant predict whats going to happen and cant see the field than your as good as done see Ryan Leaf

I disagree.... He sees the field fine... but he's lost when he's not taught correctly. He has a vanilla coaching and teams are all over it.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

you play like you are coached...the kid was a 3rd rounder out of Stanford...not exactly the second coming of Kelly. he was put into action long before he was ready because another longshot QB was pressed into action long before he was ready because the offensive line couldn't block for a statue who led the team to a 9-7 record but fans didn't want. failure by trading for Bledsoe without a decent OL, failure by drafting Losman to high and forcing him into action before he was ready and failure to get Edwards good coaching and forcing him into action before he was ready is completely the fault of the organization.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                            • Jul 2002

This guy doesn't go through his progressions. He stares down his primary, and then checks down.

He sucks.

Comment

• Borosai
                              • Sep 2003

Trent had a bad, bad game today.

Trent is not a superstar quarterback. He will not make a team a winner by himself. He is also not a waste-of-space or a #1 pick bust. He needs better protection, but that'll have to wait until the line improves (OT is a need). However, without a good system in place, this team will fail endlessly, regardless of the QB.

Comment

Working...
                              X