PDA

View Full Version : In what round are successful QBs drafted?

Ebenezer
10-04-2009, 07:38 PM
NE - Brady - 6th
Minn - Farve - 2nd
Jets - Sanchez - 1st
Pitts - Rothelisberger - 1st
NYG - Manning - 1st
SD - Rivers - 1st
Baltimore - Flacco - 1st
Indi - Manning - 1st
NO - Brees - 2nd
Cinci - Palmer - 1st
Chi - Cutler - 1st
Phi - McNabb - 1st
Atl - Ryan - 1st

Now, there have been a lot of first round busts, no doubt, but over the history of the league since the merger most of the very successful QBs have been 1st rounders.

Crisis
10-04-2009, 07:38 PM
why is sanchez up there

Mahdi
10-04-2009, 07:39 PM
NE - Brady - 6th
Minn - Farve - 2nd
Jets - Sanchez - 1st
NYG - Manning - 1st
SD - Rivers - 1st
Baltimore - Flacco - 1st
Indi - Manning - 1st
NO - Brees - 2nd
Cinci - Palmer - 1st
Chi - Cutler - 1st
Phi - McNabb - 1st
Atl - Ryan - 1st

Now, there have been a lot of first round busts, no doubt, but over the history of the league since the merger most of the very successful QBs have been 1st rounders.
Colt McCoy please. Or if Trent continues crapping himself... Bradford.

Mudflap1
10-04-2009, 07:39 PM
Losman = 1st
Bledsoe = traded for a 1st

The Bills need a front office first before they start drafting quarterbacks high in the draft.

DraftBoy
10-04-2009, 07:40 PM
I havent analyzed this class enough yet but suffice it to say Im not all that impressed with the possible prospects so far.

Mahdi
why is sanchez up there
Cuz he has done more in 4 games than Trent has in 3 years.

Crisis
if we draft colt mccoy say hello to another 3 years down the drain

Ebenezer
why is sanchez up there
typing in the current 1st rounders i could think of off the top of my head.

Crisis
10-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Cuz he has done more in 4 games than Trent has in 3 years.
really because it looks to me like trent had a better start to last year so far than sanchez had to this one?

there's no sample size to compare sanchez with anyone else on that list, especially when he isn't asked to do much.

Mahdi
10-04-2009, 07:43 PM
really because it looks to me like trent had a better start to last year so far than sanchez had to this one?

there's no sample size to compare sanchez with anyone else on that list, especially when he isn't asked to do much.
Trent playing against cupcake defenses. And barely won those games. Sanchez beat NE and Tennessee and actually makes ALL the throws QBs are expected to make when you are getting paid to play football.

X-Era
10-04-2009, 07:44 PM
NE - Brady - 6th
Minn - Farve - 2nd
Jets - Sanchez - 1st
NYG - Manning - 1st
SD - Rivers - 1st
Baltimore - Flacco - 1st
Indi - Manning - 1st
NO - Brees - 2nd
Cinci - Palmer - 1st
Chi - Cutler - 1st
Phi - McNabb - 1st
Atl - Ryan - 1st

Im completely with you and if we are looking for a new QB, I want it very very early in the draft.

The problem is that you also can get screwed and set your team back even farther.

Vince Young
Tim Couch
Brady Quinn
Alex Smith
David Carr

This team doesnt make good decisions.

Cutler was available via trade. Drew Brees hit free agency as did Kurt Warner.

I want a very high draftee. And i think we get our wish. But first things first.

If we dont fire Jauron and hire a HC who has gone to the SB, he wont have the clout to insist on a early round 1 QB.

Crisis
10-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Trent playing against cupcake defenses. And barely won those games. Sanchez beat NE and Tennessee and actually makes ALL the throws QBs are expected to make when you are getting paid to play football.

the jets defense beat new england. the titants are 0-4 and just got blown out by the jags. edwards was making all those throws until the miami game last year. you cant take anything out of 4 games.

psubills62
10-04-2009, 07:46 PM

Tennessee has one of, if not THE worst pass D in the league. Their reputation is obviously better than their play.

X-Era
10-04-2009, 07:47 PM
I havent analyzed this class enough yet but suffice it to say Im not all that impressed with the possible prospects so far.

Im not unimpressed. But, there arent any guys that look like the rock solid franchise prospect this year.

I want to see more from McCoy, and Bradford just needs to get back on the field and firm up what we think we know. Locker is impressive but isnt a sure fire star. I also like Clausen, Hall, LeFevour, and even Pike.

psubills62
10-04-2009, 07:47 PM

Out of curiosity, what's your opinion of Tony Pike? At this point he's one of my favorites.

Crisis
10-04-2009, 07:48 PM
kind of offtopic, but if j harris keeps developing what do you think of his nfl potential

he definitely needs to fill out his 6'4 frame

X-Era
10-04-2009, 07:53 PM
kind of offtopic, but if j harris keeps developing what do you think of his nfl potential

He makes plays but is undersized as far as build goes. I think his arm is OK but he isnt as strong armed as you would like. He also can be a bit inaccurate. I like his intangibles though like his ability to make clutch plays and to find open guys.

YardRat
10-04-2009, 07:55 PM
I think if we continue to use our higher draft choices on big guys and bring in one or two through FA this off-season the QB we have now will be just fine.

Ebenezer
10-04-2009, 07:57 PM
He makes plays but is undersized as far as build goes. I think his arm is OK but he isnt as strong armed as you would like. He also can be a bit inaccurate. I like his intangibles though like his ability to make clutch plays and to find open guys.
I'll tell you who I don't like and that is Jimmy Klaussen...no arm strength imo.

Billz_fan
10-04-2009, 07:58 PM
I want the prototype QB

6'3 to 6'5 about 220-250 pounds, strong arm for Buffalo winds. In your face attitude leadership qualitys. Absolutely hates losing.

Must be from a Pennsylvania or Ohio high school program.

Thinks bleeding during a game is cool. Not afraid to fight a defensive lineman.

Can play with pain. Smart enough to eventually call his own plays.

Crap ! we had that guy, he retired :(

DraftBoy
10-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Out of curiosity, what's your opinion of Tony Pike? At this point he's one of my favorites.

NFL size, NFL arm.

Love the way he played last year through injury, gotta admire that attitude.

His mechanics are solid, like the release speed and release point.

I want him to read defenses a bit better, and make better decisions out there but it appears he is doing a better job of that this season. The biggest knock I see is on accuracy, he'll float some passes, and other things. Right now I like him as a 2nd-3rd Round prospect. He keeps up his play he could be in the 1st Round discussion.

DraftBoy
10-04-2009, 08:03 PM

He'll put on a good bit more weight in pure muscle and be a stud coming out. His poise for his age is incredible.

DraftBoy
10-04-2009, 08:04 PM
Im not unimpressed. But, there arent any guys that look like the rock solid franchise prospect this year.

I want to see more from McCoy, and Bradford just needs to get back on the field and firm up what we think we know. Locker is impressive but isnt a sure fire star. I also like Clausen, Hall, LeFevour, and even Pike.

Pass on mcCyo and Bradford.

Claussen I have issues with on his arm strength and decision making, Hall has a size issue. LeFevour needs a lot of time to develop into an NFL QB, and PIke I like the best out of the bunch.