...Oh, and he can also play special teams...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

...Oh, and he can also play special teams...

I'm sick of these guys...how many guys in the past five years or so have the Bills drafted who "can also play special teams". Give me some guys who play every down on the Off and Def. Win those battles and the special teams will take care of itself.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: ...Oh, and he can also play special teams...

This is what happens when your special teams/asst. head coach has too much say in the roster.

Comment

• Mudflap1
      Next Question!
      • Nov 2004

Re: ...Oh, and he can also play special teams...

Originally posted by Ebenezer
      I'm sick of these guys...how many guys in the past five years or so have the Bills drafted who "can also play special teams". Give me some guys who play every down on the Off and Def. Win those battles and the special teams will take care of itself.
      You are 100% correct. The problem is:

1. The special teams have stunk this year so far. Most penalized special teams in the NFL, multiple fumbles on kick returns, multiple long kickoff returns givenup.

2. There is no depth. So when the defense becomes decimated with injuries, we are resorted to watching guys like John Wendling play free safety at the end of the game today, and completely whiffing on tackles and being too slow to be a true depth guy on defense.

Really horrible stuff.

Comment

Working...
      X