PDA

View Full Version : Which is the better of these two evils?

jpdex12
10-04-2009, 09:36 PM
I don't want Buffalo to leave! Ever!

...but i started thinking of what it would be like to root for a good team. Guess I have forgotten after ten years and no sign of progress in sight what its like to root for a good team.

If this team relocated to Toronto they would become a team in a large market that could realistically go out and get a big name coach and get good players for this team? Wow. That sounds awesome but how and why could we ever think like this? Real optimism!

But yet, if they stay in Buffalo we can think about next year when Dick gets the axe and we are looking for a new QB. Sure,we'll get our new coach...but it'll be some cheap 'has been' who will assemble some hodge podge rag tag 'band of blunders' that we can see get sprinkled with a few mediocre free agents to get excited about to renew our season tix. Ralph is a legalized drug lord because that is what this is when we crave and cave!

Damn you Wilson for not giving us a fighting chance to finally get what we deserve. You have made me think of this terrible question of the lesser of two evils.

YardRat
10-04-2009, 09:38 PM
If this team moves, I might be done with the NFL completely.

**** 'em all.

The Natrix
10-04-2009, 09:43 PM
I would not root for a Toronto team. I'd probably go with Minnesota or Cleveland.

Tailspin
10-04-2009, 09:43 PM
I watched it happen to my hockey team the North Stars, they moved to Dallas and won the cup not too long after. I would hate the Bills to leave but I would follow them wherever they went.

jpdex12
10-04-2009, 09:46 PM
isn't it just pathetic that we end up thinking like this? I think 10 years is long enough! I mean when you have past players and hall of famers calling for change and the owner shows he doesn't even care for their sake, what does this tell us?

jpdex12
10-04-2009, 09:48 PM
I watched it happen to my hockey team the North Stars, they moved to Dallas and won the cup not too long after. I would hate the Bills to leave but I would follow them wherever they went.

how did you feel after they won? relieved? or wasn't it so special?

The Natrix
10-04-2009, 09:49 PM
this is the first season where I really don't care that they suck. I mean I care, but I don't get that down about it.

I just point and laugh.

Tailspin
10-04-2009, 09:53 PM
It still felt good after following the team since 87 but I have always lived in upstate New York not Minnesota. I picked them as a little kid because I liked their jerseys. I was raised in a Bills family since I was born, so I am sure if they moved then won it wouldnt feel the same.

jpdex12
10-04-2009, 09:53 PM
and we look forward to which pick in the draft at week 4...pretty sad. some of you guys have either forgotten or don't know how it feels to root for your team in the super bowl. I want that back.

jpdex12
10-05-2009, 09:16 AM
I don't think that any of us could be more ready for change than NOW!

Jan Reimers
10-05-2009, 09:29 AM
I'd much rather have these laughable losers in Buffalo than a successful ex-Bills team in Toronto. Not even close. I will never root for a team in Toronto. I'll either stop watching all together, or adopt the Colts.

trapezeus
10-05-2009, 09:34 AM
i'm done with football. it's not a matter of picking another team. the bond i have with this team can't be matched. I remember where i was during certain parts of certain games. i can make a joke about some random fact that only a big fan would get. i don't care to learn some other team's history. We have ours.

The NFL takes this away from us. i'm taking my money away from them. The whole thing is a big shame and it should be a horrible black eye for the NFL.

Look at yesterday's stadium....miami is one of the worst hit from the economic bubble. Their stadium was empty...but the nfl is ok with that because thye sold the boxes.

And look around, most of these stadiums have empty seats. Something they thought was impossible a few years ago. They are getting what they deserve by just catering to a ultra wealthy few.

jpdex12
10-05-2009, 01:10 PM
I'd much rather have these laughable losers in Buffalo than a successful ex-Bills team in Toronto. Not even close. I will never root for a team in Toronto. I'll either stop watching all together, or adopt the Colts.

Yeah, I'd have a hard time not going after Bill Polian again!