PDA

View Full Version : Why fire Jauron now?

Prov401
10-04-2009, 11:18 PM
I don't understand why everyone is so upbeat on firing Jauron during the season. There is not one free agent head coach out there, of the calibre that we are all hoping for (Cowher, Shanahan, Holmgren, Billick, Gruden, etc.), that is going to come into the middle of a season, to a team with so many injuries and question marks at all positions, schemes, and coaches. What's the point? When, or if Jauron gets fired during he season, all that will happen is Bobby April will be our new interim head coach. Now check this out. Let's say April reels in a few wins and lights a fire under the team, showing promise after taking over. (Highly unlikely, I know, but let's say if). That would be good enough for Ralph to say, 'Oh, well this new guy we got here April, looks to be the real deal. He can come for cheap. He's our guy next year'. I'm not trying to knock April, but I'm just absolutley sick of potentially great head coaches. I can't deal with it anymore. I can't take any chances with a rookie head coach. We need somebody who has done it before. And there is a handful of Superbowl winning coaches out there. However, all I'm saying is nobody wants to inherit a mess. A good coach wants to come in, evaluate, hire his own coaches, draft his own guys, implement his own schemes, and start the season off fresh.

Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't be mad if we fired Jauron. He's absolutley the worst coach in the NFL, period. And yea, I know Tom Cable is a head coach, but at least he cracks jaws in half when things aren't done his way. I'm just saying, I don't understand what all the hype is about. Let Jauron guide us to a 5-11 record, and can his ass at the end of the season. Our team is not going to make a miraculous recovery to get into the playoffs this year, with or without Dickey.

justasportsfan
10-04-2009, 11:20 PM
it's too painful to watch the rest of the season with dick as the HC.

TheBrownBear
10-04-2009, 11:22 PM
Why remove your hand from atop a hot stove?

Philagape
10-04-2009, 11:22 PM
Because he deserves it.

trapezeus
10-04-2009, 11:48 PM
i'm ok with this team going 2-14 if we can some hope in for next year. what i refuse to do is sit there and watch the bills string 3 or 4 wins together at the end and be told that that is progress and see him get another year.

When they let him stay through february, i was sickened to know that this year would turn out exactly like this and have to endure it. the team has done a number of ****ty things to me, but this was the worst. i refuse to let them do that to us again. Fire him now and be the first mover on getting the coach you want for next year.

I know that they'll fire this guy at the end of the season and then make some excuse that they want to look at some OC from a hot team in the playoffs. and while the good coaches all sign on, we'll wait. and we'll miss out on the good ones and the top Coordinator from that hot team won't sign with us and then we'll sign tom landry or marv levy and then i'll be dead.

psubills62
10-04-2009, 11:52 PM
The psychology of this team has been a constant under Jauron's tenure. It's the reason we lose primetime games the way we do, it's the reason we can't beat good teams, etc.

For me, it would be so that 1) Sundays actually have some hope attached to it, and 2) get the psychology of Jauron-style losing away from our younger players.

None of the premier head coaches would come in mid-season, but just firing him opens the door to them knowing that the position will be available come January, and may spark some talks.