PDA

View Full Version : A Dolphin fan's guide to fixing the Bills

Samphin1
10-05-2009, 01:45 AM
So, as a long time, seldom posting member here of a hated rival that just spanked the Bills, I assume that this is going to go over like a fart in church, but I figured I would put on my G.M. hat and try to see if anything can be done to take the Bills off of life support.

First off, I should point out that I pay about as much attention to the Bills as I do election cycles in Columbia (that is to say, not much). But I can tell you with certainty, that any team that employs Seth McKinney, is probably heading down the wrong path. Or in Buffalo's case, STILL driving down the same road.

Having experienced the horrors of hiring a former ****ty Bears head coach (Wannstedt), I can tell you that teh first orderof my business is to put on a steel toed boot and kick Jauron's ass right out of town. As an opposing fan, nothing brought a smile to my face more than hearing the news that he was Buffalo's new coach four years ago. I am sure there is a post or two (too lazy to look up) that will verify my position. Essentially, when that news was broken, I knew that the AFC East would be a three team race (assuming Miami wouldn't crap the bed for the majority of those years as well...which they did).

The guy is simply not a good coach. He never was, and anyone who thinks differently is either brain damaged, or not really a fan of this team and might have a masochism complex...just sayin'. The team would instantly improve by three games by having Dick Jauron call in sick on Sundays and going coachless. His indecisiveness and seeming inability to hold piss poor play and players accountable essentially rewards bad players, behavior and thus, results.

I don't know who should replace him however, as I think Cowher is probably eyeballing the Carolina job (Fox may not last the season), Dungy seems to be done for good and Jon Gruden's face may freeze in that permascowl if he was in the cold weather of Buffalo. Perhaps Mike Holmgren and all his blubber wouldn't mind waddling the sidelines for a few years? He is good at developing quarterbacks if nothing else, and his track record is proven. Just make sure your linemen lift heavy weights if they ever have to carry him off the field...

Speaking of quarterbacks, I think you have to cut bait with Trent Edwards as well. I mean, the guy went to Stanford for crying out loud...Stanford sucks (as a Cal Bears man, I am legally obligated to say that). You have to question the decision making of a quarterback who willingly went to a school where the mascot is a ****ing tree. That should have been your first clue. Besides that, he flat out refuses to use the best assets you have on offense (T.O. and Evans) with any type of normalcy and doesn't appear to be much of a game manager these days either. Get rid of him and look to bring in a veteran presence ( I would recommend Garcia, if, for no other reason than to see him and T.O. try to co-exist again).

But in reality, I think I would try to do what I can do get Donovan McNabb next year. I get the feeling that Philly is finally going to pull the trigger with him and he may still have eno....crap, T.O. burned that bridge too...

Anyhow, the point remains that Buffalo needs to not only get themselves a veteran QB to stabalize the position, but also focus on drafting one as well. I know that seems redundant with you guys wasting picks on Losman, Edwards and still giving the Patriots draft picks for Drew Bledsoe, but it has to be done. You cannot go into the season next year with a QB battle between Hamden and...that other guy. You just can't. Overhaul the most important position on the field with a veteran who knows his role, and a prospect that is hopefully able to pass the ball in the middle of the field.

Drop Marshawn Lynch off at a bus station with a one way ticket out of town. For the love of humanity please don't let him drive out of town. As an opposing fan, Fred Jackson gives me more nightmares and fits than the star of the Geico commercials (let me by myself...). Trade him to Denver, or Philly or wherever. Salvage whatever compensation you can get for him and replace his unproductive ugly ass with a veteran free agent or a mid level pick. Running backs in this league are a dime a dozen and even though Ralph Wilson is cheap, I bet he is willing to spare a dime to get this constant headache off his team.

As for the defensive side of the ball, you guys have seen a rash of injuries. In fact, I think one guy was out due to a rash...The defense should be better once your ENTIRE defensive backfield comes back, as well as your team leader Paul Poslwhateverhisnameis, heals up. But I think some new defensive ends may be in store. I am not aware of how old Schobel and Kelsay are, but I am pretty sure they have been on the team since about 1965. Are they talented? Sort of. Are they replaceable? Absolutely. Whether it be draft picks or free agency, a talented pass rushing beat is needed.

They looked good on Sunday because, well, Vernon Carey is a big fat pile of suck. But against actual football players, your franchise may want to think about suiting up some of their own to combat them.

And probably most important of all, someone get Al Davis and Ralph Wilson in a room together with only one diaper between them. Either they fight to the death for it, or they are distracted long enough to get both of their teams out frmo under their wrinkly, liver spotted, iron death grip. Either way is a win for Buffalo and its fans. I hear Darryl Talley is looking to buy the team. He can afford it if he starts selling the skin from his fifteen mile wide nose to burn victims in hospitals...

Sorry still bitter towards those early 1990 Bills teams that actually WON against Miami. Not that I want to see that era repeat itself. Truth be told, I think Jauron is a fabulous coach for you guys, but if I were a fan of such a team, I would certainly look into my detailed and awesome plan for rehabiltation, no?

Michael82
10-05-2009, 02:06 AM
:rofl: I'm sure you'll get some sarcastic replies from a bunch of Bills fans that are pissed off and still bitter. But that was actually a pretty good post.

PS: Tell Bill Parcells that when he leaves Miami, he should come to Buffalo to complete the AFC East cycle and help us build a team that knows how to win.

Ingtar33
10-05-2009, 02:24 AM
i hate the fins... but i can't argue with the post.

you're pretty much echoing what most of this board has been saying about this team for the last 5 years.

Samphin1
10-05-2009, 09:41 AM
It seems fairly obvious on what Buffalo has to do. I am morbidly curious to see how long it takes before it actually happens though. Ralph Wilson just seems oblivious to the perisl of your franchise right now for some reason.

Jan Reimers
10-05-2009, 09:45 AM
It seems fairly obvious on what Buffalo has to do. I am morbidly curious to see how long it takes before it actually happens though. Ralph Wilson just seems oblivious to the perisl of your franchise right now for some reason.
He's soon to be 91 and has trouble eating his pablum.

HHURRICANE
10-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Four years ago we were supposed to address the o-line and pass rush.

This front office is ******ed.

At least last year's line could pass block. This line can do neither.

mybills
10-05-2009, 09:54 AM
you're pretty much echoing what most of this board has been saying about this team for the last 5 years.
:nod:

Hemlepp53
10-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Good posting. Agree with it all. Glad to see your not the typical out of control **** talking phin fan... you actually think before communicating to the world. Unlike those fools I ran into Sunday at the game... Brutal bastards... You'd think i slapped their momma the way they were acting...

DynaPaul
10-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Now how do you fix the Dolphins?

Samphin1
10-05-2009, 05:09 PM
Now how do you fix the Dolphins?

I would post, but I ran over the 5,000 character limit that this site has for a single post. :lol:

I figured I would keep it Bills-centric seeing as how...well, I am in your guy's backyard as it were.

edit: But if I had to do a quick fix, I would make sure that Miami faces Buffalo each week...

Mitchell55
10-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Spot on except for the Lynch thing. We still need him for 3rd and 1s. Fred isnt that good short ydage.

Mike13
10-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Funny stuff

DynaPaul
10-06-2009, 02:30 PM
But if I had to do a quick fix, I would make sure that Miami faces Buffalo each week...

Hey, 30 other teams would love to face us each week too. When you play Buffalo your team can set all kinds of records.