• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Trent belongs on the bench

I dont mean to say that someone else is better on this team and should start... IMO that's not the case. What I mean is that I'm pretty convinced hes a career backup.

A franchise QB:

Leads his team to victory- Trent doesn't do that
    Keeps drives alive- Trent doesn't do that
    Put his team in a position to win- Trent doesn't do that
    Makes big plays at times- Trent rarely does that
    Minimizes mistakes- Trent makes too many mistakes

Right now, Trent is a guy who could come into a game and play if your starter gets injured. That's about it though.

Were still searching for our franchise QB.
    Last edited by X-Era; 10-05-2009, 06:17 AM.

• Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Trent belongs on the bench

Trent is the poor man's JP Losman. An equally incompetent QB, but without the arm or athletic ability.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Meathead
      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
      • Jul 2002

who really knows that trent is? does it even matter when the entire team is in complete disarray?

the decision to sit him is going to make itself here real shortly anyway. you could have jim kelly in his prime and if the offense is averaging four points a game you gotta make a switch regardless
      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• EDS
        • Jan 2003

Trent is the only viable QB option on the roster, so might as well let him finish off the season, and probably his career. So sad.

Comment

• Griff
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
          Trent is the poor man's JP Losman. An equally incompetent QB, but without the arm or athletic ability.
          wow... please, don't post again, its better to be thought of as an idiot than to post a message and prove it.

Comment

• Buckets
            • Jun 2003

Edwards is not starter material. He cannot see plays develop until defenders have had the chance to recover, he does not throw crossing patterns to receivers where they are the only ones that can catch them. He throws check down (or outlet) passes to receivers who are practicaly under tackle.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
              Defies all logic
              • Oct 2006

Putting him on the bench is a bit strong, I'm willing to give him to week 8 to show vast improvements. I believe that patience is crucial when it comes to QBs. I was patient with Bledsoe, was patient with Losman and I'll be patient with Edwards. He is likely our best bet at winning football games this year until next offseason where we can potentially add another QB.

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

edwards like a number of our starters would be awesome depth player but a crumby starter.

Jan, i'm with you on most football stuff, but JP was not better than Trent. Trent at least moves the ball a little. Surely he's regressing to JP levels, but the guy will have a job next year. A team with a west coast offense and a good line can use Trent. We can't.

Sadly for trent, he's performing poorly when the weather is fine. it'll only get worse.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                  edwards like a number of our starters would be awesome depth player but a crumby starter.

Jan, i'm with you on most football stuff, but JP was not better than Trent. Trent at least moves the ball a little. Surely he's regressing to JP levels, but the guy will have a job next year. A team with a west coast offense and a good line can use Trent. We can't.

Sadly for trent, he's performing poorly when the weather is fine. it'll only get worse.
                  Trent hasn't achieved what JP has in 2006 and JP had less weapons. I'll take JP back over Trent right now and I'm sure both Lee and TO would love that too.
                  Last edited by justasportsfan; 10-05-2009, 12:26 PM.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

you are entitled to your opinion...but the market has spoken on JP. If he was better, he'd be on a team. someone would have taken a flier. Next year if trent is out of football (not injury based) the football market will have spoken.

Regardless, i'm giving you what you asked. I'm giving up on Trent....however, i dont' see the point of crushing fitzpatrick. he may very well be a good backup to have on the roster.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

you are entitled to your opinion...but the market has spoken on JP. If he was better, he'd be on a team. someone would have taken a flier. Next year if trent is out of football (not injury based) the football market will have spoken.

Regardless, i'm giving you what you asked. I'm giving up on Trent....however, i dont' see the point of crushing fitzpatrick. he may very well be a good backup to have on the roster.

and you know what the market spoke of JP? Do you have the facts that JP ended up in another league because no one wnated him or he just chose to play for Fassel? You don't.

Yeah we are all entitled to our opinion and if your opinion is that a qb that gives up early in the game is better than a qb who although makes mistakes at least tries , then thats your opinion.

Trent right now is NOT better than Rob Johnson and I'll take JP over Robosack.
                      Last edited by justasportsfan; 10-05-2009, 12:34 PM.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        • May 2003

Originally posted by Griff
                        wow... please, don't post again, its better to be thought of as an idiot than to post a message and prove it.
                        Wow, are such subtleties as humor and sarcasm always lost on you?
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          • May 2003

I was mostly being gently sarcastic, but the reality is that Trent is only marginally better than JP, and will most probably never be a starter in this league.

Comment

• Griff
                            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                            Wow, are such subtleties as humor and sarcasm always lost on you?
                            in text form sarcasm is often lost in the translation, because sarcasm generally needs a tone of voice.

Comment

• Griff
                              • Jul 2008

I love how quickly you people are willing to give up on a player.

Comment

Working...
                              X