X-Era
10-05-2009, 06:21 AM
Our 1st string was traded or cut... Peters at LT and Walker at RT

Our 2nd string went down to injury... Bell at LT, Butler at RT

Were down to our 3rd string OT's

Why is anyone surprised that they suck?

yordad
10-05-2009, 07:43 AM
Peters and Walker are not on this team, so your logic is flawed.

HHURRICANE
10-05-2009, 07:46 AM
Peters and Walker are not on this team, so your logic is flawed.

His point is that we have replaced two competant starters with garbage. Yesterday was a joke.

Apparntley Porter said he was upset that he didn't get to play because of all of the sacks. It was on Miami radio. They couldn't get Jason Taylor to sit out at the end of the game.

yordad
10-05-2009, 07:52 AM
His point is that we have replaced two competant starters with garbage. Yesterday was a joke.

Apparntley Porter said he was upset that he didn't get to play because of all of the sacks. It was on Miami radio. They couldn't get Jason Taylor to sit out at the end of the game.Well, it is going to be like that when the defense knows the Bills are forced to pass. The D can pin back there ears at that point. Some of those sacks where on plays where that ball should have been long gone. I thought we had a quick decision, quick release QB?

HHURRICANE
10-05-2009, 07:56 AM
Well, it is going to be like that when the defense knows the Bills are forced to pass. The D can pin back there ears at that point. Some of those sacks where on plays where that ball should have been long gone. I thought we had a quick decision, quick release QB?

Edwards played like crap and set the tone for the game. That doesn't excuse the line play which was abysmal.

TacklingDummy
10-05-2009, 07:57 AM

Some are claiming this o-line is better than the JP era o-line, I know crazy. :crazy:

Michael82
10-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Some are claiming this o-line is better than the JP era o-line, I know crazy. :crazy:

Not the line yesterday, but our line for the season, before the injuries hit it.

Mahdi
10-05-2009, 10:51 AM

Our OL in the Patriots game was solid and as a unit are a solid starting group in the NFL.

With the injuries they are average or worse.

Also, I highly doubt that Runyan or Jones are ready to play because if so, someone would have signed them.

Even the Packers who are struggling big time at OT and have high aspirations for the season didn't sign either one of these guys.

So really, who else is there to sign. Let's see what Meredith can do.

ddaryl
10-05-2009, 10:53 AM
Our OL was holding its own the 1st 2 weeks

losing Bell and Butler was a tragedy that this FO and coaching staff failed to plan for or even consider that it could happen.....

If trent could actually hit a moving target we could throw a quick slant or a crossing pattern, but for wahtever reason he just sucks at moving targets. It's button hooks, screens or long balls where the WR has to adjust. And now he apparently needs to telegraph his passes