X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Maybe Schonert was right?

Seems like the playbook that Van Pelt inherited ran out of pages.

I've seen better Pop Warner games.

Thoughts?
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Re: Maybe Schonert was right?

My thought is that no matter where you try to point the finger the biggest problem is the QB.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Ditch the no huddle.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by yordad
        My thought is that no matter where you try to point the finger the biggest problem is the QB.
        Edwards bad play set the tone for the entire game but this team would still be 1-3 with any other QB.

If you didn't notice yesterday Miami ran at will on us. This was the same proble 4 years ago so not one thing has changed and no QB is going to fix that.

Comment

• Commissioner
          • Dec 2004

Offensive line and coaching are also huge problems... it's a group effort to be that bad.

I can't believe the front office neglected offensive tackle so badly.
          Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

You guys want a quick fix when there are mutliple problems on this team. Even if we get a QB itwon't change the bad o-line, the bad coaching, the two slow white guys on the ends, and LBs that can't stop the run.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Commissioner
              Offensive line and coaching are also huge problems... it's a group effort to be that bad.

I can't believe the front office neglected offensive tackle so badly.
              Remeber when I went off about losing Peters????

Now do you understand?

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                You guys want a quick fix when there are mutliple problems on this team. Even if we get a QB itwon't change the bad o-line, the bad coaching, the two slow white guys on the ends, and LBs that can't stop the run.
                Hey, I didn't say there wasn't other problems. Its just that QB is the biggest. Maybe the Fins wouldn't ran all over the Bills if the Bills O could have gotton some first downs. Or, some points while the game was in reach.
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• yordad
                  • Dec 2007

Remeber when I went off about losing Peters????

Now do you understand?
                  No. Peters sucked.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

I agree. It seems that the reason Trent checks down so quickly and dumps the ball off, is his lack of arm strength. He just can't seem to zip the ball the way he needs to, as evidenced by a couple of his interceptions yesterday.

I think his lack of confidence is due to his lack of arm strength. Not a good combination.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                      I agree. It seems that the reason Trent checks down so quickly and dumps the ball off, is his lack of arm strength. He just can't seem to zip the ball the way he needs to, as evidenced by a couple of his interceptions yesterday.

I think his lack of confidence is due to his lack of arm strength. Not a good combination.
                      I actually saw him spending alot of time looking downfield and it looked like it took him out of his own game. I'm starting to wonder what he is or isn't seeing. I'm also convinced that Lee Evans sucks.

Comment

• nateodoms'bff
                        • Dec 2008

I actually saw him spending alot of time looking downfield and it looked like it took him out of his own game. I'm starting to wonder what he is or isn't seeing. I'm also convinced that Lee Evans sucks.
                        I've been saying this for years, and no one wanted to listen. The guy cannot run a route, he is not at all physical, and his speed isn't what it used to be. Good thing that the Bills invested so much money in him.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

I think Evans has been wasted here with the clown parade at QB.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Seems like the playbook that Van Pelt inherited ran out of pages.

I've seen better Pop Warner games.

Thoughts?

He picked Trent Edwards. He fought for Trent during the draft.He's an idiot.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

problems in order as I see them:

1. not enough depth on the OL - yes the starting line this year was potentially a good mix and a good line for the long haul...but we have zero depth. They got thrown around yesterday. the run blocking was putrid and the pass blocking worse. No QB or RB was going succeed behind these guys yesterday

2. A close second is the QB - Edwards is either not seeing the field or his receivers are blanked. Eitherway, he's playing himself out of a starting position. When he did have time, he scanned forever and found nothing. Commentators said, "these receiverse are not open." Of course, with the tecmo bowl camera angle, we can't tell. but edwards is regressing.

3. Playcalling - The bills never in the last 10 years have called plays strategically. They don't run a couple plays to set up a nother bigger play. They just seem to run plays out there. Like they commit to the run, get yards off the run, then don't play fake. They will run to the left a bunch, but then never run a reverse to take advantage of an over reacting defense that is trying to jump ahead of the play. They don't run a couple curl routes and then follow it up with a pump and go. They need to be calling plays like a chess game instead of saying each play is its own unique entity.

4. Future problem - next year without TO, we go back to having very bad receivers again. Evans is a bum. He doesn't get open...he isn't a go to clutch receiver... Reed won't be with us next year because his contract is up. I think he's agood third down receiver....hardy still will be raw....as will johnson. So that's some good fun to look forward to next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X