PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Schonert was right?

HHURRICANE
10-05-2009, 07:43 AM
Seems like the playbook that Van Pelt inherited ran out of pages.

I've seen better Pop Warner games.

Thoughts?

yordad
10-05-2009, 07:53 AM
My thought is that no matter where you try to point the finger the biggest problem is the QB.

TacklingDummy
10-05-2009, 07:55 AM
Ditch the no huddle.

HHURRICANE
10-05-2009, 07:58 AM
My thought is that no matter where you try to point the finger the biggest problem is the QB.

Edwards bad play set the tone for the entire game but this team would still be 1-3 with any other QB.

If you didn't notice yesterday Miami ran at will on us. This was the same proble 4 years ago so not one thing has changed and no QB is going to fix that.

Commissioner
10-05-2009, 07:58 AM

Offensive line and coaching are also huge problems... it's a group effort to be that bad.

I can't believe the front office neglected offensive tackle so badly.

HHURRICANE
10-05-2009, 08:00 AM

You guys want a quick fix when there are mutliple problems on this team. Even if we get a QB itwon't change the bad o-line, the bad coaching, the two slow white guys on the ends, and LBs that can't stop the run.

HHURRICANE
10-05-2009, 08:01 AM
Offensive line and coaching are also huge problems... it's a group effort to be that bad.

I can't believe the front office neglected offensive tackle so badly.

Remeber when I went off about losing Peters????

Now do you understand?

yordad
10-05-2009, 08:09 AM
You guys want a quick fix when there are mutliple problems on this team. Even if we get a QB itwon't change the bad o-line, the bad coaching, the two slow white guys on the ends, and LBs that can't stop the run.Hey, I didn't say there wasn't other problems. Its just that QB is the biggest. Maybe the Fins wouldn't ran all over the Bills if the Bills O could have gotton some first downs. Or, some points while the game was in reach.

yordad
10-05-2009, 08:10 AM
Remeber when I went off about losing Peters????

Now do you understand?No. Peters sucked.

Jan Reimers
10-05-2009, 08:13 AM
I agree. It seems that the reason Trent checks down so quickly and dumps the ball off, is his lack of arm strength. He just can't seem to zip the ball the way he needs to, as evidenced by a couple of his interceptions yesterday.

I think his lack of confidence is due to his lack of arm strength. Not a good combination.

HHURRICANE
10-05-2009, 08:17 AM
I agree. It seems that the reason Trent checks down so quickly and dumps the ball off, is his lack of arm strength. He just can't seem to zip the ball the way he needs to, as evidenced by a couple of his interceptions yesterday.

I think his lack of confidence is due to his lack of arm strength. Not a good combination.

I actually saw him spending alot of time looking downfield and it looked like it took him out of his own game. I'm starting to wonder what he is or isn't seeing. I'm also convinced that Lee Evans sucks.

nateodoms'bff
10-05-2009, 09:05 AM
I actually saw him spending alot of time looking downfield and it looked like it took him out of his own game. I'm starting to wonder what he is or isn't seeing. I'm also convinced that Lee Evans sucks.

I've been saying this for years, and no one wanted to listen. The guy cannot run a route, he is not at all physical, and his speed isn't what it used to be. Good thing that the Bills invested so much money in him.

Jan Reimers
10-05-2009, 09:07 AM
I think Evans has been wasted here with the clown parade at QB.

justasportsfan
10-05-2009, 09:08 AM
Seems like the playbook that Van Pelt inherited ran out of pages.

I've seen better Pop Warner games.

Thoughts?

He picked Trent Edwards. He fought for Trent during the draft.He's an idiot.

trapezeus
10-05-2009, 09:08 AM
problems in order as I see them:

1. not enough depth on the OL - yes the starting line this year was potentially a good mix and a good line for the long haul...but we have zero depth. They got thrown around yesterday. the run blocking was putrid and the pass blocking worse. No QB or RB was going succeed behind these guys yesterday

2. A close second is the QB - Edwards is either not seeing the field or his receivers are blanked. Eitherway, he's playing himself out of a starting position. When he did have time, he scanned forever and found nothing. Commentators said, "these receiverse are not open." Of course, with the tecmo bowl camera angle, we can't tell. but edwards is regressing.

3. Playcalling - The bills never in the last 10 years have called plays strategically. They don't run a couple plays to set up a nother bigger play. They just seem to run plays out there. Like they commit to the run, get yards off the run, then don't play fake. They will run to the left a bunch, but then never run a reverse to take advantage of an over reacting defense that is trying to jump ahead of the play. They don't run a couple curl routes and then follow it up with a pump and go. They need to be calling plays like a chess game instead of saying each play is its own unique entity.

4. Future problem - next year without TO, we go back to having very bad receivers again. Evans is a bum. He doesn't get open...he isn't a go to clutch receiver... Reed won't be with us next year because his contract is up. I think he's agood third down receiver....hardy still will be raw....as will johnson. So that's some good fun to look forward to next year.

Philagape
10-05-2009, 09:20 AM
Couple good points about the offense I saw in the News today:

It's predictable:
Vontae Davis on the pick-six: "It was a route that, watching films, they like to run — quick routes. We were just in the perfect coverage. I knew if he ran that route, I would have a chance to jump it."

The line was so bad it needed extra help:
As the game wore on, the Bills were forced to keep an extra blocker in to try to protect the quarterback. But then there are fewer receivers in the pass pattern, and it's harder to find an open man.
"That's what essentially happened," Jauron said.

(now me)
When your starting tackles have no business being on the field, the offense is dead right there.
But Edwards did not respond to adversity well. Like I've always said, if you need everything else to go right to do well, that does not speak very well of you. He's not a playmaker. He's not making anyone else better.
The offense is being strangled by simplistic play-calling, incompetent blocking and a QB who's in over his head. It's getting easier to defend. Knowing that the line can't protect long enough for long routes to develop, defenses are stacking against the run. It's just one big black hole, sinking deeper and deeper.

justasportsfan
10-05-2009, 09:22 AM
Couple good points about the offense I saw in the News today:

It's predictable:
Vontae Davis on the pick-six: "It was a route that, watching films, they like to run — quick routes. We were just in the perfect coverage. I knew if he ran that route, I would have a chance to jump it."

The line was so bad it needed extra help:
As the game wore on, the Bills were forced to keep an extra blocker in to try to protect the quarterback. But then there are fewer receivers in the pass pattern, and it's harder to find an open man.
"That's what essentially happened," Jauron said.

(now me)
When your starting tackles have no business being on the field, the offense is dead right there.
But Edwards did not respond to adversity well. Like I've always said, if you need everything else to go right to do well, that does not speak very well of you. He's not a playmaker. He's not making anyone else better.
The offense is being strangled by simplistic play-calling, incompetent blocking and a QB who's in over his head. It's getting easier to defend. Knowing that the line can't protect long enough for long routes to develop, defenses are stacking against the run. It's just one big black hole, sinking deeper and deeper.

We told Philagape the same thing when Jp was qb. Same crap different qb.

HHURRICANE
10-05-2009, 09:24 AM
Trap and Philgape just had two awesome posts above this one. Please read!!!!!!!!!!

trapezeus
10-05-2009, 09:27 AM
JP didn't even hit the short stuff. WE just had to hope that he'd connect on the long passes. His short and intermediate throws were like hangartners shot gun snaps last wek. Let's just leave that alone. JP wasn't the answer....Trent has been better. But a step up from zero to 1 isn't what this team needs.

We are now on Trent and he's falling by the wasteside.

Why didn't they roll trent out more to give him time? That'd have been the right coaching move. He did it once and threw well on the run and only had 1/2 the field to look over.