PDA

View Full Version : Firing Jauron now at least sends a message...

HHURRICANE
10-05-2009, 08:04 AM
Firing Jauron now at least sends a message that they are serious about righting the ship.

Guys we aren't winning more than 4 games this year so why not bag it and get a draft pick that matters next year.

They are going to lose fans quick here unless they do something.

The King
10-05-2009, 08:09 AM
I agree. It also puts Buffalo on the map for a new coach, which might get guys like Shannahan and Gruden thinking. Although I think we have zero chance at an established coach.

Im not saying we should bag it for a draft pick... Im saying we need to establish that this wont be tolerated... for the 10th straight year

yordad
10-05-2009, 08:10 AM
Benching Trent for the Hamster sends a message too.

Hemlepp53
10-05-2009, 08:13 AM
Firing Jauron now at least sends a message that they are serious about righting the ship.

Guys we aren't winning more than 4 games this year so why not bag it and get a draft pick that matters next year.

The problem with bagging the season for a shot at a seriously solid draft would lose more fans than keep them. I agree firing Jauron is the right thing to do now and bring someone in who is a proven HC. If we boot him we need to make the right move next. We can scrap the draft if the new HC is an Idiot like Dick... It would make no sense. The day dick is let go... They need to hold a Presser within the hour introducing the new HC Billick or Gruden...

Not many football fans understand the politics and off field work it takes to win. They know blah blah is on the team so we have to get to the super bowl.. we need a new coaching team and from that point we can work on the draft... with a solid coaching staff in place we will end up drafting BS picks.. take a look at history. 1 out of 10 usually work out for us...

don137
10-05-2009, 08:14 AM
It depends. If they promote from within (the penny pinching way) then it is pointless but if they get a coach in here that makes players play to win games and for their jobs instead of playing to earn a paycheck like they do now then I am all for it.

Forward_Lateral
10-05-2009, 08:14 AM
There isn't a single Bills fan that would be pissed if they fired Jauron now.

HHURRICANE
10-05-2009, 08:15 AM
Benching Trent for the Hamster sends a message too.

Edwards is still better than what we have on the bench. So benching him makes no sense because Fitzpatrick will still be a backup next year.

Coaching is completely diiferent. We may get a jolt or at least get the roster playing differently.

don137
10-05-2009, 08:18 AM
There isn't a single Bills fan that would be pissed if they fired Jauron now.
If they promoted from within I do not see much of an impact and see it as a lateral move.

HHURRICANE
10-05-2009, 08:20 AM
If they promoted from within I do not see much of an impact and see it as a lateral move.

The ship is going down with the current captain and manifest. No reason not to try giving it to someone that might at least try to avoid the hurricane.

Historian
10-05-2009, 08:20 AM
This is true.

They fire Jauron, and April who has no credentials for the position, gets the job.

Commissioner
10-05-2009, 08:21 AM
I don't know how many chances Ralph Wilson thinks Jauron needs. He's proven to be completely incompetent.

Luisito23
I want Jauron fired as bad as anyone too, but the last thing I want to see next year is April, or Fewell as our next HC thanks to a 3 or 4 game win streak to end the season.

Forward_Lateral
While I agree that April, nor any of the other current Bills' ******s are the answer, at least we'd see Bobby show some friggen emotion on Sundays.

acehole
I hope the message is hey Trent stop sucking....

Commissioner
10-05-2009, 08:24 AM
I want Jauron fired as bad as anyone too, but the last thing I want to see next year is April, or Fewell as our next HC thanks to a 3 or 4 game win streak to end the season.

We play the Falcons, Patriots, and Colts at the end of the season... there will be no win streak.

yordad
10-05-2009, 08:25 AM
Edwards is still better than what we have on the bench. So benching him makes no sense because Fitzpatrick will still be a backup next year.

Coaching is completely diiferent. We may get a jolt or at least get the roster playing differently.I honestly think you are wrong, and Fitz may not be the future, but starting him couldn't hurt. Oh, and it "sends a message".

Historian
10-05-2009, 08:29 AM
Given Ralph's penchant for loyalty, it wouldnt surprise me if he offered AVP the head coaching job.

Ralph does admire syncophats.

HHURRICANE
10-05-2009, 08:37 AM
I honestly think you are wrong, and Fitz may not be the future, but starting him couldn't hurt. Oh, and it "sends a message".

I already said that Trent played a horrible game and he played a bad game last week.

With that said he is still our best shot to win. We already know what Fitzpatrick can do so we don't need to watch him in a Bills uniform to prove it.

Edwards is going to play himself into or out of a job this year so give him the remaining 12 games. I'd personally like to have no doubts that he's not the guy so that we can look at getting the guy next year.

yordad
10-05-2009, 08:48 AM
I already said that Trent played a horrible game and he played a bad game last week.

With that said he is still our best shot to win. We already know what Fitzpatrick can do so we don't need to watch him in a Bills uniform to prove it.

Edwards is going to play himself into or out of a job this year so give him the remaining 12 games. I'd personally like to have no doubts that he's not the guy so that we can look at getting the guy next year.I persoanlly would like to have no doubts Fitz can't do better, cuz I already know Trent sucks.

HHURRICANE
10-05-2009, 08:55 AM
I persoanlly would like to have no doubts Fitz can't do better, cuz I already know Trent sucks.

This team is winning 4-6 games with Fitz or Edwards at the helm. If Edwards plays horrible all the way in than we guarantee an attempt at a new QB. The way the FO works they might let Fitz be the starter next year if he squeeks out a couple of wins that Edwards would have got us anyway.

So starting Fitz makes absolutely no sense. You can watch his tape from last year as a starter if you are that excited about him.

Jan Reimers
10-05-2009, 08:57 AM
Given Ralph's penchant for loyalty, it wouldnt surprise me if he offered AVP the head coaching job.

Ralph does admire syncophats.
Sycophants.

RockStar36
10-05-2009, 10:28 AM
If they fire Jauron now, April gets the job on the interim. He is the best suited for that job. However, once the season ends it's time to finally get a real coach.

I'm only one person, so I know it doesn't matter, but it's going to take a huge change for me to purchase tickets in the upcoming years.