PDA

View Full Version : This might be the earliest that we already know we are out of the playoff hunt.

HHURRICANE
10-05-2009, 08:30 AM
Please spare me the "we are mathematically still alive".

Everyone here saw yesterday and we don't need to see more to realize that this team is not sniffing any playoffs.

With that said what would regain your interst? For me it would be firing Jauron and brining in Shottenheimer mid-season or sooner.

So if that doesn't happen I'm working on bringing my handicap back down.

TacklingDummy
10-05-2009, 08:31 AM
Some of us knew we were out of the playoff hunt before the season started. The TO hype was just to sell tickets.

DMBcrew36
10-05-2009, 08:34 AM

Everyone here saw yesterday and we don't need to see more to realize that this team is not sniffing any playoffs.

With that said what would regain your interst? For me it would be firing Jauron and brining in Shottenheimer mid-season or sooner.

At least a regime change would make these games worth watching. At this point, all hope is lost and I don't understand why I should bother watching the games other than that I feel like I have to. A new coach and a new attitude would at least be somewhat refreshing from the dead corpse Jauron. Of course Ralph will just replace him with another cheap nobody.

don137
10-05-2009, 08:38 AM
The Bills are as bad as I thought they were going into the season. After the Patriots game they gave me a false ray of hope that they be pretty good. However, after the past two weeks my optimism has been grounded back to reality and they are as bad and it is another waster season.
I do feel the Bills have better talent than what they play but they are also very bad in key positions (QB, tackle, LB).

Commissioner
10-05-2009, 08:41 AM

I would be interested if we fired Jauron....

Then I would puke if we hired Schottenheimer... another coach who can't win a championship.... look up the term Marty Ball. It comes from conservative coaching... playing not to lose.

LtFinFan66
10-05-2009, 08:41 AM
The Pats resigned Seau

HHURRICANE
10-05-2009, 08:42 AM
At least a regime change would make these games worth watching. At this point, all hope is lost and I don't understand why I should bother watching the games other than that I feel like I have to. A new coach and a new attitude would at least be somewhat refreshing from the dead corpse Jauron. Of course Ralph will just replace him with another cheap nobody.

I always watch with the intent that maybe we could get lucky and get a wildcard, etc...

We are the worst team in the East so my premise for watching is destroyed.

If April is the interim coach I'm still pretty sure sure I wouldn't watch.

It would have to be someone that is a winner at this point.

MassEffect218435
10-05-2009, 08:44 AM
But T.O. is going to magically save the franchise right?

Jeff1220
10-05-2009, 08:48 AM
I would be interested if we fired Jauron....

Then I would puke if we hired Schottenheimer... another coach who can't win a championship.... look up the term Marty Ball. It comes from conservative coaching... playing not to lose.

Schottenheimer turns crappy teams into playoff teams. There was a time when people would've said Dungy couldn't win the big one either, but he did it. Marty ball is about smash-it-down-your-throat offense with good defense. How that is interpreted is up to his OC and DC - obviously his SD offense wasn't boring or very conservative.

HHURRICANE
10-05-2009, 09:01 AM
Schottenheimer turns crappy teams into playoff teams. There was a time when people would've said Dungy couldn't win the big one either, but he did it. Marty ball is about smash-it-down-your-throat offense with good defense. How that is interpreted is up to his OC and DC - obviously his SD offense wasn't boring or very conservative.

Yep. San Diego has played great since he left! Sarcasm high!!

Marty ball will resonate in Buffalo and we need someone that can relate to the area and it's fans.

I think he would feel comforatble here. Gruden and Shananhan have enough money that this will not be a destination for them.

yordad
10-05-2009, 09:05 AM
Lets trade 3 first round picks for Cutler!

DMBcrew36
10-05-2009, 09:05 AM
I always watch with the intent that maybe we could get lucky and get a wildcard, etc...

We are the worst team in the East so my premise for watching is destroyed.

If April is the interim coach I'm still pretty sure sure I wouldn't watch.

It would have to be someone that is a winner at this point.

Yeah, I don't know how I would feel about Bobby April since I think this whole team and organization is a bunch of losers currently and a winner from the outside must be brought in to change the attitude and culture of the organization.

But really, ANYBODY would be better than Jauron at this point. ****, give the head coach to Turner Gill from UB - I don't care if the job is completely out of his league. At least he will push his team and show some type of steadfast determination. He won't spew off a bunch of BS after a loss, reading off the same excuses he gave the week before.

We hear the Sabres talking about accountability and the need for players and coaches to be held accountable. Where is the accountability on the Bills? There is none. None at all. Jauron needs to stop babying the players like they're little children - they're professional athletes. Everyone needs to be accountable.