PDA

View Full Version : firing Jauron difficult mid season, but....

trapezeus
10-05-2009, 08:58 AM
would it send a message to fire some FO people right now? As awful as jauron is, Modrak has been screwing things up for this team much longer....Brandon hasn't done anything note worthy other than extend Jauron last year prematurely.

Fire a couple of those guys at the top...i can't imagine that does anything during the season. The best it does is show the top coaching candidates that we are serious about changing the culture and they can have some serious input on the draft. It also sends a message to top GM candidates, that we are looking.

Jan Reimers
10-05-2009, 09:04 AM
I really think it's too late for "messages." The only thing that would make sense is replacing Jauron with a quality, legitimate coach (if one would come here) who would have 12 games to evaluate everything and come up with a plan for the future.

trapezeus
10-05-2009, 09:12 AM
that's my point. I think getting that legitimate coach will be difficult with the bizarre GM structure that the coach would have to play with. that's a huge negative. Why would gruden or any other guy come deal with morons like Modrak and Brandon. People who can't draft? They know that they're being set up to fail with this GM team.

So wouldn't it be better to have the front office cleaned out, let Jauron finish the year and be scouting for a new football man right now. Have them come in and say, "look, this place is cleaned out and available for you to do your thing. Bring in who you have to bring in, hire who you have to. We're just doing jauron the favor and let him finish this year. But hire who you want."

You get a respected football man who knows how to draft, getting a coach becomes infinitely easier.

justasportsfan
10-05-2009, 09:14 AM
what about sending a message to the fans who don't deserve this?

Jan Reimers
10-05-2009, 09:36 AM
what about sending a message to the fans who don't deserve this?
I think we've received our message, and it's "Screw you."