• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Syderick
    • Apr 2006

Rodney Harrison and Ray Lewis diss Tom Brady

The controversial roughing the passer on Tom Brady:

"Take off the skirt Brady". Please check out SCOUTVIDS.COM to see the rest of our vids. We are only able to upload a limited sample of them to youtube.

3,000,000th post on BZ!

• psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Re: Rodney Harrison and Ray Lewis diss Tom Brady

That was a pretty horrid call and Brady ALWAYS whines like a little girl. It was a bunch of crap, and I gained a tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny smidgen of respect for Rodney Harrison for calling Brady out about it.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Ickybaluky
      • Jul 2003

Rodney was kidding about Brady, teasing him. They are good friends, and the media is taking something he said and making it out to be criticism of Brady. He was smiling when he said it.

The larger point is true. There were 3 roughing the passer calls in the game, and none of them should be called. They are going over-the-top to protect the QB in the NFL, and are in danger of taking the physical aspect out of the game.

I understand people pay to see the top QBs, but they have gone too far. It is to the point where they are going to make defenders timid, because they are going to worry about getting a penalty for just hitting the QB.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by NE39
        They are going over-the-top to protect the QB in the NFL, and are in danger of taking the physical aspect out of the game.
        They are going over the top to protect the poster boy Brady. I haven't seen many other QBs including Manning to get coddled like that.

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

Rodney was kidding about Brady, teasing him. They are good friends, and the media is taking something he said and making it out to be criticism of Brady. He was smiling when he said it.

The larger point is true. There were 3 roughing the passer calls in the game, and none of them should be called. They are going over-the-top to protect the QB in the NFL, and are in danger of taking the physical aspect out of the game.

I understand people pay to see the top QBs, but they have gone too far. It is to the point where they are going to make defenders timid, because they are going to worry about getting a penalty for just hitting the QB.
          Joking or not, what Harrison said was absolutely and positively true. It's gotten to the point where Brady seems to expect the help from the officials. And while Edwards has gotten a call or two that I don't think he should have gotten (roughing the passer, that is), they weren't even close to Brady.

Miyagi is right...Brady's the main one getting protected by these calls.

I'm of the opinion that if the QB doesn't fall down, it's not a penalty. I'm sorry, but if Brady is still standing and right after getting touched is pointing down at the guy and the alleged "foul" then there's no way anything should be called.

There's a line between being competitive and being whiny, and Brady crossed it a long time ago.
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
            Joking or not, what Harrison said was absolutely and positively true. It's gotten to the point where Brady seems to expect the help from the officials. And while Edwards has gotten a call or two that I don't think he should have gotten (roughing the passer, that is), they weren't even close to Brady.

Miyagi is right...Brady's the main one getting protected by these calls.

I'm of the opinion that if the QB doesn't fall down, it's not a penalty. I'm sorry, but if Brady is still standing and right after getting touched is pointing down at the guy and the alleged "foul" then there's no way anything should be called.

There's a line between being competitive and being whiny, and Brady crossed it a long time ago.
            Brady is a whiny little *****. But he's still the league's goldenboy. So they are going to do everything they can to protect him!

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Meh, as much as I hate Brady we have our own little girl at qb who's everyones *****.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

Kidding? LOL, that is like running over a little kids bike with your car, then jumping out and saying "just kidding".

That is like beating your wife, then saying "just kidding".

it is like shooting your dog, and saying "just kidding".

I mean, the damage is done man, the cat is out the bag. Even his (ex)teammates know he is a cry baby.
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• T-Long
                  Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by yordad
                  Kidding? LOL, that is like running over a little kids bike with your car, then jumping out and saying "just kidding".

I mean, the damage is done man, the cat is out the bag. Even his (ex)teammates know he is a cry baby.
                  Brady knew he was kidding. Here is what he said today: "Rodney's been fined more than any player in the history of the NFL so I can understand why he's sensitive to cheap shots on the quarterback. Rodney's like my brother, man. I love Rodney. There's nothing he could ever say that could bother me."

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by yordad

I realize you guys are lashing out because Brady consistently beats the Bills and you are mad because your team sucks yet again, nonetheless:

LINK

Harrison, who during an interview with WEEI's "The Dale and Holley Show" this morning said he had received about 30 e-mails and 30 texts complaining about his comments, explained that no serious criticism of Brady was intended at all. He was simply taking a good-natured jab at his friend.

"My gosh, it's unbelievable, the kind of backlash with this," Harrison told hosts Dale Arnold and Michael Holley. "Tom and I we've been friends for years. There's no other person, no other football player maybe other than Junior Seau that I have more respect for.''

"I texted Tom and told him, 'Hey, Tom, I'm going to bust your chops a little bit at halftime.' It was a joke, and everyone's getting all bent out of shape," Harrison said.

"This guy's directly responsible for me having two Super Bowl rings on my fingers, and you think I'm going to call him out? It's one thing to criticize a guy out if he's not playing well. But to question a guy like Tom Brady, who I feel like is one of the toughest guys I've ever been around . . . It's totally absurd, ridiculous, that people would actually think that I would take a shot at Tom Brady."
                    Harrison was making a point about it being a bad call and took a good-natured jab at his close friend. You guys are missing the whole point. This isn't about Brady or the Pats, it is about the sissification of the NFL.

Comment

• Bulldog
                      Top Dog
                      • Jan 2003

I realize you guys are lashing out because Brady consistently beats the Bills and you are mad because your team sucks yet again, nonetheless:

LINK

Harrison was making a point about it being a bad call and took a good-natured jab at his close friend. You guys are missing the whole point. This isn't about Brady or the Pats, it is about the sissification of the NFL.
                      And you're clearly blinded by your love of the Patriots. Brady is handled differently than any other QB in the NFL, and if you can't see that or refuse to acknowledge it, thats your problem. That roughing the passer call was complete BS, and it's not just disgruntled Bills fans talking about it. I wish I had a clip of Trent Dilfer discussing it on ESPN last night. The rules are crap to begin with, and the refs lack of consistancy with regards to that call make it even worse.
                      I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                        • Jun 2005

NE39 bro I agree with you and all but dont take cheap shots like that man. I have more respect as a NE fan of you then that.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                          • Jun 2005

But NE39 Brady is babied by the NFL and the Refs which is pure bull****. Im sick of the way they coddle him and watching him point down at the guy yestrday yelling to the ref was gay so he should be wearing a skirt.

Comment

• psubills62
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bulldog
                            And you're clearly blinded by your love of the Patriots. Brady is handled differently than any other QB in the NFL, and if you can't see that or refuse to acknowledge it, thats your problem. That roughing the passer call was complete BS, and it's not just disgruntled Bills fans talking about it. I wish I had a clip of Trent Dilfer discussing it on ESPN last night. The rules are crap to begin with, and the refs lack of consistancy with regards to that call make it even worse.
                            I've only seen one roughing the passer call that was as questionable as the multiple calls Brady has gotten over the years. I think there was a game last year where someone hit Kerry Collins' arm when he was in the act of throwing and they called it.

But come on, NE39...we'd be saying this even if we were 4-0 and the Pats were 0-4. I would be anyways. This has been an issue for a while. And yes, the NFL has a huge problem with it, but the main beneficiary of these rules has consistently been Tom Brady. And somehow, at key times too.
                            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• yordad
                              • Dec 2007

You guys are missing the whole point.
                              No, you are. The point is it is true.
                              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

Working...
                              X