PDA

View Full Version : Thurman Thomas: "I hope T.O. goes off"

patmoran2006
10-05-2009, 11:22 AM
Thurman Thomas is a Buffalo icon. The Hall of Fame running back still lives, breathes and sleeps Buffalo Bills Football. When he’s not talking about goats and trash with former teammate Darryl Talley on his twitter, he’s heavily engaged in the happenings of the team he once helped build into a NFL powerhouse.

Thomas appeared this morning on his weekly WGR-550 radio talk show alongside host Mike Schoop, and was less than enthusiastic about this year’s version of the Bills. He minced no opinion when it comes to their current seemingly hopeless state.

READ MORE (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/10/thurman-thomas-i-hope-t-o-goes-off/)

sdbillsfan2
10-05-2009, 11:33 AM
Ok Thurm, get your own ideas!

"“I hope T.O. goes off.,” Thomas said. “ Maybe it will get some fire in those guys. Something needs to be done over there. Something needs to be done. Somebody has to come out and say something to change the attitude around there.”

Re: If I Was TO, I Wouldn't Want To Be Here Anymore <!-- Start Post Thank You Hack --> <!-- End Post Thank You Hack -->
<hr style="color: rgb(243, 243, 255);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> In some ways I really wish TO and a few others on this team WOULD go postal on the side lines. What we've been doing the last few years aren't getting us any closer to a super bowl or even a f'n wild card spot. Some body has to step up on the team and tell it like it is. Unfortunately, I think job security and a pay check are holding some of these guys from speaking up. They can't be any happier then we are . I know more then a few of them have some pride!
<!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> <hr style="color: rgb(243, 243, 255);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message -->http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=3003907#post3003907

-------------------------------------------------------------------

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
10-05-2009, 11:39 AM
At this point the only persons opinion that matters to me is Ralph's. If TO goes off then it would give us all something to talk about. TO is not someone I would look to as a leader on this team. It would just bring drama. I don't want drama, I want wins and a playoff berth.

Jaybird
10-05-2009, 11:41 AM
I agree with thurman. He needs to go off... this time has zero fire or character

NorthCarBills
10-05-2009, 11:41 AM
For a laugh I'm logging into today's press conf.. Any chance Thurm and Talley can make a surprise appearance and publicly embarrass the current regime of this organization? Maybe just read from Talley's blog entries?

Michael82
10-05-2009, 11:47 AM
I'm getting pissed at T.O. Not because he drops balls. But mainly because he's not the T.O. that we thought we were getting. This is TO lite. It seems like Dick Jauron managed to do what other coaches couldn't do...shut Terrell Owens up. Make him into another silent player that doesn't have the passion anymore. And it's depressing. I want TO to scream at Trent Edwards for checking off for the millionth time. I want TO to scream at AVP and Dick Jauron for their pathetic coaching. I want the real TO! :mad:

Dr. Lecter
10-05-2009, 11:54 AM
I am pissed at TO for giving half effort and showing that he is clearly dis-interested.

Watch him after the 2nd Int. As pissed as I was at Trent for throwing it, TOs reaction is inexcusable. He did nothing to make a tackle. Nothing.

This team sucks when players give full effort. Not giving an effort is the worst thing an athlete can do in my eyes.

trapezeus
10-05-2009, 11:57 AM
TO has nothing to gain from losing his cool. he only wanted to be here a year to get his last contract. he's not a stupid man to throw that away.

I said this on the article, but talley and thurman have both said players need to be called out. In their mind, who are those players. They have nothing to lose.

Why can't these former players get in front of Ralph and say, "look, you got to pull the trigger on a couple of these changes."

Joe Fo Sho
10-05-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm getting pissed at T.O. Not because he drops balls. But mainly because he's not the T.O. that we thought we were getting. This is TO lite. It seems like Dick Jauron managed to do what other coaches couldn't do...shut Terrell Owens up. Make him into another silent player that doesn't have the passion anymore. And it's depressing. I want TO to scream at Trent Edwards for checking off for the millionth time. I want TO to scream at AVP and Dick Jauron for their pathetic coaching. I want the real TO! :mad:

I've been sayin that since we signed him. I was more excited about him screaming at Jauron than I was about the possibility for him to have 10 tds.

Michael82
10-05-2009, 12:05 PM
I am pissed at TO for giving half effort and showing that he is clearly dis-interested.

Watch him after the 2nd Int. As pissed as I was at Trent for throwing it, TOs reaction is inexcusable. He did nothing to make a tackle. Nothing.

This team sucks when players give full effort. Not giving an effort is the worst thing an athlete can do in my eyes.

Sorry Tom...but even Sal disagreed with you last night. There's a lot to ***** about with the team and TO...but I honestly don't blame him for that. There were other players that didn't even try to tackle him too. I've watched Lee Evans and other players do that a lot. This team doesn't play like a team. They don't all run after the CB when a ball is intercepted. It's not just TO. :ill: Plus..what about the team giving up at the end and basically just letting Ronnie Brown run that touchdown in?

Michael82
10-05-2009, 12:06 PM
I've been sayin that since we signed him. I was more excited about him screaming at Jauron than I was about the possibility for him to have 10 tds.

That's one of the main reasons why I was glad to get him...knowing that if the team does what it always does, eventually TO would explode and tear this ****ty, pathetic bunch of losers apart. Call them out!

Dr. Lecter
10-05-2009, 12:09 PM
I am not defending the other guys who gave up.

But the TO thing is now a full pattern. Watch him line up for a running play or when he is not the primary receiver.

He also likes to present himself as the ultimate hard worker. When you do that, you have to lead by example.

And Sal more commented on the Twitter garbage he is involved in.

Point is, how can TO go off on the coaching or any of the players when he is not doing all he can do to help the team win? It would be an empty gesture when he deserves a big slab of blame as well.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
10-05-2009, 12:12 PM
I am not defending the other guys who gave up.

But the TO thing is now a full pattern. Watch him line up for a running play or when he is not the primary receiver.

He also likes to present himself as the ultimate hard worker. When you do that, you have to lead by example.

And Sal more commented on the Twitter garbage he is involved in.

Point is, how can TO go off on the coaching or any of the players when he is not doing all he can do to help the team win? It would be an empty gesture when he deserves a big slab of blame as well.

Very good point!

EDS
10-05-2009, 12:55 PM
The team needs a leader. TO, no surprise, is not a leader.

Jan Reimers
10-05-2009, 01:16 PM
I think TO got a lobotomy from the same brain surgeon that turned Dick into a zombie.

Michael82
10-05-2009, 01:26 PM
I think TO got a lobotomy from the same brain surgeon that turned Dick into a zombie.
I see the same thing. :ill: Hell...look at Poz. He was a beast and was fired up when he first came here, now he's very business like and a lot quieter. :ill:

Jan Reimers
10-05-2009, 01:30 PM
I see the same thing. :ill: Hell...look at Poz. He was a beast and was fired up when he first came here, now he's very business like and a lot quieter. :ill:
Dick has sucked all the life out of this team. There is no emotion left, anywhere.

patmoran2006
10-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Dick has sucked all the life out of this team. There is no emotion left, anywhere.
yeah I'd say that seemed pretty apparent yesterday

bigbub2352
10-05-2009, 02:20 PM

There u go again Doc we are completely agreeing on this
if you want to make a real statement cut his ass
fire the staff and start over using his ******* attitude as an example of what happens to players being overpaid babies

patmoran2006
10-05-2009, 06:23 PM
There u go again Doc we are completely agreeing on this
if you want to make a real statement cut his ass
fire the staff and start over using his ******* attitude as an example of what happens to players being overpaid babies

Tell em how ya really feel.

tampabay25690
10-06-2009, 05:55 AM

I don't blame T.O. at all and actually I feel for the guy.
For how many years has he been on a team that actually throws to him and is a winner. Even in Dallas they won games but they threw to T.O. there is so much behind him coming to Buffalo and I don't think it was on the top of his list with a bottom QB in the NFL.

I would rather have Josh Johnson from Tampa right now at least the guy shows some emotion......

LtFinFan66
10-06-2009, 06:00 AM
. :ill: Plus..what about the team giving up at the end and basically just letting Ronnie Brown run that touchdown in?they had Ronnie starting on their fantasy team:up:

TacklingDummy
10-06-2009, 06:42 AM
The team needs a leader. TO, no surprise, is not a leader.
Name one WR that is. Leaders play QB.

Dr. Lecter
10-06-2009, 07:25 AM
I don't blame T.O. at all and actually I feel for the guy.
For how many years has he been on a team that actually throws to him and is a winner. Even in Dallas they won games but they threw to T.O. there is so much behind him coming to Buffalo and I don't think it was on the top of his list with a bottom QB in the NFL.

I would rather have Josh Johnson from Tampa right now at least the guy shows some emotion......

You don't give up on plays. It is the one rule of sports. If a player is not gifted enough that is one thing. You never give up.

trapezeus
10-06-2009, 10:48 AM
the coaching staff can't cut TO...they apparently were the ones who went crying to the front office to bring him in. Player personnel is perhaps the worst talent that this team has.

doomsdayvirus
10-06-2009, 12:15 PM
i've never been a T.O. fan, but i can't disagree with anything he's said so far.

it's about time somebody stopped bull****ting and told it like it is. if he does that, blows this team up, leaves town and the bills get a fresh start, then i would be very content with that being his legacy here, rather than another big season of on-field production.