PDA

View Full Version : Why is it that....

Mike
10-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Why is it that Die Hard Fans, at times, seem to know more than inept organizations. I see this across the NFL. Often times, what the Die Hard Fans wants makes total sence. They are thinking along the right lines, for Coaching, FA, the Draft etc... why is it that the men on top can not see what seems to be so Obvious here are just a few Bills examples:

1. Hiring Dickie- many of us were disappointed that day. Others had hope in Marve and the organization... We could have had many other better coaches instead.
2. Drafting: Whitner at 8th overall, many wondered who that was since he was not on any of the major first round projections. We could have had, Ngata instead, a player many of you wanted.
3. Drafting McCargo: when the Bills traded back into the first, a few of us got excited we were hoping for Nick Mangold instead we drafted andother dud...
4. Resigning an unproductive Kelsay to a very big deal, so much so that we had to restructure Schobel.

Other Teams:
See Raiders. Just this year, they drafted a WR at 7 who had no business bing in the top 15 while crybaby crabtree was available. He had one catch going into week 4.

trapezeus
10-05-2009, 12:34 PM
1 of 2 things.

1. they are trying to prove how smart they are buy doing contrarian things. or 2. there is a layer of politics and back water deals that we just don't see. Why Marv gave us Jauron in a year when there were a couple much better options is beyond me.

DynaPaul
10-05-2009, 04:09 PM
The Marv years screwed us. I'm starting to think we only won on pure talent and awesome O and D coordinators back in the 90's rather than Marv's coaching.

SquishDaFish
10-05-2009, 04:11 PM
The Marv years screwed us. I'm starting to think we only won on pure talent and awesome O and D coordinators back in the 90's rather than Marv's coaching.

Marv as a GM was a disaster as a coach I totally disagree with you.

Luisito23
10-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Marv as a GM was a disaster as a coach I totally disagree with you.

Marv is in the HOF for a reason, but yeah as a GM he totally failed us.

Mike
10-05-2009, 05:53 PM
since Bill Polian left the Bills, we have lost our swagger. Ralph found a diamond in the rough with Polian, he hit the jackpot, only to let personality and petty squabbles ruin the relationship. Now, Ralph's team is paying the price.

If, Ralph has any since left, he should go out and hire a Bill Parcels type if he can not get the man himself. I would through a ton of cash to get that man if available. If not, I would get another top talent coach, GM, and recruiter.

I think that we can all agree that this is the sensible thing to do, so why doesn't Ralph do what is obviously the right thing to do?

Yasgur's Farm
10-05-2009, 05:57 PM
Marv is in the HOF out of pure luck... And Ralph has winners out of pure luck.

Marv was a Dick Jauron when he was hired (except he has a set of nuts). He inherited the perfect storm and failed in 4 straight SB's.

Ralph hired him because he was cheap.
Ralph promoted Polian just like he did Brandon.

It just so happened that (just this one time) it worked.