View Full Version : Hey Ingtar

casdhf
10-05-2009, 12:33 PM
If Jauron was fired tomorrow, would you take the job? :bow:

Ingtar33
10-05-2009, 01:15 PM
If Jauron was fired tomorrow, would you take the job? :bow:

depends.

I'm sure the pay would be better then what im making now. But i'd like to see a stronger commitment in the Bills front office to it's scouting department before i seriously consider it.

You have to understand the situation -

I'd be leaving a pretty stable job, for a team someone else built, and coached... worse i'd be stuck with coordinators who i don't know, as doing a FULL staff replacement mid season might be too much.

Finally, pro jobs are fleeting, i'd have probably the rest of this season, and all of next to turn it around, and i'd need some cooperation from the Front office, and a bit of luck.

-could i turn around this team? I don't know. Personally, it would be a "dream" job to coach in the NFL for my favorite team growing up. Since i figured i'd run with this thread.. here is what i would do day 1.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Fire Perry Fewell - i've seen enough to know this guy isn't the guy i want to coach anyone's defense. I would seriously consider bringing my current DC with me from college (though he'd probably be offered the team i just left, so it's unlikely he'd want to come)... though what might be a better idea, is interview the rest of the bills defensive staff individually, and go with the guy i think can get it done. I'd lean toward our D-line coach.. he seems to know what he's doing.

2) Change AVP's title to quarterback coach-assistant OC. Yes, it would be a theoretic demotion, but for the rest of the season, i'd like to split the hat as OC and see what AVP has.

3) keep April as Special Teams coach

4) go out and find help for the o-line. I would bring in anyone who's out of work who wants to work. Chambers, Bell and whats his name can't get the job done.

5) Dump the cover 2. I would switch over to a 34 - 43 hybred on the spot. We don't have the people to run 34 every play... but we have to give a different look on occasion. I'd like to see us play more Man to Man, and much less zone. I'd like to see better executed blitzes. The timing on our Blitzes is embarrassing.

6) Adjust the offensive playbook - I like about half of what the bills run. but i think i would force trent's hand by giving him a lot more 2 read plays, and force him to throw seam routs and 20 yard outs off the play action. Our team runs well for the most part... for the love of god use it with some play action.

7) dump the no huddle - i've loved the way we run the spread for part of this year... but the pace we run the no huddle is a joke. and frankly, we're not good enough on offense to increase that pace.

8) Sit Lynch on the bench (make it clear he lost his job to Jackson). I love how well he runs, he's a unique talent... but he's not designed to succeed behind this bills line. If he pouts and complains, he's gone in the off season. if he works hard and earns his starting position back, we'll keep him.

9) sit Terrell Owens - actually i'd be tempted to cut his ass. But i think sitting him might be enough. If he has pride he'll work on his hands, and give 100% on every play. If he's just a mouth he'll be cut the following week. this step will be done to send a message, which will be reinforced in the next step

10) sit anyone i see who doesn't give 100% on every play. period. no exceptions. this includes TE or Lee Evans or anyone else who is dogging it. This team isn't winning with it's "stars" half assed efforts, I'd rather lose with backups giving 100% then stars giving 50%, the fans in the city of buffalo deserve the Bills 100% effort on every play. win or lose.

11) Pride in the colors. I will sit (and eventually cut) anyone who does not have pride in the colors... who doesn't bleed red white and blue. Winning is a mindset that needs to be created, and part of winning is pride. You can build pride with the right men and culture in the locker room. Men with pride don't lose to the miami dolphins by 21 points. They don't lose to the NE Patriots when winning by 13 with 5 minutes left. and they sure as hell don't lose to the patriots by 40 like they did 2 years ago.

-that would be my first week in charge.

it's a nice fantasy... though i'll probably never coach the bills, it's still a nice fantasy.

Michael82
10-05-2009, 01:31 PM
depends.

I'm sure the pay would be better then what im making now. But i'd like to see a stronger commitment in the Bills front office to it's scouting department before i seriously consider it.

I'd be leaving a pretty stable job, for a team someone else built, and coached... worse i'd be stuck with coordinators who i don't know, as doing a FULL staff replacement mid season might be too much.

Finally, pro jobs are fleeting, i'd have probably the rest of this season, and all of next to turn it around, and i'd need some cooperation from the Front office, and a bit of luck.

-could i turn around this team? I don't know. Personally, it would be a "dream" job to coach in the NFL for my favorite team growing up. Since i figured i'd run with this thread.. here is what i would do day 1.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Fire Perry Fewell - i've seen enough to know this guy isn't the guy i want to coach anyone's defense. I would seriously consider bringing my current DC with me from college (though he'd probably be offered the team i just left, so it's unlikely he'd want to come)... though what might be a better idea, is interview the rest of the bills defensive staff individually, and go with the guy i think can get it done. I'd lean toward our D-line coach.. he seems to know what he's doing.

2) Change AVP's title to quarterback coach-assistant OC. Yes, it would be a theoretic demotion, but for the rest of the season, i'd like to split the hat as OC and see what AVP has.

4) go out and find help for the o-line. I would bring in anyone who's out of work who wants to work. Chambers, Bell and whats his name can't get the job done.

5) Dump the cover 2. I would switch over to a 34 - 43 hybred on the spot. We don't have the people to run 34 every play... but we have to give a different look on occasion. I'd like to see us play more Man to Man, and much less zone. I'd like to see better executed blitzes. The timing on our Blitzes is embarrassing.

6) Adjust the offensive playbook - I like about half of what the bills run. but i think i would force trent's hand by giving him a lot more 2 read plays, and force him to throw seam routs and 20 yard outs off the play action. Our team runs well for the most part... for the love of god use it with some play action.

7) dump the no huddle - i've loved the way we run the spread for part of this year... but the pace we run the no huddle is a joke. and frankly, we're not good enough on offense to increase that pace.

8) Sit Lynch on the bench (make it clear he lost his job to Jackson). I love how well he runs, he's a unique talent... but he's not designed to succeed behind this bills line. If he pouts and complains, he's gone in the off season. if he works hard and earns his starting position back, we'll keep him.

9) sit Terrell Owens - actually i'd be tempted to cut his ass. But i think sitting him might be enough. If he has pride he'll work on his hands, and give 100% on every play. If he's just a mouth he'll be cut the following week. this step will be done to send a message, which will be reinforced in the next step

10) sit anyone i see who doesn't give 100% on every play. period. no exceptions. this includes TE or Lee Evans or anyone else who is dogging it. This team isn't winning with it's "stars" half assed efforts, I'd rather lose with backups giving 100% then stars giving 50%, the fans in the city of buffalo deserve the Bills 100% effort on every play. win or lose.

11) Pride in the colors. I will sit (and eventually cut) anyone who does not have pride in the colors... who doesn't bleed red white and blue. Winning is a mindset that needs to be created, and part of winning is pride. You can build pride with the right men and culture in the locker room. Men with pride don't lose to the miami dolphins by 21 points. They don't lose to the NE Patriots when winning by 13 with 5 minutes left. and they sure as hell don't lose to the patriots by 40 like they did 2 years ago.

it's a nice fantasy... though i'll probably never coach the bills, it's still a nice fantasy.
Wow! You're hired! Very nice job, Coach! :bf1:

DraftBoy
10-05-2009, 01:53 PM
depends.

Can I get a job in the scouting department??

But in all seriousness though very impressive and I can't say I disagree. You'll need a complete roster overhaul imo.

Ingtar33
10-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Can I get a job in the scouting department??

But in all seriousness though very impressive and I can't say I disagree. You'll need a complete roster overhaul imo.

im not going to disagree... part of the problem is, i think nearly 20 or 30 players on that roster need to be gone.

One off season probably won't be enough to fix this mess... though, you can become competitive if it's a perfect off season.

We need 2 more starting quality OTs... above and beyond anything else. We probably need some DBs who can play man to man. McKelvin can do it, and McGee is probably a nickle back in the defense I'd like to build.. .but we'd need one more cover corner, and at least one more safety... (I'd look at moving Harris to SS, as the defense i have in mind would really work well with him hawking around the line... i loved him at SS in college.. and while his coverage is terrible... i don't see the harm in putting him on the field and see if he can handle some man coverage on backs and TEs this year)

I love Mitchell's timing on his blitzes.. he's the best blitzer on the squad... sadly that's about all he's good at... so we'd probably be shopping for at least 1 more LB in the off season (34 ILB).. elision would be gone.. as would Denney and Kelsey... i'd need to see how well Schobel can play standing up as a 34 olb before deciding what to do with him...

We'd probably need at least 2 new D-linemen as well... a true 34 NT... i would spend a fortune to get a good one, and maybe a 5 technique end (not as important).

finally we'll need to look for QB... i'm not a big fan of this years QB crop, and i wouldn't plan on tanking the season badly enough to get a high enough pick to take one of the better ones. So that means we'd need a vet. If McNabb or Garcia are available, I'd bring them in. If they aren't, i'd do what i can to work with Edwards for next year.

Mr. Miyagi
10-05-2009, 02:07 PM
I'm emailing this to Ralph right now.

Dozerdog
10-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Sell hot dogs and beer at the Ralph for $1 and you got my vote

DraftBoy
10-05-2009, 02:12 PM
im not going to disagree... part of the problem is, i think nearly 20 or 30 players on that roster need to be gone.

One off season probably won't be enough to fix this mess... though, you can become competitive if it's a perfect off season.

We need 2 more starting quality OTs... above and beyond anything else. We probably need some DBs who can play man to man. McKelvin can do it, and McGee is probably a nickle back in the defense I'd like to build.. .but we'd need one more cover corner, and at least one more safety... (I'd look at moving Harris to SS, as the defense i have in mind would really work well with him hawking around the line... i loved him at SS in college.. and while his coverage is terrible... i don't see the harm in putting him on the field and see if he can handle some man coverage on backs and TEs this year)

I love Mitchell's timing on his blitzes.. he's the best blitzer on the squad... sadly that's about all he's good at... so we'd probably be shopping for at least 1 more LB in the off season (34 ILB).. elision would be gone.. as would Denney and Kelsey... i'd need to see how well Schobel can play standing up as a 34 olb before deciding what to do with him...

We'd probably need at least 2 new D-linemen as well... a true 34 NT... i would spend a fortune to get a good one, and maybe a 5 technique end (not as important).

finally we'll need to look for QB... i'm not a big fan of this years QB crop, and i wouldn't plan on tanking the season badly enough to get a high enough pick to take one of the better ones. So that means we'd need a vet. If McNabb or Garcia are available, I'd bring them in. If they aren't, i'd do what i can to work with Edwards for next year.

So was that a no on the job then??

Id look at maybe grabbing Arthur Jones (3-4 DE), and then Vince Oghobaase to play the nose. I think Ogho can play it right now. Im a bigger fan of his over Terrance Cody. I think getting veteran NT would be a better option though.

This years QB crop is weak, I agree about looking for a veteran. There may be some good Day 2 projects like a Pat Devlin, Thaddeus Lewis, Jarrett Brown type.

I'm assuming you'd move Maybin to 3-4 OLB (where I think he's better suited)? If you switch to a 3-4 D, I think you could draft almost all on the D side and go with a draft like this;

1. DE Arthur Jones
2. DT Vince Oghobaase
3. OLB Greg Middleton
4. DE D'Anthony Smith
5. ILB Daryl Washington
6. SS Barry Church

Sets up your 3-4 D very well, imo.

psubills62
10-05-2009, 02:17 PM

Id look at maybe grabbing Arthur Jones (3-4 DE), and then Vince Oghobaase to play the nose. I think Ogho can play it right now. Im a bigger fan of his over Terrance Cody. I think getting veteran NT would be a better option though.

This years QB crop is weak, I agree about looking for a veteran. There may be some good Day 2 projects like a Pat Devlin, Thaddeus Lewis, Jarrett Brown type.

I'm assuming you'd move Maybin to 3-4 OLB (where I think he's better suited)? If you switch to a 3-4 D, I think you could draft almost all on the D side and go with a draft like this;

1. DE Arthur Jones
2. DT Vince Oghobaase
3. OLB Greg Middleton
4. DE D'Anthony Smith
5. ILB Daryl Washington
6. SS Barry Church

It probably won't happen, but if Wilfork doesn't sign with NE, he'd be a very good vet NT acquisition. I believe Casey Hampton is also an option (won't be re-signing with Pittsburgh), although I'd see him more as a stopgap and future backup than true starter.

bigbub2352
10-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Completely agree with this post and i even agree with DB for a change
Can i get in as a assistant to defensive cordinator?
i got lots of ideas

Ingtar33
10-05-2009, 02:21 PM

1. DE Arthur Jones
2. DT Vince Oghobaase
3. OLB Greg Middleton
4. DE D'Anthony Smith
5. ILB Daryl Washington
6. SS Barry Church

I'm a firm believer in playing what your team can play. I like the 34 mostly because i like the flexibility in the front 7... but it's not without it's issues. We might not have enough men after this upcoming off season to play it exclusively... we might have to play a mostly 43 front next year too.

that's alright, i've seen some impressive 43 defenses... but this 1 gap, Tampa 2 garbage has to go. I've never been a fan of 1 gap defenses... without serious talent all over a t2 defense you're just mediocre. which is exactly what we are.

I think you have to look at BPA in round one... there isn't a position on this football team that can't stand being improved right now. I would probably spend most of my draft on the OL and DL.

The only way you win consistently in this league is with great line play... we can use FA to cover some of those holes i think.

As to a job in the FA, well we're talking fantasy here (as i won't be coaching the bills any time soon) but sure. why not. i don't agree with all of your evaluations (especially on the skill positions on the offensive side of the ball), but you're about as good as some of the other regional scouts i've known in the years. I'd see no harm in you ending up in a FO. Besides only hiring people you agree with is a quick way to draft disaster.

DraftBoy
10-05-2009, 02:29 PM
I'm a firm believer in playing what your team can play. I like the 34 mostly because i like the flexibility in the front 7... but it's not without it's issues. We might not have enough men after this upcoming off season to play it exclusively... we might have to play a mostly 43 front next year too.

that's alright, i've seen some impressive 43 defenses... but this 1 gap, Tampa 2 garbage has to go. I've never been a fan of 1 gap defenses... without serious talent all over a t2 defense you're just mediocre. which is exactly what we are.

I think you have to look at BPA in round one... there isn't a position on this football team that can't stand being improved right now. I would probably spend most of my draft on the OL and DL.

The only way you win consistently in this league is with great line play... we can use FA to cover some of those holes i think.

As to a job in the FA, well we're talking fantasy here (as i won't be coaching the bills any time soon) but sure. why not. i don't agree with all of your evaluations (especially on the skill positions on the offensive side of the ball), but you're about as good as some of the other regional scouts i've known in the years. I'd see no harm in you ending up in a FO. Besides only hiring people you agree with is a quick way to draft disaster.

I just want to see an aggressive D. I want corners who can bump and run to dispute the timing of passing games and I want a front 7 who can bring some havoc!

I agree you have to draft the line first, this game is won and less in the trenches.

I know its all fantasy, its all fun and games. Sadly though you're assessment is probably one of the best Ive seen in a while of the current state of the Bills. Also thank you for the kind compliment about being as good as other regional scouts. If you ever do end up with the Bills, or any team and need scouting help, you know how to reach me. Id be there in a moments notice.

Canadian'eh!
10-05-2009, 03:03 PM
Ingtar...

Dont' forget to pull down your pants in the locker room during the halftime of your first game. That's key.

And I'm on board with most of what you said. Especially running a 4-3/3-4 Hybrid. Which i have wanted for a while.

Def need a true NT. I think Stroud could move outside in a 3-4 fairly effectively. Maybe even Williams or McCargo as well. Not an urgent need to find 3-4 DE's IMO. Desperate need for a NT though

Maybin and Poz are there for LB's, but beyond that it's a bad situation. Pretty much everyone wold have to go, with the possible exception of Schobel.

I'd move Harris inside and see if he can make the switch. Don't love him at SS too much, as depth maybe.. If you get lucky, Maybin-Harris-Poz-Schobel would be serviceable.. but you have no depth, which is a must in the 3-4.

I actually think MCGee would be better in man to man. Maybe he's only a nikel in that scheme, but i'd give him a shot. McKelvin would be fine. Corner and Lankster give good depth eventually. Youboty and Florence are goners. Might need another CB but I'd not be panicking.

S is a position I'm weary of. I don't think Whitner is a playmaker or ever will be. I'd trade him. Byrd needs to get good at FS fast. But a SS is needed.

So I guess I'd go into next year with priorities of (on D):

NT!!
ILB
OLB
SS

asking a lot.

On the O I'm just looking for 2 GOOD OT's and some better coaching. Lynch I'd probably trade to address other needs, and draft another RB at some point to help out.

mybills
10-05-2009, 03:55 PM
I stopped reading it after the TO comment. It's really not his fault, nor anyone else's fault, for not giving their all to any of these F *** ups. I don't blame them, especially a veteran player who is on the inside watching and listening to the insanity unfold.

Ingtar33
10-05-2009, 06:07 PM
I stopped reading it after the TO comment. It's really not his fault, nor anyone else's fault, for not giving their all to any of these F *** ups. I don't blame them, especially a veteran player who is on the inside watching and listening to the insanity unfold.

I'm sorry but i can't get on board with this.

TO is being paid 6 million dollars to play a game this year. If i were coach i'd expect him to give 100% every play. He is lazy and half assing it. what type of message does that give everyone else on the team?

Jauron clearly doesn't care what message it send the team. i do. If i was coach i'd sit his ass on the bench for someone giving 100% every down. If he complained i'd cut him.

I'm sorry it's just this simple. this team is lazy and is giving up on the football field. If you want to watch better football you have to send a message that giving up and less then 100% effort every play will not be acceptable.

casdhf
10-05-2009, 06:11 PM
He doesn't even extend his arms for poorly thrown balls. He just watches them hit the ground. He's a bum.

And Ing ... you'd cut him with a $6.5 million guaranteed contact?

Ingtar33
10-05-2009, 06:24 PM
He doesn't even extend his arms for poorly thrown balls. He just watches them hit the ground. He's a bum.

And Ing ... you'd cut him with a $6.5 million guaranteed contact?

absolutely. he doesn't want to play and get his 6mil... he's welcome to it. i just don't want him in my locker room or on the football field. How do you tell the team that i'll play the best players that give me 100% every down.. if i'm keeping a lazy 6 million dollar WR on the bench and locker room?

I'm sorry. you can't treat a guy different just because of his contract.

mybills
10-05-2009, 07:02 PM
To me, none of them look like they're earning their money. None of them look like they play lights out. You'll have to cut them all.

psubills62
10-05-2009, 07:09 PM
Ingtar...

Out of curiosity, what division of NCAA football do you coach in? I figure you wouldn't necessarily want to tell us what school. I'm just curious as to what you're running now, what kind of records you've had and what kind of competition you've played against.

Appreciated the overhaul plan.

I'm also curious as to what starters you'd get rid of. Would you give our '09 draft picks like Byrd, Maybin, Nelson, etc., a chance to prove themselves?

Typ0
10-05-2009, 07:24 PM
Ing...since were giving out fantasy jobs can I get a position doing clean up in the Jills locker room?

mybills
10-05-2009, 07:26 PM
I want the QB job 'cause I can throw further than Trent.

Ingtar33
10-05-2009, 07:26 PM
To me, none of them look like they're earning their money. None of them look like they play lights out. You'll have to cut them all.

read what i wrote at the top.

I said nothing about cutting him day one. I said i'd bench him. and if he whined in the press, he'd get cut.

-putting that aside, i'll agree with you, TO isn't the only one walking through the game.

Meathead
10-05-2009, 07:30 PM
hey britney

Ingtar33
10-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Ingtar...

Out of curiosity, what division of NCAA football do you coach in? I figure you wouldn't necessarily want to tell us what school. I'm just curious as to what you're running now, what kind of records you've had and what kind of competition you've played against.

Appreciated the overhaul plan.

I'm also curious as to what starters you'd get rid of. Would you give our '09 draft picks like Byrd, Maybin, Nelson, etc., a chance to prove themselves?

heh.. i was writing a little something to nice and vaguely answer your question then i googled myself, and saw how much wiki has... and changed my mind...

we're undefeated in conference this year... and i think that's as far as i'll go.

setting that aside -

our Tackles have to go (o-line)... i'd like an upgrade at TE... though i think Nelson could be something special, Witner would be on the chopping block, as would McGee... Mitchell and Ellison both would be on the chopping block.. as would Schobel, Kelsay and Denney (though i think Schobel will stay, i don't know for sure)... hell, even trent edwards would be "under review" so to speak

psubills62
10-05-2009, 08:10 PM
heh.. i was writing a little something to nice and vaguely answer your question then i googled myself, and saw how much wiki has... and changed my mind...

we're undefeated in conference this year... and i think that's as far as i'll go.

setting that aside -

our Tackles have to go (o-line)... i'd like an upgrade at TE... though i think Nelson could be something special, Witner would be on the chopping block, as would McGee... Mitchell and Ellison both would be on the chopping block.. as would Schobel, Kelsay and Denney (though i think Schobel will stay, i don't know for sure)... hell, even trent edwards would be "under review" so to speak

Haha that's perfectly reasonable. Sounds like you're not that bad of a coach then :up:

I wouldn't mind keeping Bell for at least depth, but other than that I would be fine with getting rid of the tackles. The rest sounds fine to me.

Canadian'eh!
10-06-2009, 08:27 AM

setting that aside -

Wow... I knew that was you Urban Meyer.

EDS
10-06-2009, 08:56 AM

I agree. I think the Bills need to look at a team like the Giants as a model on how to build. The Giants have great line play on both sides of the ball which makes the rest of the offensive and defensive units look good.