PDA

View Full Version : Where would we be if things went differently in January 2006?

Michael82
10-05-2009, 12:52 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how Marv Levy could have screwed up the New Head Coaching hire back then and was curious who all the other candidates were. Some of them would have been very good choices and who knows about others. and then again...the truth is that Marv wanted Mike Mularkey to stay. What would have happened if he didn't resign? These kind of questions bug me more and more when I continue to see the **** I saw on Sunday and have seen many times since that awful January day. Anyways...here were the people we interviewed...

Dick Jauron (we all know how it worked out. But the interesting thing is...WGR reported back then that it was Marv Levy who fought for him. He liked what he saw when he worked on the radio in Chicago. :ill: )

Mike Sherman (Ralph preferred him and wanted to give him the job, until he gave in to Levy)

Sean Payton (He's been a very good head coach for the Saints)

Jim Caldwell (He was probably only interviewed to fulfill the Rooney rule, but he was still interviewed and is now the head coach in Indianapolis)

Dom Capers (He's doing very well as a DC for the Packers and was good with the 3-4 in Miami)

Bobby April (Who knows how he would do as a head coach, but he did interview)

James Lofton (interviewed due to the Rooney rule)

---------------------------------------------

I know this is like banging your head on the wall continuously...but I just always wonder... WHAT IF

TacklingDummy
10-05-2009, 12:57 PM
As long as the people who are responsible for putting the players on the field are still in charge of Drafting and Free Agency nothing is going to change.

Michael82
10-05-2009, 01:23 PM
As long as the people who are responsible for putting the players on the field are still in charge of Drafting and Free Agency nothing is going to change.
Yeah i know....I still can't believe Modrak and Guy are still employed by this team. :ill:

Philagape
10-05-2009, 01:53 PM
They chose Dick over Sean Payton.

:banghead:
:hang:
:flush: