PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade Owens?

Ickybaluky
10-05-2009, 02:49 PM
... or anyone else on the team?

If the Bills really are convinced that Jauron is a dead man walking (and... I think it is safe to say most feel that way), would you start playing for next year already?

If I'm Ralph Wilson, I'd think about it. Owens probably could help quite a few teams right now (Chicago?). He is only here on a 1-year deal, so why not trade him?

What good is another year of 7-9? Instead, stockpile draft picks and call it a rebuilding year. You finish with a worse record and have a shot at one of the top QBs. That would make the job look better to someone coming in to take over, as they would have their own QB to build around, extra draft picks, cap space and some decent young players. That would appeal to one of the big-name coaches out there looking for a job next year.

SquishDaFish
10-05-2009, 02:50 PM
I only would trade him for a 1st or maybe a 2nd

EDS
10-05-2009, 02:50 PM
I doubt they could get much for Owens as it would be perceived as a fire sale by all other parties.

Night Train
10-05-2009, 02:53 PM
[quote=NE39If I'm Ralph Wilson, I'd think about it. [/quote]

Assuming Ralph is thinking about anything is a giant leap of faith.

mchurchfie
10-05-2009, 02:55 PM
I would trade him just to see what he really had to say about this team and its coaches after he bailed out of Buffalo. Might as well get a draft pick for him, we aren't going anywheres this year and I doubt he is going to give much of an effort anymore.

TacklingDummy
It's only a matter of time before TO gets "injured" and misses the rest of the year.

DraftBoy
Without a shadow of a doubt. Id trade him for some picks in the 2010 draft. Id also consider moving guys like Schobel, Kelsay, and other vets who anybody would want for draft picks.

bigbub2352
10-05-2009, 02:56 PM
I would tradE TO for a 3rd round pick in a second
I would trade Donte Whitner for a pick
I would trade aaron schobel Chris kelsay Ryan Denney Roscoe Parrish Kawika Mitchell Keith Ellison if we can get anything for them in a second
throw in Trent Edwards as well im done supporting his pussy style of QB as well
If the price was right i would trade Lee Evans as well he is 1 dimensional and it hurts him as much as it hurts us in the salary cap that we pay him so much and dont have a QB to throw to him so if you could pull a hi pick for him
goodbye

Ickybaluky
10-05-2009, 03:00 PM
Even if you only pick up a mid-round pick, it would be worth it. The guy is on a 1-year deal.

The point is, you scrap this year and do everything possible to make the team more attractive to an incoming coach. You want extra picks, some young players with talent, a high draft pick (to get a QB) and cap room.

Buffalo could have all that next year. a guy like Cowher, Gruden, Shanahan, etc. would see it as an attractive destination. I think that should be the primary concern.

Another year around .500 would be worse, IMO. That is why you pack it in now.

mchurchfie
10-05-2009, 03:04 PM
Even if you only pick up a mid-round pick, it would be worth it. The guy is on a 1-year deal.

The point is, you scrap this year and do everything possible to make the team more attractive to an incoming coach. You want extra picks, some young players with talent, a high draft pick (to get a QB) and cap room.

Buffalo could have all that next year. a guy like Cowher, Gruden, Shanahan, etc. would see it as an attractive destination. I think that should be the primary concern.

That makes waay too much sense, it'll never happen.

mchurchfie
10-05-2009, 03:05 PM
It's only a matter of time before TO gets "injured" and misses the rest of the year.
Yep, its just a matter of time before that turftoe starts acting up again. We can call him TOE instead of TO.

TacklingDummy
10-05-2009, 03:07 PM

Another year around .500 gets the Bills another draft pick in the 11, 12, 8, 13, area of the draft. The problem is the Bills have been just good/bad enough to screw themselves from getting early round picks in the draft.

trapezeus
10-05-2009, 03:09 PM
who is trading for TO? they didn't want him during free agency...thta's why he ended in buffalo in the first place.

If you can get a pick for him and get out of having to pay his salary, trade him. but i don't think the market is there.

mchurchfie
10-05-2009, 03:11 PM
Another year around .500 gets the Bills another draft pick in the 11, 12, 8, 13, area of the draft. The problem is the Bills have been just good/bad enough to screw themselves from getting early round picks in the draft.
The bigger problem has been Modrak and Co....9 years of **** drafting.

Mr. Pink
10-05-2009, 03:19 PM
I doubt he'd have much value in the trade market.

I doubt that he purposely said, hey I wanna go to Buffalo!

The above being said, I personally believe that we are stuck with him just as much as he is stuck with us.

historypete
10-05-2009, 03:19 PM
I honestly think any veteran on this roster is eligible to trade. This isn't hockey where firesales take place, but I really look to move guys for draft picks. The problem is I don't think we get any real value for anyone on this team.

Still with that said, if someone comes to us and says T.O. for a 4th, I make that move in a second. Its not like he'll resign here at the end of the year.

PECKERWOOD
10-05-2009, 03:23 PM
We wouldn't get anything for Terrell but I must say that Lee Evans would be sexy trade bait.

PECKERWOOD
10-05-2009, 03:26 PM
Hey, Al..

Would you like to scrap your entire draft next season for Lee Evans??? He runs a 4.32 40!!

OpIv37
10-05-2009, 04:30 PM
... or anyone else on the team?

If the Bills really are convinced that Jauron is a dead man walking (and... I think it is safe to say most feel that way), would you start playing for next year already?

If I'm Ralph Wilson, I'd think about it. Owens probably could help quite a few teams right now (Chicago?). He is only here on a 1-year deal, so why not trade him?

What good is another year of 7-9? Instead, stockpile draft picks and call it a rebuilding year. You finish with a worse record and have a shot at one of the top QBs. That would make the job look better to someone coming in to take over, as they would have their own QB to build around, extra draft picks, cap space and some decent young players. That would appeal to one of the big-name coaches out there looking for a job next year.

I'd keep Lynch and Moorman. Anyone and everyone else is up for grabs if someone wants them. This team is ****ing garbage and there's no point in trying to stick it out any longer.

Mudflap1
10-05-2009, 04:34 PM
I'd keep Lynch and Moorman. Anyone and everyone else is up for grabs if someone wants them. This team is ****ing garbage and there's no point in trying to stick it out any longer.

I'd say keep Fred Jackson, but part of me wishes he would be rewarded for being a good guy by being sent to a better team.

OpIv37
10-05-2009, 04:44 PM
I'd say keep Fred Jackson, but part of me wishes he would be rewarded for being a good guy by being sent to a better team.
I'm in no hurry to dump Jackson, but I would do it for the right price.

Hell, normally I'm opposed to trades within the division, but trade TO to the Jets just to **** the Patriots.

Pinkerton Security
10-05-2009, 04:44 PM
Hey, Al..

Would you like to scrap your entire draft next season for Lee Evans??? He runs a 4.32 40!!

hahaha

Luisito23
10-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Can we trade owners?

Mike
10-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Yes... Everyone is expendable, Everyone. I dont think we have one player that is untouchable, not one!!!

That being said, I don't think anyone will give us anything more than a 2nd for any of our players. Owens may not even fetch the 4th rounder the Pats gave Oakland for his services, not because he has lost a step, but because he is a 35 year old FA at the end of the season. That leaves us with Jackson and Evens as players with perceived value. Niether will fectch a 1st rounder, however maybee a second.

I am open to trying to trade all and any of our players for the right price. I would give Lynch up for a 3rd and a 4rth, Owens a 4th, Stroud a 3rd, Kelsey a 6th/7th, Schobel a 3rd, Whitner a 3rd, Poz a 4th... etc...even TE might get us a 2nd from the right suiter. I think that there is a league wide understanding that TE can do very well in the right system. The only players I would not sell cheap would be our newly acquired rookie lineman. I would want at least 2nd for them!

Mudflap1
10-05-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm in no hurry to dump Jackson, but I would do it for the right price.

Hell, normally I'm opposed to trades within the division, but trade TO to the Jets just to **** the Patriots.

Nice post in a thread started by a Patriots fan... :rofl:

Take that "Olive Boy!"

mybills
10-05-2009, 06:15 PM
No, I'd rather beg him to stay longer if we can find a veteran QB replacement.

justasportsfan
10-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Only if the trade includes Dick

OpIv37
10-05-2009, 08:42 PM
Nice post in a thread started by a Patriots fan... :rofl:

Take that "Olive Boy!"

No offense to NE39. He's probably one of only 2 or 3 reasonable Pats fans I've ever had contact with.

But, unfortunately, as Bills fans we can no longer take glory in our team winning. The only thing we can do is root for the teams that make our lives miserable to lose.