PDA

View Full Version : Ugh

The Juice Is Loose
10-05-2009, 04:14 PM
I waited a day to post.

Tried to not be emotional.

I just can't take this team. Jauron is leading us nowhere. The wrong decisions are countless.

Each year I try to find reasons they could do well. Most of the time there are several teams that rise up every year from nothing. I thought that this could/would be that year.

The injuries aren't helping, and I'm not saying that we'd be any better if we hadn't gotten torn up in injuries.

But I think that player acquisition and evaluation is just terrible on this team.

Why do we acquire guys to change them? We sign a guard make him a center, draft a center, make him a guard. Draft a clear obvious outside linebacker and make him a d end.

We practice Denney at tight end. We draft guys like Derek Fine. What the heck for? What could he have possibly shown to say hey we'll pick him over anybody?

Derek Fine looks like an UDFA to me.

How do you go out and acquire a top notch WR and NOT make it a priority to get him involved?

How do we pass up Jay Cutler in 2006 with nothing but Losman on the roster? We take Whitner. We had Milloy, but cut him to save money. Then we draft Whitner so high we pay him more. Then we say we go with Losman

Then when Losman actually has a good year, THEN we draft a QB. But in the 3rd round. After every team passed on him 2 times and half the league 3 times. That's our guy. Everyone elses trash is our treasure.

Then after 2 games we give him the keys to franchise. And he never progresses further from that moment.

I can appreciate youth but this team has literally no veteran influence. Shobel is quiet, Kelsay isn't good enough to say anything, Stroud is a cartoon charactor.

Other than that, this teams average age is probably 24. But we pass on guys like Tinosamoa, Brooks, Runyan, Jeff Garcia. Its unbelievable.

Aside from failing to evaluate talent, we've failed to develop it. On all fronts.

My friend brought this up to me today: Name a player the Bills have drafted in the last 5-10 years that has gotten better after his rookie year...

I mean seriously. Nobody.

The sad thing is. Most franchises could see this year going horrible as a bright sign of change to come. Clean house. New faces. At least its not the same stuff. But IDK. I think Jauron could be here in 2010. Honestly.

Even then, what are we gonna do? Go get Bill Cowher? I don't think so. Besides, he lost his passion once he got the ring. He looked mellow his last year in Pittsburgh. He lost it.

I don't want Holmgren. I don't want Gruden. I don't want Billick.

Pretty much the only guy I'd be excited about hiring would be Rob Ryan. It would create some fun between us and the Jets. It would be 3-4 defense. It would bring fire, passion, and emotion. I'd rather lose fighting then get murdered like girls. Like they did yesterday.

I'm not giving up on the team. I'm not throwing in my fanhood. But I'm sure as **** not expecting anything until the entire structure changes. At this point, I'm almost ready to let them leave so I can find a new team without feeling like a traider.

It would be Chicago for me, because I drafted Cutler in my mind in 06. He's looking good in Chi town with no WR's. Just wait til they get some. He's going to the pro bowl every year.

Not much more I can say about it. Not my best post. I could do this for hours. List the things wrong with this franchise.

Mudflap1
10-05-2009, 04:16 PM
10-6 ???

The Juice Is Loose
10-05-2009, 04:22 PM
sorry for being optimistic and hoping for the best.

i won't do it anymore.

Dr. Pepper
10-05-2009, 04:30 PM
sorry for being optimistic and hoping for the best.

i won't do it anymore.

welcome to the club.... took you a couple weeks longer than me.

cocamide
10-05-2009, 04:53 PM
I'd be curious to see if there's one optimistic Bills fan still out there. I was semi-optimistic going in to this week, but now I just want us to lose the rest of our games so we can pick first, get a whole new coaching staff and completely start over. The only person I'd keep is the midget trainer.

SeatownBillsFan21
10-05-2009, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the post I think we all feel the same way today it's sad that in week four there is no sign of this team getting any better anytime soon

Typ0
10-05-2009, 05:03 PM
I don't know how people could remain so optimistic when the OC was fired a week before the season. That is a clear indication that some things are seriously wrong. It sucks they waited so long but you have to give DJ credit for doing something...he could have just waited until week 14 to can him as a scapegoat.

But the so called optimists need to do some soul searching about all the whining they do about pessimists. You can't be an optiimist to the point that you are blind it's very dangerous. Yes, a positive attitude is required to win but if you aren't careful you can fall really hard.

Billz_fan
10-05-2009, 05:06 PM
Well, I was worried about you Juice. Glad you showed up ;)

Anyway, Get ready cus I fully expect a win vs Cleveland that will momentarilly deflect all the crap.

Just part of the process so don't get caught in the glamour when we beat winless Cleveland this weekend.

Ok ?

trapezeus
10-05-2009, 05:15 PM
the bills winning against the browns won't stem the critisizm unless they have a perfect game. that's what it takes for them to win.

Jauron will not get a single guy ready to play this game.

Anyways, welcome to the pit of despair yet again.....

Borosai
10-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Organizational incompetence.

Honestly, if the NFL could dispose of teams based on inadequacy, the Bills would be tossed on the heap. When will the people in charge get their **** together? :tap:

Scumbag College
10-05-2009, 05:31 PM
Very well written post Juice. It sums up all of the years of frustrations and mismanagement from this ****ty owner, front office, and coaching staff.

Nighthawk
10-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Wait...the all knowing JIL said this team was going 10-6? Reality sucks...doesn't it?!?!?!