When was the last time watching the Bills was fun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

When was the last time watching the Bills was fun?

I'm thinking it dates back to 2004 when we had the almost-playoff run. Ever since then, this team has been awful. No team wins every game, and being a fan is supposed to have ups and downs. But this is ridiculous. Where are the "ups"?

I used to be very animated when I watched the Bills. I'd jump up and cheer if something good happens. I'd get pissed and swear if something bad happens. Yesterday, the only time I even reacted was when Edwards through the INT that was returned to make it 10-0. After that, the team was just beaten down. There was no life left in them.

When we have 3rd and 4 on O, what's the point in getting excited? We all know we're not going to make it.

When they have 3rd and 7 and we're on D, what's the point in getting excited? We all know they are going to make it.

And then it hit me: I watch the games the same way Dick Jauron coaches: emotionless and with a blank stare, as if we're already beaten. WTF? Bills football will not be fun or exciting until this joker is run out of town.
    Last edited by OpIv37; 10-05-2009, 04:50 PM.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Dr. Pepper
    • Apr 2008

Re: When was the last time watching the Bills was fun?

since ive become a fan, they havent made the playoffs. so sad.

Comment

• Meathead
      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
      • Jul 2002

the first third of last season was pretty kewl

of course we now know that was an aberration but still
      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• d1220
        • Aug 2003

The last time it was fun was the 31-3 opener against the Pats. It has been downhill since then.
        "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

--- Calvin Coolidge

Comment

• cocamide
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37
          I'm thinking it dates back to 2004 when we had the almost-playoff run. Ever since then, this team has been awful. No team wins every game, and being a fan is supposed to have ups and downs. But this is ridiculous. Where are the "ups"?

I used to be very animated when I watched the Bills. I'd jump up and cheer if something good happens. I'd get pissed and swear if something bad happens. Yesterday, the only time I eve reacted was when Edwards through the INT that was returned to make it 10-0. After that, the team was just beaten down. There was no life left in them.

When we have 3rd and 4 on O, what's the point in getting excited? We all know we're not going to make it.

When they have 3rd and 7 and we're on D, what's the point in getting excited? We all know they are going to make it.

And then it hit me: I watch the games the same way Dick Jauron coaches: emotionless and with a blank stare, as if we're already beaten. WTF? Bills football will not be fun or exciting until this joker is run out of town.
          Great post, I could not agree more. I've had my friends over for the Dallas and New England Monday night games. Both are not Bills fans, but don't mind rooting for them (out of pity for me, I guess). They were getting excited when we were winning both of those games, and I think they were surprised that I never get excited when we're doing well. I kept saying, "We'll blow it eventually", and since they're not Bills fans, they say "There's no way you can lose this game!" We all know how those ended. I guess the point is: The good thing about football is the emotional thrill that you get from watching your team win (and even sometimes lose). But, it's absolutely no fun when you can't even enjoy your team when they're doing well because you know they'll blow it.

Comment

• MassEffect218435
            • Apr 2009

2004 when McGahee was tearing the league a new one.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
              Making Spirits Bright
              • Mar 2006

First of all, I don't know how anyone can say watching us start 4-0 wasn't fun. Besides that, I was excited watching Losman, it was a hell of a lot more fun than watching this garbage s***pile try to hump a football yesterday.

I always remember having fun watching during the days of Kelly, Collins, Johnson and Flutie...But I was too young to know any better (cept Kelly).

Comment

• Griff
                • Jul 2008

Week 2 was fun

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Maybe not to the haters but every week watching them is fun. The outcome not so much.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                    Next Question!
                    • Nov 2004

The good start last season was nice, but I thought it was a mirage. Too good to be true. So I didn't invest emotionally in the team.

2004 was fun, until the last game. I was really bummed out after that game, which tells me that I was pretty into the team and had hope.

2003's season opener was fun, throttling New England.

Before that, 2002 was fun for the first half of the year.

Earlier than that, it was the Wade era.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho
                      First of all, I don't know how anyone can say watching us start 4-0 wasn't fun. Besides that, I was excited watching Losman, it was a hell of a lot more fun than watching this garbage s***pile try to hump a football yesterday.

I always remember having fun watching during the days of Kelly, Collins, Johnson and Flutie...But I was too young to know any better (cept Kelly).
                      I don't know if watching Losman was fun exactly, but he certainly kept us on the edge of our seats because he only did two things: throw 80 yard bombs for touchdowns or turn the ball over. At least that got a reaction out of me. This team can't even pull that off.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        I don't know if watching Losman was fun exactly, but he certainly kept us on the edge of our seats because he only did two things: throw 80 yard bombs for touchdowns or turn the ball over. At least that got a reaction out of me. This team can't even pull that off.
                        he had his moments because he at least tried and if Trents nuts finally fall he may make those passes he made to lee last Sunday which were like the ones JP made , more often.

I'd rather he end up with an INT throwing down field than dinking and dunking that end up being a TD....for the other team.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                          I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                          • May 2005

They throw rare moments of enjoyable football in there from time to time. The destruction in KC last year was certainly fun. As a big picture, it's been a long time however...

Comment

• SABuffalo786
                            • Feb 2003

I have yet to find a Bills team to call my own the way I'll always cherish the 2005-2006 Sabres or the 2002 US World Cup team.

Pretty sad...
                            "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
                            We are the Rockpile
                            We are the Rockpile
                            BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by d1220
                              The last time it was fun was the 31-3 opener against the Pats. It has been downhill since then.
                              It was 31-0 and I agree.

Comment

Working...
                              X