PDA

View Full Version : Time not yet ripe for Jauron firing in Buffalo

patmoran2006
10-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Please read the short peice before incorrectly assuming that this good peice by Brian is any kind of desire to not have Jauron canned. (that would be writer suicide).. I didn't write it, but Brian is almost always a good (and unbiased) read.

"I’ve got to say this right at the top: I fully embraced the likelihood that I’d be writing about the inevitability of Dick Jauron being fired as head coach of the Buffalo Bills at some point this season. After perhaps the second-worst loss of Jauron’s 52-games-and-counting tenure as Bills head coach (nothing will ever top their 56-10 home loss to New England in ‘07), that likelihood has essentially become reality READ MORE (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/10/time-not-yet-ripe-for-jauron-firing-in-buffalo/)"

Mudflap1
10-05-2009, 06:33 PM
Totally agree with the article.

TigerJ
10-05-2009, 06:34 PM
Brian seems to think a lot like me. Therefore, I must conclude that he's pretty smart. LOL

don137
10-05-2009, 06:51 PM
The thing is everyone except maybe Ralph and Dick knew Dick would fail this season. Seriously, is there anyone out there that thought Dick would succeed this year and bring a playoff berth to Buffalo?

T-Long
10-05-2009, 06:55 PM
Definitely a good write-up, but the problem I have with it is: WHO CARES if it's a short term solution. It will give the fans and the team a LIFT that it needs. Of course we know that Bobby April is not going to be the new head coach if Jauron is fired (or at least I hope), but by firing Jauron gives the fans HOPE. I want it NOW. I don't want to wait for the "meeting" with the staff and Ralph and then hear a lame ass excuse again like we did this year. I want it done YESTERDAY.

Mudflap1
10-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Definitely a good write-up, but the problem I have with it is: WHO CARES if it's a short term solution. It will give the fans and the team a LIFT that it needs. Of course we know that Bobby April is not going to be the new head coach if Jauron is fired (or at least I hope), but by firing Jauron gives the fans HOPE. I want it NOW. I don't want to wait for the "meeting" with the staff and Ralph and then hear a lame ass excuse again like we did this year. I want it done YESTERDAY.

I disagree. It doesn't give the fans hope. April is the logical interim, and he'll be awful. But firing Jauron gives the fans blood, which, at this point, is about as important.

T-Long
10-05-2009, 07:05 PM
I disagree. It doesn't give the fans hope. April is the logical interim, and he'll be awful. But firing Jauron gives the fans blood, which, at this point, is about as important.
You are misunderstanding what I said. When I said hope, I meant for a new regime to come in. Not hope that Bobby April can salvage this season. We all know this season is already over with. Last time I checked, the Pats and Jets are 3-1 and look damn good.

Mudflap1
10-05-2009, 07:12 PM
You are misunderstanding what I said. When I said hope, I meant for a new regime to come in. Not hope that Bobby April can salvage this season. We all know this season is already over with. Last time I checked, the Pats and Jets are 3-1 and look damn good.

I hear ya. I guess another way to say it is this -- Jauron is going one way or another, either now, in a couple weeks, or after the season. I'm not sure there is much of a point to the firing happening now or in a couple of weeks other than to draw blood for the fans because of the simple fact that there is no hope for this season. In the future, there could be hope, depending on who is brought in to right the ship.

Man, I just feel like we've sung this song so many times already. I'm sick of it.

ddaryl
10-05-2009, 07:39 PM
we shouldn't be in this situation but the dingbat patrol gave this guy an extension so now we have to suck on it for another year...

wow can't wait for next year... again

elltrain22
10-05-2009, 07:40 PM
Great article. I really, really agree about waiting to fire b/c we wouldn't get a big name (Cowher, Shanny, Holmgren, Dungy, Gruden) until after the season. That makes alot of sense.

Jeff1220
10-05-2009, 08:07 PM
I'd fire DJ immediately, then put April or anybody as the interim HC, then fire Brandon/Modrack/Overdorf as soon as the season is over.
First step after that is to hire a true football GM from outside the organization (who will likely bring in all his own guys, eliminating the possibility of one of the current losers on staff from getting the job).
Get the new GM & coach in place rather quickly so they can get to work on evaluating the team and it's needs.
Simple plan, but somehow I can see meetings in Detroit and excessive evaluations delaying, and maybe eliminating, the steps of this process.

Forward_Lateral
10-05-2009, 08:58 PM
What would happen if they fired Dick now, and somehow April led the Bills to the playoffs?

SABuffalo786
10-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Fire him now. Let Bobby April have a crack at it. If he sucks, then he sucks. If he doesn't, then we don't have to look for a coach - just a Parcells type Director of Football Operations.

billsburgh
10-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Great article. I really, really agree about waiting to fire b/c we wouldn't get a big name (Cowher, Shanny, Holmgren, Dungy, Gruden) until after the season. That makes alot of sense.
what makes you think we would get one of the big names after the season? That's not the way Ralph Wilson operates. he wont spend the money needed to land on of those coaches. It's hopeless for this sad franchise.