PDA

View Full Version : Favre is on FIREEEEE

StuffEmDefense
10-05-2009, 09:12 PM
Regardless of how annoying, how egotistical. But he is like a little kid out there, how excited he still is at 40. He is such a competitor, He'll have 5 TDs today vs GB and 400 yds. That be great sweet revenge. GB was not innocent. They chose Rogers over Brett regardless if Brett retired. It is fine but don't block Brett from playing where he wants. After all he did for the franchise. Don't offer him 10 Million to stay retired cause you don't want bad PR. GB was not the innocent, good guys. Brett is showcasing today, he is still a gamer on those big games. Piling on last week. I was sick of him too, but man he is still fun to watch out there.

14 of 17, 154 yds, 2 TDs. Throwing some lasers out there.

PECKERWOOD
10-05-2009, 09:15 PM
I know, I put all my eggs in one basket this week in a risky move. This risky proposition did not bode well for me, senor. :scratch:

Hemlepp53
10-05-2009, 09:25 PM
HE is killing it.... I am a Farve fan... Watching game with my boy who is a die hard bears fan.. he is calling Farve "Benedict Arnold"... He's a hater... Mad he got his ass handed to him for so many years.. He loved the move when he went to the Jets... now hes back in the hood... he's up set... I love Rivalry...

LtFinFan66
10-05-2009, 09:30 PM
he had 7 seconds to make that last throw

HHURRICANE
10-05-2009, 09:31 PM
he had 7 seconds to make that last throw

That's as much time as Edwards gets in three plays.

StuffEmDefense
10-05-2009, 09:50 PM
lol Trent is jealous.

Bulldog
10-06-2009, 07:31 AM
That's as much time as Edwards gets in three plays.

Think about how many check-downs Trent could throw with that kind of time. Trent and Dick are perfect for each other. Dick coaches scared and Trent plays scared. Match made in heaven.

Bulldog
10-06-2009, 07:33 AM
Hate Favre all you want, but the guy is fun to watch. Some of those passes last night were amazing and the fact the he'll turn 40 next week makes it all the more incredible.

Ickybaluky
10-06-2009, 08:12 AM
Yeah, no matter what anyone thinks of Favre, he is playing great. He is a marvel considering his age.

There is little doubt he makes the Vikings a lot more scary than Sage Rosenfels or Tavares Jackson.

I thought Aaron Rodgers was impressive as hell as well. To play behind that patchwork OL (Jared Allen is a great player, but he was playing against scrubs) and throw for almost 400 yards is pretty amazing.

Bulldog
10-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Yeah, no matter what anyone thinks of Favre, he is playing great. He is a marvel considering his age.

There is little doubt he makes the Vikings a lot more scary than Sage Rosenfels or Tavares Jackson.

I thought Aaron Rodgers was impressive as hell as well. To play behind that patchwork OL (Jared Allen is a great player, but he was playing against scrubs) and throw for almost 400 yards is pretty amazing.

I thought Favre looked old and tired in NY last year. I honestly thought he would hang it up. But his arm looked as live as I've seen it in some time last night. Maybe it was just the adrenaline from facing his former team, but his ball had plenty of zip on it.

And I felt bad for Rodgers. Even though I wanted the Vikes and Favre to win, I couldn't help but feel a little be sorry for Rodgers. The guy took a beating all game and still hung in the pocket and made plays. You could see how bad he wanted to win that game.

P.S. I miss Winfield. To say he's playing at a high level would be the understatement of the year.

Ingtar33
10-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Rodgers getting sacked isn't the O-line's fault so much as it is that he is like Rob Johnson in the pocket.

that man has zero pocket awareness.

A quarterback with above average pocket awareness gets sacked 2 times last night. The packers line isn't great but its not that bad either.

BuffaloRanger
10-06-2009, 10:50 AM
Why is the fact "that he is like a kid out there!" all that special?

"WOW! Look how happy he is jumping around like a ******ed kid in an ice cream shop! He's so fun to watch!"

Yes Favre can be great during the season. Nobody denies that.

It's his douchebaggery EVERY OFFSEASON THAT PISSES PEOPLE OFF!!

Decide to come back or don't. Make the decision already Brett! Don't stretch it out for months.

Green Bay got sick of putting up with his crap. Like that old saying "No matter how hot the girl is, you can be sure that somebody, somewhere is tired of putting up with her crap.

Green Bay had a "younger girl almost as hot with alot less baggage."

But by all means, drop to your knees and clean Favre's Royal Penis. You know you guys want to.

StuffEmDefense
10-06-2009, 11:15 AM

"WOW! Look how happy he is jumping around like a ******ed kid in an ice cream shop! He's so fun to watch!"

Decide to come back or don't. Make the decision already Brett! Don't stretch it out for months.

Green Bay got sick of putting up with his crap. Like that old saying "No matter how hot the girl is, you can be sure that somebody, somewhere is tired of putting up with her crap.

But by all means, drop to your knees and clean Favre's Royal Penis. You know you guys want to.

That older chick's baggage wasn't too bad. Minnesota is 4-0 and could give a damn about baggage.

Bulldog
10-06-2009, 11:17 AM

I find it refreshing to see a guy play for the love of the game. It's clear from watching Favre that he enjoys playing and isn't out there only for the sake of collecting a paycheck, which is more than you can say for about 60% of the players. Call me crazy, but to see a guy who has broken every imaginable record for a QB still jump around after a big play is special.

PECKERWOOD
10-06-2009, 11:23 AM
Jared Allen is the best DE in the NFL, he was all over the field last night.

BuffaloRanger
10-06-2009, 11:37 AM
I find it refreshing to see a guy play for the love of the game. It's clear from watching Favre that he enjoys playing and isn't out there only for the sake of collecting a paycheck, which is more than you can say for about 60% of the players. Call me crazy, but to see a guy who has broken every imaginable record for a QB still jump around after a big play is special.

Did Gretzky not celebrate his big goals once he hit 600? Of course he did.

So Favre is special because he doesn't walk off the field quitely when he throws a TD?

Favre is trying to win a SuperBowl. Period. That's fine. But don't confuse that with "he's out there because he loves the game." He may love playing well for a team that is a SB contender. I'll give him that. It didn't seem like he loved playing the game when the Jets crashed and burned last year.

Personally I prefer stars that act like they have scored before. Not jumping around like a ****** after throwing a TD in the first half.

But hey I understand Favre wanted to stick it to a team that told him "no thanks" when he decided to return to the NFL 2 months after retiring. I get it.

StuffEmDefense
10-06-2009, 11:53 AM
Jared Allen is the best DE in the NFL, he was all over the field last night.

Justin Tuck, better due to his run defense besides pass rush! Allen benefits from having two monster DT's in the Williams. He still is an elite DE.

Ickybaluky
10-06-2009, 12:27 PM
Rodgers getting sacked isn't the O-line's fault so much as it is that he is like Rob Johnson in the pocket.

Rodgers was sacked 34 times last year in a full season while putting the ball up 536 times. He threw for over 4,000 yards and 28 TDs, not bad productivity for a first year starting.

This year, he is putting it up at a slightly slower pace and still putting up good numbers. However, the Packers have had injuries on the OL and have had to put in backups. He has been sacked at a far greater pace, with 20 sacks in 4 games (an 80-sack pace).

If he were Rob Johnson, he would be curled up in the fetal position already. He may take some sacks, but he produces. If his OL were better, he would likely be closer to his sack pace from last season.

Cleve
10-07-2009, 01:49 PM
But his arm looked as live as I've seen it in some time last night. Maybe it was just the adrenaline from facing his former team, but his ball had plenty of zip on it.

Hard to judge, but Brett's long passes looked a heckuva lot speedier and less wobbly than Trent Edward's. Edward's seemed kind of wobbly and slow somehow.

Couldn't Buffalo have gotten Brett Farve after last season? Of course he probably never would have signed with Buffalo given the dead wood like Mauron on the coaching roster, but it's nice to fantasize about Farve throwing to weapons like T.O. & Evans. We might have had some exciting games, and a chance of erasing our 10 year playoff drought.

JediMindPowers
10-08-2009, 12:34 AM

that man has zero pocket awareness.

A quarterback with above average pocket awareness gets sacked 2 times last night. The packers line isn't great but its not that bad either.

Rodgers and Johnson are nothing alike.

I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Ingtar33
10-08-2009, 09:13 AM
please read carefully what i wrote.

I said Rodgers has zero pocket presence... much like Rob Johnson. Not that Rodgers was a Rob Johnson clone. He's a far better QB then Johnson ever was.

Some QBs need a wall in front of them because they don't have good pocket presence. Currently Sanchez and Rodgers are both like that. Rodgers didn't get sacked so much last year for a multitude of reasons, starting with the scheme and reads the OC gave him to work with, and ending with a better line.

-i was simply commenting about the Monday night football game i watched. There were 2 sacks pretty much every QB in the league would have been sacked on, and 4 or 5 where he held the ball too long, or drifted into the sack by not feeling the pressure.