PDA

View Full Version : Jason Campbell FA in 2010

StuffEmDefense
10-05-2009, 11:35 PM
The guy hasn't been impressive in Washington. They've had like 5 difference Coordinators and awful coaches. One thing is for sure, he has one of the strongest arms in the NFL. He has a 40 to 28 TD to INT ratio over career which isn't bad. Neither is a career 80 Rating. At 27 years old, not too bad either in terms of mileage. Could be an option as starter or competition for Trent. Doubt Washington will resign him, as they will likely fire coach and draft a QB.

It allows us to focus on the Line in 1st Round of draft too. Campbell could throw Evans some bombs. Too bad, TO will be gone.

The Juice Is Loose
10-05-2009, 11:37 PM
no. its like getting rid of jp for trent. bad for bad.

StuffEmDefense
10-05-2009, 11:38 PM
He has had more success statistically as both guys combined.

clumping platelets
10-05-2009, 11:40 PM
McNabb :nod:

StuffEmDefense
10-05-2009, 11:43 PM
McNabb is older and would be too expensive for us :( Especially if we hire Grudan. Grudan does love QBs!

raphael120
10-05-2009, 11:46 PM
wow, way to set your sights high, bills fans. because jason campbell has gotten the redskins to the playoffs. pfft...

SeatownBillsFan21
10-05-2009, 11:53 PM
NO Fin way would i want this Bum

Billz_fan
10-06-2009, 12:02 AM
nope

Michael82
10-06-2009, 12:20 AM
I'd rather trade for Kevin Kolb...

Crisis
10-06-2009, 04:53 AM
i loved him at auburn...washington not so much

TacklingDummy
10-06-2009, 05:02 AM
NO, he sucks.

tampabay25690
10-06-2009, 05:46 AM
no. its like getting rid of jp for trent. bad for bad.

I think you are wrong here.
Campbell is in a situation that he needs a change of teams.
I think he would fit well in this Buffalo team.
I just think Edwards will be a good backup in this league, I like Trent but a 2nd stringer at best.

BillsRGreat
10-06-2009, 05:49 AM
Can this thread be Goat Bombed???

Pure rubbish & spam here....

X-Era
10-06-2009, 05:53 AM
The guy hasn't been impressive in Washington. They've had like 5 difference Coordinators and awful coaches. One thing is for sure, he has one of the strongest arms in the NFL. He has a 40 to 28 TD to INT ratio over career which isn't bad. Neither is a career 80 Rating. At 27 years old, not too bad either in terms of mileage. Could be an option as starter or competition for Trent. Doubt Washington will resign him, as they will likely fire coach and draft a QB.

It allows us to focus on the Line in 1st Round of draft too. Campbell could throw Evans some bombs. Too bad, TO will be gone.
Well, I knew this would happen.

The second Trent is assumed done, we move on to the assumptions that other teams scrubs can be our franchise QB.

Campbell is one name in what will be a long list.

I know people have angst about rookie QB's but guys like Flacco, Roth, Sanchez ought to make us feel a bit better about the concept.

X-Era
10-06-2009, 05:57 AM
I'd rather trade for Kevin Kolb...

Come on man, quit selling out. What has Kolb ever done?

Hell no, we should demand a franchise QB... which will have to come from the draft because we wont trade for and pay for one.

LtFinFan66
10-06-2009, 06:08 AM
Well, I knew this would happen.

The second Trent is assumed done, we move on to the assumptions that other teams scrubs can be our franchise QB.

Campbell is one name in what will be a long list.

I know people have angst about rookie QB's but guys like Flacco, Roth, Sanchez ought to make us feel a bit better about the concept.who is this Roth guy?

X-Era
10-06-2009, 06:20 AM
who is this Roth guy?

Roethlisberger went 13 and 0 as a rookie. Bad spelling, sorry.

Matt Ryan is another one.

dannyek71
10-06-2009, 06:33 AM
Don't the Redskins have a good backup. Todd Collins. Let's trade a 2nd for him.

Scumbag College
10-06-2009, 06:56 AM
If Jason Campbell can be had for cheap, he'll be on the Bills in 2010.

Jan Reimers
10-06-2009, 07:20 AM
Jason Campbell is a very average - perhaps a little less than average - NFL QB. For once, I'd like the Bills to shoot for something better than average.

DraftBoy
10-06-2009, 07:39 AM
I think Campbell has the ability to be a good NFL pro. Last year he was playing like a Pro Bowl caliber QB for half the year. Washington has destroyed his confidence and given him little to no weapons.

Jan Reimers
10-06-2009, 08:03 AM
I think Campbell has the ability to be a good NFL pro. Last year he was playing like a Pro Bowl caliber QB for half the year. Washington has destroyed his confidence and given him little to no weapons.
So, at least he would be prepared for the situation in Buffalo.

djjimkelly
10-06-2009, 08:26 AM
campbell is way worse then either of the qbs we have had recently

Mahdi
10-06-2009, 08:43 AM

No thanks. He doesn't look like he gets it either.

trapezeus
10-06-2009, 09:13 AM
this team needs an OL that can protect an average passer. We simply don't have that right now. We might have had that for week 1 and half of week 2. And our average passer did ok for himself.

If we keep going for the glory boy positions and keep passing on getting depth on the line, we are going to keep rotating through QB's. We've had bledsoe, Losman and Edwards, three very different QB's and none of them have succeeded. That must mean something.

I don't want campbell as a solution. i want more depth and more talent on the line. And i do not want modrak or any of these front office monkeys making those decisions. the team needs a change, right now in the GM and scouting positions. Let them look this team over, head to toe, and then decide if who to keep, who to draft, and who should coach.

justasportsfan
10-06-2009, 09:19 AM
we need a coach first. We could have Eli here and we'd make him look like an idiot .

trapezeus
10-06-2009, 09:25 AM
in order of needs:

1. A real scouting department
2. A GM who can work with the new scouting department and can pick
3. A real coach who knows his players and implements a system that works for them instead of only knowing one system and jamming players who don't fit into that system
4. OL depth - the starters we have could be good...but we need more adequate depth and should be willing to pay for that. A good line can make average QB's superbowl champs.
5. DL/LB depth and starters - next year, our good guys are getting older, our young guys are unproven. The LB core is depleted. If this group of 7 can get better, we have more than enough depth in the secondary. We need pressure
6. WR/QB - Owens is gone, Evans is useless, Reed and Parrish will be gone. So are you excited for Evans, hardy, Johnson next year? And you could be, but it'd be more exciting if we had a QB who could get it to them.
7 TE - Nelson looks to be coming along and schouman wasn't bad, but fine is certainly just a blocker and we have 0 depth once an injury happens.
8. Kicker - Lindell sucks. He's always sucked and we need to finally get a guy who feel comfortable kicking between 40-49 yards.

BuffaloRanger
10-06-2009, 11:15 AM
Just like the president if we criticized Campbell we would be racist.

DraftBoy
10-06-2009, 11:35 AM
So, at least he would be prepared for the situation in Buffalo.

I think he'd be much better, at the halfway point last year Campbell was;
152-273, 56%, 1754 yards, 8 TD, and 0 INT

Heck even with his downturn he still finished;
315-605, 62.5%, 3,245 yards, 13 TD, 6 INT and was sacked 38 times

He's not going to single handidly win you a game but he doesnt make stupid mistakes and he throws the ball well.

justasportsfan
10-06-2009, 11:40 AM
where did I read this before. Oh yeah, replace name with Trent and team with Buffalo.

We need a coach first.

DraftBoy
10-06-2009, 11:54 AM
where did I read this before. Oh yeah, replace name with Trent and team with Buffalo.

We need a coach first.

Coach won't be any good if we don't have players on the field who can execute.

We need a GM first, then a coach, then a roster overhaul. In that order.

PECKERWOOD
10-06-2009, 12:01 PM
To backup Trent, maybe.. I wouldn't mind him as our 3rd string QB.

TheBrownBear
10-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Well, Campbell would certainly be an upgrade. He's shown more than JP and Trent combined. I wouldn't be satisfied with him as the longterm solution. Bring him in to QB for two years while you groom your franchise signal-caller.

scartown
10-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Jake Locker future Bill.

Demon
10-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Jake Locker future Bill.

No thanks.

Stewie
10-06-2009, 09:57 PM
jason campbell sucks. Pro bowl level? Please. maybe in the box scores. He sucks, always sucked, sucked at auburn. how hard is it to hand off to ronnie brown and cadillac williams all the time?

maybe if the NFL allows us to play with fourteen guys on offense. Then we can afford to play jason campbell.

Did I mention he's freaking terrible? I mean, they just lost to the lions and someone starts a thread to sign jason campbell? really?

are we talking about washington redskins qb jason campbell? I think this jason campbell might be a better fit http://www.google.com/profiles/jgrantcampbell at least my jason campbell probably has real long arms and legs like all his people, he could get tackled at the 40 and still score a touchdown, from the looks of it. I know I know thats probably racist, but it's also true!

really? jason campbell? why don't we just resign darryl talley for qb so we can watch him tweet and pound big macs on the field. at least that will be entertaining.

DrGraves
10-06-2009, 10:19 PM
really, campbell? do you really want us to suck forever?

PECKERWOOD
10-06-2009, 10:24 PM

JP Losman anybody????????

OpIv37
10-06-2009, 10:44 PM
I live in the DC area so I get bombarded with coverage and opinions of Campbell.

The guy sucks. The team tried to get both Sanchez and Cutler in the off-season. Snyder stopped believing in him at least a year ago and none of the fans think he has it either.

We do need a QB but Campbell is not the answer.

Hemlepp53
10-06-2009, 10:49 PM
We dont need Campbell.... We need a Solid Productive Draft Class. We need 3 - 4 starters from this draft and that shouldnt be hard from what they have been showing this season.

X-Era
10-07-2009, 06:03 AM
No thanks.

Your reasoning?

Demon
10-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Your reasoning?

He's unproven.

He hasn't had a great college career. This season, he has, under a very good system under offensive guru Steve Sarkisian. He plays in the Pac-10, so you know he'll get his yards as it's a passing conference. He didn't play all that well against LSU or USC, despite having the massive upset over USC. His huge drive late in the game, is main reason why his stock is so high right now. I'm not one to fall in love with 2 minutes of a players career.

He has unlimited passing options and is good on his feet, which i will give him that credit. In the NFL, he'll never have as many options as he does now.

Since most good teams in that conference have so many recieving threats and because all teams love to pass, imo it's why so many of it's QB's dominate college yet can't cut it in the NFL because they have less options.

Marques Tuiasosopo..... Ryan Leaf...... John David Booty..... Joey Harrington.... Chad McNown...... Derek Anderson and our very own Trent Edwards, who if i recall also beat USC like Locker did.