PDA

View Full Version : Dick Jauron has a four percent approval rating.

sdbillsfan2
10-05-2009, 12:42 PM
October 5, 2009 1:29 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham

This might be some sort of record.

In early balloting Monday afternoon, Buffalo Bills coach Dick Jauron is pulling down a four percent in the latest ESPN SportsNation head coach approval ratings (http://espn.go.com/NFL/sportsnation/ratings).

That's dead last in the NFL and the worst number in the two years SportsNation has conducted the polls.

Four percent.

Genghis Khan wasn't that despised. Idi Amin was embraced more by his people. Spencer Pratt is adored by comparison.

Four percent.

Jauron's rating is 20 points lower than when Richard Nixon left office.

Bills fans loathed the guy last year, but his lowest rating for 2008 was eight percent. So he was twice as popular then.

The Bills were manhandled 38-10 by the winless Miami Dolphins on Sunday. Dolphins coach Tony Sparano, a darling last year, so far has skyrocketed from 43 percent to 75 percent with the victory.

TacklingDummy
10-05-2009, 12:43 PM
To be fair he's in a no win situation. Have you seen the Bills play? No coach could turn that bunch into winners.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
10-05-2009, 12:44 PM
That is strange, when I voted this weekend it was 3%.

ddaryl
10-05-2009, 12:49 PM
To be fair he's in a no win situation. Have you seen the Bills play? No coach could turn that bunch into winners.

BULL****

a coach who can actually motivate and put together a plan could do a heluva alot better.

I can't believe you honestly believe that crap... and who do you think OK'd some of the moves made before the season began.. ???

Billz_fan
10-05-2009, 12:50 PM
I just voted, Lets get this thing to ZERO people go vote :D

Canadian'eh!
10-05-2009, 12:51 PM
That is strange, when I voted this weekend it was 3%.

I'm thinking a few AFC East teams fans voted about 4% of the time.

TacklingDummy
10-05-2009, 12:53 PM
a coach who can actually motivate and put together a plan could do a heluva alot better.

Players still need to perform on the field. No coach can throw the ball for them.

How come Bellicheck never won in Cleveland if he's so great of a coach?

Canadian'eh!
10-05-2009, 12:53 PM
BULL****

I can't believe you honestly believe that crap... and who do you think OK'd some of the moves made before the season began.. ???

AGREE.

There IS talent on this team.

Jackson, Lynch, TO, Evans, Nelson, The interior OL. The DL, The CB's....

Hell I still think Trent can be a GOOD QB.

But they ALL need to play in a REAL system. Scrap the garbage no huddle. Scrap this HORRIFIC Cover-2. Get ina some REAL coaches who can realize who is killing us, scout some free agents, and actually get a team ready... and this could be a WINNING team.

NorthCarBills
10-05-2009, 12:55 PM
I just voted, Lets get this thing to ZERO people go vote :D

Just cast my vote. Probably wont matter but hey these types of things are all that we have to show our disgust!

The 4% must be part of Dick's "friends and family" network.

Pinkerton Security
10-05-2009, 12:59 PM
Players still need to perform on the field. No coach can throw the ball for them.

this is just another case of you going against what everyone else is saying...

do we have a ton of talent? no, especially with all the injuries we are facing. but jauron is not the answer, and never has been. he is not a winning coach and cant be superior teams

TacklingDummy
10-05-2009, 01:08 PM
this is just another case of you going against what everyone else is saying...

do we have a ton of talent? no, especially with all the injuries we are facing. but jauron is not the answer, and never has been. he is not a winning coach and cant be superior teams

Don't get me wrong, Dick should have never of been hired in the first place, he needs to go soon. But he's only the coach, football games are won/lost on the field and that's on the players/GM.

TacklingDummy
10-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Is it Dick's fault Edwards over throws a wide open TO?

Is it Dick's fault Bell, Chambers both blow?

Is it Dick's fault we are starting 2 rookies and 5 new o-linemen from last year?

Is it Dick's fault Whitner blows?

Is it Dick's fault McKelvin took the ball out of the endzone or that he got hurt?

Is it Dick's fault the Lynch is a thug and was suspended for 3 games?

Is it Dick's fault that Edwards blows?

Is it Dicks fault that Mitchell is blows?

Is it Dick's fault we picked the busts Whitner/Poz?

Is it Dicks fault the Bills weren't bad enough to be able to draft Patrick Willis instead of Lynch?

etc....

I blame the GM and the players on the field. Dick has his share of the blame but we would be running Cowher out of town if he was here the past 10 years.

Pinkerton Security
10-05-2009, 01:42 PM
Don't get me wrong, Dick should have never of been hired in the first place, he needs to go soon. But he's only the coach, football games are won/lost on the field and that's on the players/GM.

it appears we wont agree on this but id say the coach has just as much of an effect on the game as the players...

with the talent they have in Dallas, why arent they playing better? With the talent SD has, why havent they been a true juggernaut the past few years?

coaching.

TacklingDummy
10-05-2009, 02:34 PM
with the talent they have in Dallas, why arent they playing better? Romo blows. Choker.

With the talent SD has, why havent they been a true juggernaut the past few years?

3 years in a row and 4 out of the past 5 years they have made the playoffs. That pretty damn good.

Pinkerton Security
10-05-2009, 02:37 PM
Romo blows. Choker.

3 years in a row and 4 out of the past 5 years they have made the playoffs. That pretty damn good.

yes, romo does blow games but most people will agree that they have under-performed.

and san diego plays in arguably the worst division in football.

again, we wont agree on this but coaching does play a pretty good sized role in how well a team performs.

historypete
10-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Ralph needs to start acting like a bulimic and purge this organization. It would be nice if he were to start with himself by selling the team, but that isn't going to happen. The next best thing is to start tossing everyone out.

Who cares if it won't help save the season, we're doomed with the current staff and F.O. anyway so might as well just get the house cleaning started early.

don137
10-05-2009, 03:34 PM

I would agree for you if this was Jauron's first year however he has had too much influence on the personnel to not be a direct reason why this team sucks so bad. Plus, I feel this team is better than it plays.

trapezeus
10-05-2009, 03:36 PM
i had no idea that Jauron had such a large family that could put up 4% on the poll.

Joe Fo Sho
10-05-2009, 03:36 PM

No.

Yes, he chose to start them.

Is it Dick's fault we are starting 2 rookies and 5 new o-linemen from last year?

Yes, he drafted them.

Yes, he drafted him.

Is it Dick's fault McKelvin took the ball out of the endzone or that he got hurt?

Eh.

I guess not.

It's his fault Edwards is starting.

He signed him.

He drafted them.

Is it Dicks fault the Bills weren't bad enough to be able to draft Patrick Willis instead of Lynch?

K, I guess he should've done a worse job the year before, if that's even possible.

etc....

I blame the GM and the players on the field. Dick has his share of the blame but we would be running Cowher out of town if he was here the past 10 years.

Joe Fo Sho
10-05-2009, 03:38 PM

Billicheck didn't cheat when he was in Cleveland, and he did cheat when he was winning championships. I think that the big difference here is that fact that he cheated. When you cheat, it's easier for you to win games. This is the exact reason that the NFL does not allow for cheating.

Dr. Lecter
10-05-2009, 03:43 PM
Lt has not been on much today. I bet he has voted about 500 times.

TacklingDummy
10-05-2009, 03:57 PM
I think you are confusing Dick with the GM.

LtFinFan66
10-05-2009, 05:32 PM
October 5, 2009 1:29 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham

This might be some sort of record.

In early balloting Monday afternoon, Buffalo Bills coach Dick Jauron is pulling down a four percent in the latest ESPN SportsNation head coach approval ratings (http://espn.go.com/NFL/sportsnation/ratings).

That's dead last in the NFL and the worst number in the two years SportsNation has conducted the polls.

Four percent.

Genghis Khan wasn't that despised. Idi Amin was embraced more by his people. Spencer Pratt is adored by comparison.

Four percent.

Jauron's rating is 20 points lower than when Richard Nixon left office.

Bills fans loathed the guy last year, but his lowest rating for 2008 was eight percent. So he was twice as popular then.

The Bills were manhandled 38-10 by the winless Miami Dolphins on Sunday. Dolphins coach Tony Sparano, a darling last year, so far has skyrocketed from 43 percent to 75 percent with the victory.I am part of that 4%

Nighthawk
10-05-2009, 05:44 PM

I disagree...I good coach would have been prepared for injuries to happen and have quality backups to put in. Also, a good coach can make players better...

Nighthawk
10-05-2009, 05:44 PM
I am part of that 4%

Who cares?

LtFinFan66
10-05-2009, 05:50 PM
Lt has not been on much today. I bet he has voted about 500 times.nope, only once so far

LtFinFan66
10-05-2009, 05:50 PM
Who cares?clearly you do since you took the time to comment. FAIL (again)

Nighthawk
10-05-2009, 05:54 PM
clearly you do since you took the time to comment. FAIL (again)

Ha, ha..you're amusing.

BillsWin
10-06-2009, 12:25 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/4204/jaurons-approval-rating-a-comical-4-percent

What a :censored: loser.

LtFinFan66
10-06-2009, 12:27 AM
been covered already sir...maybe two prior threads about it

BillsWin
10-06-2009, 12:27 AM
been covered already sir...maybe two prior threads about it

my mistake.

LtFinFan66
10-06-2009, 12:28 AM
no problem....merging now

Lone Stranger
10-06-2009, 11:40 AM
If the players and his family did not vote his approval rate would be 0. I know of no one who likes the guy. But what difference does it make. Ralph is incapable of making a coherent decision.

BuffaloRanger
10-06-2009, 11:43 AM

etc....

Well we now know who's part of the 4%...

BuffaloRanger
10-06-2009, 11:52 AM
It's often said that a team takes on the personality of their coach. There are many examples of this. Pats, Steelers, Jets, Bills.

The Bills plays soft, afraid to lose, football. They get that from Jauron.

What do you think Jauron's speech to the team at halftime of the Miami game was?

I'll bet he only talked to Fewell, April, and VP and told them to tell their guys to try to play better.

Seriously does Dick strike you as a coach that fires his players up? Does he put his players in the best position to be successful? Hardly.

It is easier to coach a team with great players. But a great or even good coach gets the most out of the players he has. And the Bills "stars" have certainly regressed over the last 2 seasons.

doomsdayvirus
10-06-2009, 12:08 PM
if you fire dick jauron now, who do you realistically get to replace him mid-season?

you know jauron won't bring in a shanahan or cowher, and you can't really throw van pelt into that mess that quick, can you?

Mike13
10-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Its down to 3 now.

BADTHINGSMAN
10-06-2009, 12:36 PM

etc....

You forgot: Is it Dicks fault T.O. cant catch the damn ball?

I agree with you, Jauron should be gone, and the players need to play. I really think Jaurons lazyness has gone right to the players however.

BADTHINGSMAN
10-06-2009, 12:38 PM
if you fire dick jauron now, who do you realistically get to replace him mid-season?

you know jauron won't bring in a shanahan or cowher, and you can't really throw van pelt into that mess that quick, can you?

Let Bobby April take over the HC job. He cant do much worst then Jauron has been doing. Out of 3 cordinators April is the best bet.

psubills62
10-06-2009, 12:40 PM
I continue to maintain that Jauron inspires a psychology of losing. If he isn't passionate about winning, why should the players be?

The guy who has the right attitude about the game continues to be Mike Tomlin, in my opinion. How do you think he would have reacted after the Week 1 loss, or the shellacking we just got in Week 4? This guy would be pissed and the players would know about it very quickly afterwards.

No, Jauron isn't entirely responsible for the execution. But he has responsibility for the gameplans, as well as the preparation. I have a hard time believing things are all hunky-dorey in practice but then somehow nothing ever goes right on the field. The gameplans against the 3-4 defense continue to be horrible. Players such as Losman and Edwards seem to regress after promising years. That should also be on Jauron and the coaches.

It's not like this team has a wonderful gameplan, but fails to execute it. The gameplan and execution both suck. Jauron does not put these players in a position to win, period.

BADTHINGSMAN
10-06-2009, 12:42 PM
I continue to maintain that Jauron inspires a psychology of losing. If he isn't passionate about winning, why should the players be?

The guy who has the right attitude about the game continues to be Mike Tomlin, in my opinion. How do you think he would have reacted after the Week 1 loss, or the shellacking we just got in Week 4? This guy would be pissed and the players would know about it very quickly afterwards.

No, Jauron isn't entirely responsible for the execution. But he has responsibility for the gameplans, as well as the preparation. I have a hard time believing things are all hunky-dorey in practice but then somehow nothing ever goes right on the field. The gameplans against the 3-4 defense continue to be horrible. Players such as Losman and Edwards seem to regress after promising years. That should also be on Jauron and the coaches.

It's not like this team has a wonderful gameplan, but fails to execute it. The gameplan and execution both suck. Jauron does not put these players in a position to win, period.

Well said.

paladin warrior
10-06-2009, 12:51 PM
:roflmao: 4% that worse Dick J. I hope Ralph read from web site.:shoothead: <-Dick.J it time to go :father:

Cntrygal
10-06-2009, 01:38 PM
It's THAT high?

Dr. Lecter
10-06-2009, 01:40 PM
It's THAT high?

The people who voted for his approval are that high.

ddaryl
10-06-2009, 01:52 PM
The people who voted for his approval are that high.

c'mon you're giving people who get a high a bad rap. even stoners know dick is bad. I say that 4% is friends family, and those who just hit the 1st button on the ballot box

sdbillsfan2
10-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Update:

As of 12 noon PST. Ralph's boy has dropped in the ratings . Our illustrious leader is now sitting at a 3% approval rating.

For those who haven't voted,,please do so.. let's send a strong message to RW.. Dick MUST go!

Billz_fan
10-06-2009, 02:26 PM
We have also voted more times than anyone :up:

M
10-06-2009, 02:27 PM
I just voted (again). It's still sitting at 3%. Not sure who the hell is voting that yes, he is doing a good job. :mad:

Billz_fan
10-06-2009, 02:30 PM
I just voted (again). It's still sitting at 3%. Not sure who the hell is voting that yes, he is doing a good job. :mad:

It's our resident phin fans :laughter:

DynaPaul
10-06-2009, 02:31 PM
The 4% happen to be his family and friends.

NorthCarBills
10-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Sorry if this has been posted but on ESPN News, they are about to talk about Jauron's approval rating. The promo just flashed about 2 mins ago (8:40 pm ET).