PDA

View Full Version : D and S Sports Week 4 Power Rankings

BlackMetalNinja
10-06-2009, 07:28 AM
http://www.dandssports.com/2009/10/nfl-power-rankings-week-four.html

1. New York Giants (1) – Another win against a team they should beat. The Giants better hope Eli's foot feels better soon because they have a huge game in two weeks.

2. New Orleans Saints (3) – Do you know what the scariest thing about the Saints is right now? They have won the last two games without any passing touchdowns from Drew Brees. So basically while everybody was scared to death about their high flying offense, the Saints proved their defense was good enough to carry them. That is pretty impressive.

3. Indianapolis Colts (4) – The Colts completely http://theredzonereport.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/pierre-garcon.jpg (http://theredzonereport.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/pierre-garcon.jpg)dominated the Seahawks, although I would've been shocked had it gone any other way. When you're lining up against a team starting Seneca Wallace, that is like being spotted a 10-0 lead before the opening kickoff.

yordad
10-06-2009, 07:32 AM
I cannot agree with any kind of logic that has Detroit that high. Seriously, above the Bills?

Pinkerton Security
10-06-2009, 07:39 AM
Id put the Saints before Giants, I think the Saints have shown to be the most well-rounded team in the NFL so far, at least with consistency.

RockStar36
10-06-2009, 09:19 AM
I cannot agree with any kind of logic that has Detroit that high. Seriously, above the Bills?

Have you seen the Bills? I had to fight with myself to not put them at 32 this week.

RockStar36
10-06-2009, 09:19 AM
Id put the Saints before Giants, I think the Saints have shown to be the most well-rounded team in the NFL so far, at least with consistency.

The top spot is up for grabs in 2 weeks.

Jan Reimers
10-06-2009, 09:22 AM
Have you seen the Bills? I had to fight with myself to not put them at 32 this week.
Yeah, it's hard to believe that there are 5 teams worse than the Bills. I really feel sorry for their fans.

BlackMetalNinja
10-06-2009, 09:44 AM
I cannot agree with any kind of logic that has Detroit that high. Seriously, above the Bills?I'm willing to bet they'd give us all their worth if we were to play them head to head. If Cleveland plays like they did last week, they'll beat us on Sunday and we'll really have no excuse to be above anybody except Tampa, St. Louis, and maybe Oakland.

Mike13
10-06-2009, 10:01 AM
The Lions actually hung in there with the Bears for a while.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-06-2009, 10:04 AM
what doess it say about the bills that when sports writers talk about their ranking and dont actually talk about the bills but rather talk about Pizza and Wings?

LtFinFan66
10-06-2009, 10:06 AM
I like how you guys completely ignored speaking about the Bills and only talked about some wing dude

cocamide
10-06-2009, 11:50 AM
Calvin Johnson would rack up 300 yards against us. Detroit is better.

DMBcrew36
10-06-2009, 11:52 AM
I like how you guys completely ignored speaking about the Bills and only talked about some wing dude

That wing dude is a f*g... that commercial makes me mad

StuffEmDefense
10-06-2009, 12:00 PM
1. New Orleans
2. Minnesota
3. NY Giants
4. Indianapolis
5. NY Jets

yordad
10-06-2009, 12:23 PM
I'm willing to bet they'd give us all their worth if we were to play them head to head. If Cleveland plays like they did last week, they'll beat us on Sunday and we'll really have no excuse to be above anybody except Tampa, St. Louis, and maybe Oakland.As far as I know the Lions play a 4-3, which equals a Bills win. Cleveland plays a 3-4 which equals a loss.

Seriously, I think if you check the Bills have beaten one 3-4 in the past 1.25 years, and they are like seriously unbeaten vs 4-3 during that span.

I am at work though, so I cannot look it up right now.

RockStar36
10-06-2009, 12:25 PM

It's not "you guys", it's me.

And I did it on purpose. For me to write about the Bills right now and what I honestly feel, it probably would've been a 20 page rant about how inept this organization is from top to bottom, so yes, I turned it into a joke about the wing king and him selling out for Pizza Hut.

ddaryl
10-06-2009, 12:26 PM
with the injuries and our dismal play against the woeful Dolphins

yeah Detorit is definitely ahead of us...

yordad
10-06-2009, 12:39 PM
with the injuries and our dismal play against the woeful Dolphins

yeah Detorit is definitely ahead of us...I don't understand why Detroit winning it's first game out of the last 20 at home vs a crappy team is somehow more impressive then the Bills beating a crappy team, then losing on the road to the reigning division champs.

The Lions are 1 for their last 20 people. Don't let reverse homerism get you down. This sounds like a Steve Tasker article where is he overcompensating trying to convince everyone he isn't bias toward the Bills so he just keeps bashing them.

It's just my opinion though man.

I am very confident the Bills would beat them head to head.

BlackMetalNinja
10-06-2009, 12:47 PM
I don't understand why Detroit winning it's first game out of the last 20 at home vs a crappy team is somehow more impressive then the Bills beating a crappy team, then losing on the road to the reigning division champs.

The Lions are 1 for their last 20 people. Don't let reverse homerism get you down. This sounds like a Steve Tasker article where is he overcompensating trying to convince everyone he isn't bias toward the Bills so he just keeps bashing them.

I am very confident the Bills would beat them head to head.Devin also got a ton of crap last week for having the Dolphins above the Bills in the rankings despite their records, and how did that turn out? You're more than entitled to your opinion, and glad you have some optimism remaining towards the team, but last week has been the breaking point for many of us.

psubills62
10-06-2009, 12:48 PM
The Lions actually hung in there with the Bears for a while.

The Bills "hung in there" with the Saints and Pats, too.

yordad
10-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Calvin Johnson would rack up 300 yards against us. Detroit is better.I am pretty sure Ellis Langster wouldn't cover him, and the Bills would play at least some starters if they play in the regular season.

Again, the Bills look like a better then average team when they play the 4-3.

yordad
10-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Devin also got a ton of crap last week for having the Dolphins above the Bills in the rankings despite their records, and how did that turn out? You're more than entitled to your opinion, and glad you have some optimism remaining towards the team, but last week has been the breaking point for many of us.Well, I am not all too optimistic. Heck, I think they will likely lose to the Browns (because they cannot score vs a 3-4). I just think they are better then the Lions, and would beat them heads up.

RockStar36
10-06-2009, 01:07 PM
I don't understand why Detroit winning it's first game out of the last 20 at home vs a crappy team is somehow more impressive then the Bills beating a crappy team, then losing on the road to the reigning division champs.

I am very confident the Bills would beat them head to head.

Hey, everybody is entitled to their opinion and I definitely like feedback on stuff I write.

I'm not basing this on what happened last year or in the last 20 games though. What I saw from the Bills this past Sunday was pathetic. What I saw against the Saints (aside from the defense) was pathetic.

The Bills are a bad team. I think if they played on a neutral field right now, the Lions would probably win.

SeatownBillsFan21
10-06-2009, 01:07 PM
They are on the rise...we... well. were not. that's way

RockStar36
10-06-2009, 01:10 PM
The National Football Post's rankings came out this afternoon and also has Detroit ahead of Buffalo.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/The-NFP-Power-Rankings-6615.html

BlackMetalNinja
10-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Well, I am not all too optimistic. Heck, I think they will likely lose to the Browns (because they cannot score vs a 3-4). I just think they are better then the Lions, and would beat them heads up.Trivializing the Bills problems all the way down to what type of defense they play is silly. Yes, there is some sort of truth to what you say there, but it's far from the only problem going on.

yordad
10-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Trivializing the Bills problems all the way down to what type of defense they play is silly. Yes, there is some sort of truth to what you say there, but it's far from the only problem going on. The Bills have averaged like 32 points a game vs 4-3 defenses since the beginning of '08 and have a 7-0 record vs this defense.

The Bills are 1-12 vs the 4-3 defense during that time and have score like an average of 10 points against that defense.

To my knowledge the Lions run a 4-3. I think the Bills would spank them, just like every other 4-3 team.

This is not a coincidence. It is why teams like the Saints played a 3-4 vs the Bills when they are a base 4-3 team.

BlackMetalNinja
10-06-2009, 01:24 PM
The Bills have averaged like 32 points a game vs 4-3 defenses since the beginning of '08 and have a 7-0 record vs this defense.

The Bills are 1-12 vs the 4-3 defense during that time and have score like an average of 10 points against that defense.

To my knowledge the Lions run a 4-3. I think the Bills would spank them, just like every other 4-3 team.

This is not a coincidence. It is why teams like the Saints played a 3-4 vs the Bills when they are a base 4-3 team.Did you ever stop and think that maybe the teams that are a 3-4 defense are also better teams? Take a look around the league and see which teams play what, I think you'll find a pretty clear line in the process.

RockStar36
10-06-2009, 01:29 PM
The Bills have averaged like 32 points a game vs 4-3 defenses since the beginning of '08 and have a 7-0 record vs this defense.

This is not a coincidence. It is why teams like the Saints played a 3-4 vs the Bills when they are a base 4-3 team.

:rofl:

This is great.

At this point it's so bad for Buffalo fans that we argue over whether or not they would beat the Lions because the Lions run a 4-3.

Do you think New England fans have these types of debates?

yordad
10-06-2009, 01:32 PM
Did you ever stop and think that maybe the teams that are a 3-4 defense are also better teams? Take a look around the league and see which teams play what, I think you'll find a pretty clear line in the process.Are you saying the 3-4 makes them good? Or are you saying because they are good, they switch to a 3-4? Neither argument changes the fact that the Lions play a 4-3 and the Bills have been lighting it up for 1.25 years now. And, if that is the case, why the Bills/Edwards look soooo inept vs the Browns last year? How about vs San fran?

Now, I don't know how one would incorporate this info into a power ranking. I mean, you can't really do to much head to head stuff because at some point it would become impossible.

What I am saying is that the Bills are not as bad as they looked last week vs the 3-4. Just like they aren't as good a 4-3 teams make them look. IMO, they are somewhere in the middle of the lower half of the league. Somewhere around 22ish, so not so good. But, somewhere ahead of the Lions.

The Lions have won one friggin game at home vs a bad team. One in the past 20 games.

All I know is, it this info really helps when I am deciding on who to bet on.

yordad
10-06-2009, 01:34 PM
:rofl:

This is great.

At this point it's so bad for Buffalo fans that we argue over whether or not they would beat the Lions because the Lions run a 4-3.

Do you think New England fans have these types of debates?The Pats? Why, has their coach and QB showed the complete inability to score or get first downs against a particular defense? Or, are do they not have this problem?

yordad
10-06-2009, 01:38 PM
BTW, I predicted the Bills to lose to the Dolphins 13-27, and it was my prediction almost entirely based on the fact they play a 3-4. I'm not after a pat on the back, I am just saying this is not a coincidence, and it isn't something I just made up. Heck, I wrote an article at the close of last year that looked into it in more depth, if I recall correctly.

The difference is huge. It is not a coincidence, and IMO, it was the biggest reason the Bills can't win a division game.

Sorry, I feel like I'm hijacking this thread now. I am done, I think.

RockStar36
10-06-2009, 01:58 PM
Are you saying the 3-4 makes them good? Or are you saying because they are good, they switch to a 3-4? Neither argument changes the fact that the Lions play a 4-3 and the Bills have been lighting it up for 1.25 years now. And, if that is the case, why the Bills/Edwards look soooo inept vs the Browns last year? How about vs San fran?

Now, I don't know how one would incorporate this info into a power ranking. I mean, you can't really do to much head to head stuff because at some point it would become impossible.

What I am saying is that the Bills are not as bad as they looked last week vs the 3-4. Just like they aren't as good a 4-3 teams make them look. IMO, they are somewhere in the middle of the lower half of the league. Somewhere around 22ish, so not so good. But, somewhere ahead of the Lions.

The Lions have won one friggin game at home vs a bad team. One in the past 20 games.

All I know is, it this info really helps when I am deciding on who to bet on.

You keep bringing this up.

The Bills have also only won one game at home against a bad team.

Last years mean absolutely nothing to me in terms of power rankings. It is how the teams stack up right this second.

As it stands, the Bills and Lions are pretty even. I know, it's sad to think about, but it's true.