PDA

View Full Version : Sullivan's best article ever: Bills should start by going back in huddle

HHURRICANE
10-06-2009, 08:32 AM
Sullivan just gave us 10 things that should happen and it's awesome. Couldn't agree more!! Please read it!!

http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns/jerrysullivan/story/819054.html

justasportsfan
10-06-2009, 08:52 AM
they should huddle so the players can tell him to stop being a Nancy and freaking throw the ball.

psubills62
10-06-2009, 08:56 AM
I agree with everything Sullivan said, except for this line:

"Last spring they told us Walker was a better pass blocker than Jason Peters."

No one said anything of the sort. It was obviously a move motivated by two things: 1) money and 2) team chemistry. It wasn't worth it to see whether or not Peters would show up in training camp. To my recollection, nobody, especially no one within the organization, said that Walker was a better pass blocker than Peters.

trapezeus
10-06-2009, 09:01 AM
sad state of affairs when a op/ed journalist has better ideas than our current coaching staff, no?

bigbub2352
10-06-2009, 10:16 AM
Sully is spot on as usual with this team
Got to say he at least has the balls to constantly call this joke of a team out

BuffaloRanger
10-06-2009, 11:04 AM
I agree with everything Sullivan said, except for this line:

"Last spring they told us Walker was a better pass blocker than Jason Peters."

No one said anything of the sort. It was obviously a move motivated by two things: 1) money and 2) team chemistry. It wasn't worth it to see whether or not Peters would show up in training camp. To my recollection, nobody, especially no one within the organization, said that Walker was a better pass blocker than Peters.

The Bills may never have said Walker was better then Peters. What the Bills said was they were very confident that Walker would do well at LT. That there wouldn't be a major falloff.

They publicly stated it when they traded Peters. Most thought it was just lip service. "The Bills have to say that! They'll surely draft a LT." we all thought.

They publicly stated it again when they failed to draft a OT (How's Maybin working out?) and were slammed by the national media. "We are very confident with the Oline we have under contract." they said. Again most fans thought "The Bills have to say that! They'll surely sign a LT in Free Agency." we all thought.

The Bills FO and coaches publicly stated that they were confident in the Bills Oline when they failed to sign a LT in FA. "Langston Walker is out LT." they stated. "Maybe he really isn't that bad at LT" we began to think.

Fianlly the Bills FO and coaches publicly stated that they were confident in the Bills Oline when they surprisingly cut the versatile backup Chambers.

THEN THEY CUT WALKER REPLACING HIM WITH CHAMBERS AND LEAVING BOTH TACKLE POSTIONS VERY THIN ON TALENT.

Just to review. The Bills traded/cut their starting OTs from last year. Replacing them with an injury prone 7th rd pick that never played a regular season NFL game snap, and the previous season's RG. For depth they had Chambers who cleared waivers and Scott who was cut by the 0-16 Lions. To back that up they signed a OT from the Packers practice squad who the Packers with all their Oline problems didn't even try to keep.

Is that anyway to run a team?

Stoneludlow
10-06-2009, 11:06 AM
sad state of affairs when a op/ed journalist has better ideas than our current coaching staff, no?

Make Sully Jauron's replacement then!! :limpclap:

psubills62
10-06-2009, 11:13 AM
What the Bills said was they were very confident that Walker would do well at LT. That there wouldn't be a major falloff.

They said it when they traded Peters. Most thought it was just lip service. "The Bills have to say that! They'll surely draft a LT." we all thought.

They said it again when they failed to draft a OT (How's Maybin working out?) and were slammed by the national media. "We are very confident with the Oline we have under contract." they said. Again most fans thought "The Bills have to say that! They'll surely sign a LT in Free Agency." we all thought.

The Bills FO and coaches said they were confident in the Bills Oline when they failed to sign a LT in FA. "Langston Walker is out LT." they stated. "Maybe he really isn't that bad at LT" we began to think.

The Bills FO and coaches said they were confident in the Bills Oline when they surprisingly cut the versatile backup Chambers.

THEN THEY CUT WALKER REPLACING HIM WITH CHAMBERS AND LEAVING BOTH TACKLE POSTIONS VERY THIN ON TALENT.

Just to review. The Bills traded/cut their starting OTs from last year. Replacing them with an injury prone 7th rd pick that never played a regular season NFL game snap, and the previous season's RG. For depth they had Chambers who cleared waivers and Scott who was cut by the 0-16 Lions. To back that up they signed a OT from the Packers practice squad who the Packers with all their Oline problems didn't even try to keep.

Is that anyway to run a team?

What the heck? Before you get all pissy at me, when did I ever say I agreed with the moves the Bills made? I was all for getting an LT in the draft. And honestly, I don't remember any good LT's available in FA. There usually aren't any, because most teams re-sign them.

Like I said...no one was saying Walker was a better pass blocker than Peters. All the vibes coming out of OBD were that they thought he was "good enough" to play at LT, not that he was better than Peters.

Oh, and they didn't replace Walker with Chambers, they replaced him with Bell. Scott has played decently for being a backup. Yes, Chambers sucks, but what do you expect from the tackle that's 4th on the depth chart?

I personally think the line was playing well before Butler and Bell went down.