PDA

View Full Version : Is Jim Kelly Getting More Involved With This Team?

mchurchfie
10-06-2009, 09:05 AM
Thurman eluded to it yesterday on the Schoop Show and they were talking about it today on WGR. They think Jimbo has something in the works. Thurman acted like he knew something but couldn't reveal it. He truly would be our best chance at influencing Ralph Wilson. I'm thinking there are going to be some big changes when this thing finally goes down and he is going to be right in the middle of it all.:pray:

trapezeus
10-06-2009, 09:14 AM
if jim kelly can come through and save this team from its self and from moving, that's bigger than winning any of those 4 superbowls in my mind.

Jan Reimers
10-06-2009, 09:15 AM
I hope Kelly is lining up a serious group of investors to keep this team in Buffalo, and positioning himself to become involved on the football side of the business.

justasportsfan
10-06-2009, 09:17 AM
I think Kelly is planning to come in and play qb.

Commissioner
10-06-2009, 09:27 AM

Funny cause i had a dream last night that he came in off the bench to replace Trent and led a comeback at the Ralph and the stadium rushed the field afterwards...

Probably had something to do with Favre looking awesome last night...

Jan Reimers
10-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Funny cause i had a dream last night that he came in off the bench to replace Trent and led a comeback at the Ralph and the stadium rushed the field afterwards...

Probably had something to do with Favre looking awesome last night...
Or a pizza with everything.

WeAreArthurMoates
10-06-2009, 09:49 AM
Man this is speculation but this would be awesome. This would be the best news I've ever heard in terms of the Bills. That means no Jauron and I wouldn't have to fear never seeing another superbowl for Buffalo.

ddaryl
10-06-2009, 09:59 AM
we need a new direction I can not accept this crap anymore... and none of us deserves such a half ass effort this team delivers from the top down.

I hope there is truth to this rumor... Ralph himself has to realize he is a problem.. but I always felt he really didn't care as long as he had his toy to play with

bigbub2352
10-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Kelly please do something positive i cant take much more negative

Pinkerton Security
10-06-2009, 10:21 AM
I often hate on people that do this, but..

about 2 years ago my cousin talked with Jimbo's brother at a charity event and he indicated Jimbo was in fact really trying to get investors together.

take it with a grain of salt, im just relaying something I heard.

trapezeus
10-06-2009, 10:22 AM
i don't know why they wait for Ralph's passing. He and his family would be better with the cash payout...the new owners would be better inclined to take ownership now instead of letting years lapse in between glory years.

The clock is ticking for the fans. We're being blackmailed to support this crap team. Give us a winner or give us death! Sadly for the bills it's the reverse. Give us death then give us a winner.

jpdex12
10-06-2009, 10:30 AM

I just got wood!

DraftBoy
10-06-2009, 10:37 AM
Calm down people, if anything its probably just RWS hiring on Kelly as a consultant of sorts. If there was an ownership group readying an offer we would of heard about it by now.

Dr. Lecter
10-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Calm down people, if anything its probably just RWS hiring on Kelly as a consultant of sorts. If there was an ownership group readying an offer we would of heard about it by now.

Kelly has been saying or implying that there is a group for years now.

I don't think there is much to it, but he has thrown it out there.

trapezeus
10-06-2009, 10:46 AM
I think the group should just offer the money and get this thing done. It's ridiculous for Ralph to say that he wants to be the sole owner. That'd be fine if he was a good owner. But he's tossed two of the best GM's out on their ass for reasons unbeknownst to us. And then he couldn't get lucky three times in a row with TD and now is just too old to care.

Pull in a Jimbo, let him build a team. Honestly, i can't see a former player doing worse than what is currently set up. At this point of bills awfulness, i'd rather have matt Millen calling the shots than Brandon and Co.

Dujek
10-06-2009, 10:47 AM

The best deals are always done in secret.

Pinkerton Security
10-06-2009, 10:48 AM
I think the group should just offer the money and get this thing done. It's ridiculous for Ralph to say that he wants to be the sole owner. That'd be fine if he was a good owner. But he's tossed two of the best GM's out on their ass for reasons unbeknownst to us. And then he couldn't get lucky three times in a row with TD and now is just too old to care.

Pull in a Jimbo, let him build a team. Honestly, i can't see a former player doing worse than what is currently set up. At this point of bills awfulness, i'd rather have matt Millen calling the shots than Brandon and Co.

hahaha the only person I'd NOT want over brandon and co. is Millen...

Stoneludlow
10-06-2009, 11:02 AM
If Jimbo & Co. buy the Bills. I'd think that "The Chin" should be brought in as head coach and have Assisting from Bobby April (Hey, the Special Teams are the only thing that doing anything good during the "Skeletor's" Era) , and Dick LeBeau on the D side of the ball.

The Squeelers were Jimbo's team of choice as a kid, and maybe a "Steel City" rebirth in Buffalo is what is needed to bring the Bills around to respectability.

trapezeus
10-06-2009, 11:18 AM
it sucks that Ralph went to Marv first instead of Jim. He knows Jim has had an ownership interest for awhile. Why wouldn't he break him in and let him see first hand. I trust Jim would never have picked this loser in Jauron. And i'm pretty sure he would have pushed the talent evaluators to make better choices.

It's just stunning that the team's scouts don't get more pressure to get pushed out.

DMBcrew36
10-06-2009, 11:20 AM
if jim kelly can come through and save this team from its self and from moving, that's bigger than winning any of those 4 superbowls in my mind.

Yeah, I'd probably be willing to forgive him for beating his wife/pushing her down the stairs, womanizing girls young enough to be his daughter, and screwing all his investors in his restaurants failures.

Mudflap1
10-06-2009, 11:24 AM
You know what's funny? Remember those old SNL "Super Fan" skits about the Bears? Remember how they would say stuff like "Ditka versus the Nazis in World War II" and then one guy would go "Ditka, of course!" That's how we feel about Jim Kelly.

Bulldog
10-06-2009, 11:28 AM
You know what's funny? Remember those old SNL "Super Fan" skits about the Bears? Remember how they would say stuff like "Ditka versus the Nazis in World War II" and then one guy would go "Ditka, of course!" That's how we feel about Jim Kelly.

Well, some of us do. DMBCrew is apparently still pissed at Kelly for all the nasty rumors he heard about him.

DMBcrew36
10-06-2009, 11:29 AM
Well, some of us do. DMBCrew is apparently still pissed at Kelly for all the nasty rumors he heard about him.

Rumors eh? Live in Buffalo your whole life and you know what goes on. It's a small town. I've seen him out at places.

And I'm not pissed at him, but unlike some people, I am able to separate what he did on the field from what he has done off the field. Ofcourse, most people on here don't know what goes on off the field and around town because they don't live here.

Michael82
10-06-2009, 11:29 AM
I believe that the rumors are true and Jim Kelly is really working on a partnership group to buy in to the Buffalo Bills and become minority owners. They will start out as that until Ralph sells them full ownership of the team. I'm going to guess that these are your main people involved or at least some of these guys are...

Jim Kelly
Thurman Thomas
George Gillett Jr
Bob Rich
Tom Golisano

Dr. Lecter
10-06-2009, 11:31 AM
Rumors eh? Live in Buffalo your whole life and you know what goes on. It's a small town. I've seen him out at places.

How did he screw his investors?

Blame the city of Buffalo and the way they drive away business.

As for the rest, there are some many urban legends in this town. Being a small town generally only leads to crap being spread that is, at best, half true.

DMBcrew36
10-06-2009, 11:36 AM
How did he screw his investors?

Blame the city of Buffalo and the way they drive away business.

As for the rest, there are some many urban legends in this town. Being a small town generally only leads to crap being spread that is, at best, half true.

I'll just comment on his restaurant. Kelly borrowed from local businesses and suppliers and drove his restaurant into the ground, twice. It's his poor business acumen, NOT the city of Buffalo - he's a football player, not someone with a M.S. in business administration or accounting. Blaming the city would be absurd - taxes did not put him out. In fact, he probably had more connections and resources at this disposal than most due to who he was/is. And when it failed, he had the money to pay the mom and pop shops back but walked away. I guess it's a question of morality and ethics, not legality.

trapezeus
10-06-2009, 11:40 AM
restaurants fail in record numbers. Especially for rich people who think it'd be a good idea. a good restaurant succeeds because the people are restaurant people through and through.

Screwing over your suppliers is a big part of the restaurant business. BEcause if you aren't doing it to them....they're doing it to you.

Jim Kelly's stories about womanizing and what not are probably true. We've all heard them. and we know we've heard the stories about Jill and him staying together for hunters sake back in the day.

I can also separate the football man and the everyday jim. If he can get the monied interests to buy this team and know how to implement a strategy for winning, i like our chances. I may not like Jim Kelly the guy....but i trust him with the team.

currently this team has no strategy...the strategy is to just do the same old thing.

DMBcrew36
10-06-2009, 11:41 AM
But anyways, back to the purpose the thread...

I really do hope Jim Kelly is the 'savior' to keep this team in Buffalo and turn it around when Ralph buys the farm. He has the visibility and notoriety to be the glue that pulls a group together to purchase the team.

The owner of the Boston Bruins lives in East Amherst but I recall him saying he didn't have interest in purchasing the team, at least not two years ago.

don137
10-06-2009, 11:42 AM
i don't know why they wait for Ralph's passing. He and his family would be better with the cash payout...the new owners would be better inclined to take ownership now instead of letting years lapse in between glory years.

The clock is ticking for the fans. We're being blackmailed to support this crap team. Give us a winner or give us death! Sadly for the bills it's the reverse. Give us death then give us a winner.

There is a very simple explanation why Ralph will not sell this team now...taxes. If he sold the team now his estate would be taxed twice from the proceeds of the sale. Once in the form of capital gains taxes and the other in the form of inheritance taxes. By keeping the team until he dies he is eliminating the capital gains tax and just paying the inheritance taxes for his estate thus saving his estate millions if not a few hundred million in taxes.

DMBcrew36
10-06-2009, 11:44 AM
restaurants fail in record numbers. Especially for rich people who think it'd be a good idea. a good restaurant succeeds because the people are restaurant people through and through.

Screwing over your suppliers is a big part of the restaurant business. BEcause if you aren't doing it to them....they're doing it to you.

Jim Kelly's stories about womanizing and what not are probably true. We've all heard them. and we know we've heard the stories about Jill and him staying together for hunters sake back in the day.

I can also separate the football man and the everyday jim. If he can get the monied interests to buy this team and know how to implement a strategy for winning, i like our chances. I may not like Jim Kelly the guy....but i trust him with the team.

currently this team has no strategy...the strategy is to just do the same old thing.

Thats what I was saying, though. It's about separating football from everything else. He's great for the Bills and was a great player, but as a person I think it's fair for me not to see him as such a quality guy. I'm allowed my opinion and I do think some people may love him to a fault, ignoring the bad.

doomsdayvirus
10-06-2009, 11:53 AM
kelly has openly stated numerous times in the past that he's getting a group of investors ready and has mentioned discussing that fact with ralph wilson. he's probably the only hope this team has.

/self-imposed hiatus

trapezeus
10-06-2009, 11:54 AM
dmb, i see where you are coming from.

i want this team to stay here and i want it to be successful. I think and really hope that Kelly is speaking the truth when he says he has a plan. because he will come off looking like the biggest ******* on the face of the earth if his team just has zero shot at making a dent on the bid.

Regardless of what kelly has cooked up, they will have to pass the NFL approval process. And with the likes of Jones and Synder moaning about needing more revenue, it's not a done deal. If they buy at a discount, the owners may say no because it devalues their teams.

There are a lot of moving parts to this and keeping the team and moving the team are both tricky things.

Mudflap1
10-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Yeah, I'd probably be willing to forgive him for beating his wife/pushing her down the stairs, womanizing girls young enough to be his daughter, and screwing all his investors in his restaurants failures.

Pardon my ignorance for someone living here on the Left Coast... but can we clarify some things?

What is the truth and what are the rumors (even if they are strong rumors) about what Jim Kelly has done that is bad?

The guy was my favorite player growing up, like a lot of us, and I just kind of want to see it all laid out in a thread about what people have heard, what people feel is very reliable, and what is confirmed.

Thanks.

DMBcrew36
10-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Pardon my ignorance for someone living here on the Left Coast... but can we clarify some things?

What is the truth and what are the rumors (even if they are strong rumors) about what Jim Kelly has done that is bad?

The guy was my favorite player growing up, like a lot of us, and I just kind of want to see it all laid out in a thread about what people have heard, what people feel is very reliable, and what is confirmed.

Thanks.

I do know that he is something of a playboy, out hitting on women (usually much younger than he) despite being married. I've seen it, my friends have seen it, my family has seen it. Whether it has gone anywhere after that, I don't know.

Now I'm told that he has at least once physically hit his wife or engaged in some violent domestic issues, but I don't know exact details and thus would not be willing to swear by anything. I'd be interested to hear more from other people who live here in Buffalo.

Mudflap1
10-06-2009, 12:12 PM
I do know that he is something of a playboy, out hitting on women (usually much younger than he) despite being married. I've seen it, my friends have seen it, my family has seen it. Whether it has gone anywhere after that, I don't know.

Now I'm told that he has at least once physically hit his wife or engaged in some violent domestic issues, but I don't know exact details and thus would not be willing to swear by anything. I'd be interested to hear more from other people who live here in Buffalo.

Thanks, I would like to hear more also. I just want to see it out there as to what people have seen first hand, what people have heard that appears to be reliable, and what is a rumor that could go either way.

Dr. Lecter
10-06-2009, 12:16 PM
I'll just comment on his restaurant. Kelly borrowed from local businesses and suppliers and drove his restaurant into the ground, twice. It's his poor business acumen, NOT the city of Buffalo - he's a football player, not someone with a M.S. in business administration or accounting. Blaming the city would be absurd - taxes did not put him out. In fact, he probably had more connections and resources at this disposal than most due to who he was/is. And when it failed, he had the money to pay the mom and pop shops back but walked away. I guess it's a question of morality and ethics, not legality.

You have a couple of things that are wrong in this post.

I do not completely disagree that he was a bad businessman - most athletes are. But it was more than taxes. It also things like Buffalo having main street closed to traffic that hurts all businesses.

As for paying mom and pop places back, that would have been illegal.

When he closed the restaurant, the corporation that owned it declared bankruptcy. The corporation owed the places the money, not Jim Kelly. Had he picked and choose who he paid back, he would have been breaking bankruptcy laws. So it was a legal issue.

I am not saying the guys is perfect - I am sure he is not. Hell, I know he is not.

But let's not demonize him either. This town was spread crap about people before that has shownto be simply not true.

mchurchfie
10-06-2009, 12:28 PM
This is about football anyways. Right now, if Charley Manson bought the team and he promised to fire Jauron and the FO my nipples would get hard.

SquishDaFish
10-06-2009, 12:55 PM
This is about football anyways. Right now, if Charley Manson bought the team and he promised to fire Jauron and the FO my nipples would get hard.

Post of the year :roflmao:

ddaryl
10-06-2009, 01:06 PM

LMAO

a set of THO's for Charlie Manson as HC of the Bills... wow it's really sunk all the way down to this...

at least we would be guarenteed some emotion on the sidelines ....

DMBcrew36
10-06-2009, 01:20 PM
LMAO

a set of THO's for Charlie Manson as HC of the Bills... wow it's really sunk all the way down to this...

at least we would be guarenteed some emotion on the sidelines ....

What about Bernard Madoff as HC?

Oldbillsfan
10-06-2009, 01:27 PM
Getting Kelly and Thurman more involved with this team is essential, they still bleed the Bills red white and blue.

El Guapo
10-06-2009, 01:28 PM

The family is better off for tax reasons to wait until RW passes. We're talking millions and millions of dollars.

Ed
10-06-2009, 01:33 PM
I've heard about the womanizing, pushing his wife down the stairs, and just being an a-hole in general. I've also heard that he did a lot of cocaine and partying during the glory years and got a lot of other people hooked on it. Obviously I can't verify if any of this is true. Just stating what I've heard since some people asked.

Billz_fan
10-06-2009, 01:58 PM
Personally I don't think Jim has done to bad. Sure he has had some issues. He has done better than alot of atheletes though. If you compare him to todays group of players he is a saint.

Hasn't shot himself or anyone else

No dog fighting

Hasn't been arrested multiple times

Didn't get murdered by his mistress

Crap he is doing pretty good :up:

mchurchfie
10-06-2009, 02:08 PM
Getting Kelly and Thurman more involved with this team is essential, they still bleed the Bills red white and blue.
Don't worry, if Charley bought the team bleeding would not be an issue.

trapezeus
10-06-2009, 02:18 PM
What about Bernard Madoff as HC?

We already have an old man crook in the organization that overvalues assets and leaves people stunned that the value is totally gone. Why get two?

Billz_fan
10-06-2009, 02:22 PM
Don't worry, if Charley bought the team bleeding would not be an issue.

Hey, he could stop the game and or 30 second clock when we needed it :D

DynaPaul
10-06-2009, 02:36 PM
It could be another media play by Ralph. I can see Ralph now:

"Well when I brought Marv back I got the fanbase going again. Now I'll do the same trick twice and bring Jim in to make it look like I'm fixing things! Ha ha ha... season ticket sales here we come!"

HHURRICANE
10-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Thurman eluded to it yesterday on the Schoop Show and they were talking about it today on WGR. They think Jimbo has something in the works. Thurman acted like he knew something but couldn't reveal it. He truly would be our best chance at influencing Ralph Wilson. I'm thinking there are going to be some big changes when this thing finally goes down and he is going to be right in the middle of it all.:pray:

I heard that they are bringing Kelly in as a coach/some organization level. This was told to me in confidence but knowing this site no one will take it seriously anyway. This is not a joke.

Anyone who wants to PM me can get the low down.

By the way think about how it will keep fan enthusiam up but cost the FO relatively nothing. Be prepared to be hoodwinked yet again.

HHURRICANE
10-06-2009, 02:52 PM
I heard that they are bringing Kelly in as a coach/some organization level. This was told to me in confidence but knowing this site no one will take it seriously anyway. This is not a joke.

Anyone who wants to PM me can get the low down.

By the way think about how it will keep fan enthusiam up but cost the FO relatively nothing. Be prepared to be hoodwinked yet again.

PS. I am going on record as saying this is dumber than Levy as GM. Let's just suit up the entire 90s team, play Rocky music, and pretend it's the 90s again.

Mudflap1
10-06-2009, 03:03 PM
So basically Kelly is supposed to do what Bill Parcells is doing in Miami and what Marv was supposed to do a couple of years ago? Being the "guru" who brings in the right guys and orchestrates the moves for the team, like the puppet master?

Mr. Miyagi
10-06-2009, 03:39 PM
If Jim Kelly came through and saved the Bills, I'm changing my children's names to Jim and Kelly, and I have two girls.

YoungEz
10-06-2009, 05:39 PM
There is a very simple explanation why Ralph will not sell this team now...taxes. If he sold the team now his estate would be taxed twice from the proceeds of the sale. Once in the form of capital gains taxes and the other in the form of inheritance taxes. By keeping the team until he dies he is eliminating the capital gains tax and just paying the inheritance taxes for his estate thus saving his estate millions if not a few hundred million in taxes.

I am not quite sure if this is true anymore. I had my tax class last year and remember going over estates etc and being like while wait why doesn't ralph just sell now? I can't remember the exact laws/reasoning since it was last year and I really don't want to open my tax book again. Also could depend on state too.

If I am not mistaken some provision helping estates out has or runs out very soon on this matter.

On a side note our tax system is the most retarted thing ever put together.

homeslice5484
10-06-2009, 05:50 PM
anyone have a link to thurmans show? Its not on wgrs site anymore, or at least i cant find it

Dying_-2-_Live
10-06-2009, 06:02 PM
Jim Kelly as Head Coach?

don137
10-07-2009, 07:46 AM
I am not quite sure if this is true anymore. I had my tax class last year and remember going over estates etc and being like while wait why doesn't ralph just sell now? I can't remember the exact laws/reasoning since it was last year and I really don't want to open my tax book again. Also could depend on state too.

If I am not mistaken some provision helping estates out has or runs out very soon on this matter.

On a side note our tax system is the most retarted thing ever put together.
Well you are partially right. In 2010 their is no inheritance tax.

In 2010, the estate tax rate drops to zero percent; if Ralph dies in 2010 his heirs would not pay taxes.

One caveat: Congress ensured that the law sunsets in 2011. That is, on January 1st, 2011, the estate tax rate will return to its pre-Bush levels. Practically speaking, this means the difference between dying on December 31, 2010 and January 1, 2011 can mean 55 percent of your estate.

trapezeus
10-07-2009, 08:15 AM
great. Now we have another awful thing to cheer for:

1. Cheer on our opponents each week in hopes that they fire our coach
2. cheer on ralph's passing for 2010 to avoid the estate tax.

I hate this team and what it does to me.

Bulldog
10-07-2009, 08:58 AM

And I'm not pissed at him, but unlike some people, I am able to separate what he did on the field from what he has done off the field. Ofcourse, most people on here don't know what goes on off the field and around town because they don't live here.

Unless you can tell me that you witnessed Kelly push his wife down the staris first hand, I don't want to hear it. If everybody who has lived in Buffalo their whole lives know, don't you think a media outlet would have aired the story? Or is it all a big cover up?

madness
10-07-2009, 09:00 AM
great. Now we have another awful thing to cheer for:

1. Cheer on our opponents each week in hopes that they fire our coach
2. cheer on ralph's passing for 2010 to avoid the estate tax.

I hate this team and what it does to me.

No, it's just you. I will never cheer such things.

WeAreArthurMoates
10-07-2009, 09:16 AM
Jimbo was just on with wease and said there's no way he's getting involved in coaching.

casdhf
10-07-2009, 09:29 AM
We should hire Mike Ditka.

DMBcrew36
10-07-2009, 09:31 AM
Unless you can tell me that you witnessed Kelly push his wife down the staris first hand, I don't want to hear it. If everybody who has lived in Buffalo their whole lives know, don't you think a media outlet would have aired the story? Or is it all a big cover up?

That's ok, I don't care if you want to follow people blindly. And I can say whatever I want. I don't care what you want to hear.

Bulldog
10-07-2009, 09:50 AM
That's ok, I don't care if you want to follow people blindly. And I can say whatever I want. I don't care what you want to hear.

Who exactly am I following blindly? If you want to believe what every chicken little runs around telling you, be my guest. And I could really give two craps what you have to say. Get over yourself.

DMBcrew36
10-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Who exactly am I following blindly? If you want to believe what every chicken little runs around telling you, be my guest. And I could really give two craps what you have to say. Get over yourself.

lol yes I am just so narcissistic. I am awesome and it shows in every single one of my posts. :rolleyes:

yordad
10-07-2009, 10:29 AM
I think he should just buy them and rename them the Buffalo Jims. :(

Bulldog
10-07-2009, 11:07 AM
I don't know if Kelly should buy the team at all. I heard from a not so reliable source that he was involved with Vick and the dog fighting ring. LOL

dasaybz
10-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Jim Kelly has done nothing negative since his career has been over. Why in the world would you try to smear him around in mud? Oh, because you think you have the scoop on him and you want people to think you're cool.

Dude, just shut up, and just let the man live his life. Saying he beats his wife is a pretty serious accusation, I think you should provide a link or something, or give us some evidence. If someone accused me of hitting my wife, I'd probably be seriously pissed off.

trapezeus
10-07-2009, 12:07 PM
do you guys really think the following scenario is the one playing out?

Ralph and family are just concerned about the future value of the sale price (fair enough considering the amount, however, even being taxed at 50% that leaves the family with $400-$300MM in cold hard cash) and that everything day to day is to maintain a healthy profit margin.

As a desire to not get double taxed they have already come to a general agreement on the sale of the team. In order to not tie down the next ownership group, they've just kept a barebones operation that can be adjusted easiliy.

it's a bit grim because that means ralph is keenly aware of his mortality at this point. That's kind of an awful way of living, but i assume you do what you have to do to take care of your family.

DMBcrew36
10-07-2009, 12:24 PM
Jim Kelly has done nothing negative since his career has been over. Why in the world would you try to smear him around in mud? Oh, because you think you have the scoop on him and you want people to think you're cool.

Dude, just shut up, and just let the man live his life. Saying he beats his wife is a pretty serious accusation, I think you should provide a link or something, or give us some evidence. If someone accused me of hitting my wife, I'd probably be seriously pissed off.

I'm not letting him live his life? Trust me - he's living it. He's out at the bars all the time mixing with young women. And I'm not the only one who has heard about off-the-field issues. I don't just sit here and make **** up for the sake of it. I don't know where you're from but most people around Buffalo have heard.

dasaybz
10-07-2009, 12:47 PM
I'm not letting him live his life? Trust me - he's living it. He's out at the bars all the time mixing with young women. And I'm not the only one who has heard about off-the-field issues. I don't just sit here and make **** up for the sake of it. I don't know where you're from but most people around Buffalo have heard.
Who gives a ****? I bet you are a perfect human being right?

What gives you the right to judge anyone?

People like you really piss me off.

BuffaloRanger
10-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Last year Jimbo said Bills fans need not worry."As long as I'm involved, I can't see them going anywhere else."

That comment made people think Jimbo was getting an ownership group together.

Hell, if Rush Limbaugh can get the owners of the Blues to join him in making an offer for the Rams maybe Jimbo knows "some people" too.

trapezeus
10-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Watch Jimbo be connected to Glen Beck.

DMBcrew36
10-07-2009, 01:09 PM
Who gives a ****? I bet you are a perfect human being right?

What gives you the right to judge anyone?

People like you really piss me off.

awww want a kleenex??

Mudflap1
10-07-2009, 01:29 PM
awww want a kleenex??

To your defense, you didn't swear that any of the stuff you heard was true, other than personally seeing Jim being a flirt in the bars. That being said, I guess you do tend to believe the rumors, but that's your call.

DMBcrew36
10-07-2009, 01:45 PM
To your defense, you didn't swear that any of the stuff you heard was true, other than personally seeing Jim being a flirt in the bars. That being said, I guess you do tend to believe the rumors, but that's your call.

I've seen enough and know people I trust who have seen enough for me to believe some of it. I have maintained that people can think whatever they want.

Billz_fan
10-07-2009, 01:53 PM
He said she said.

Mudflap1
10-07-2009, 02:00 PM
I've seen enough and know people I trust who have seen enough for me to believe some of it. I have maintained that people can think whatever they want.

I hear you. You're a "if there's smoke, there's fire" kind of guy, and you are a local that hears/sees things more than out-of-towners. Doesn't mean it's all true, but there very well could be something there.

Billz_fan
10-07-2009, 02:08 PM
I don't get it

Been charged with any crimes or proved to do anything illegal ?

When was the last time he's even been accused of illegal wrong doing of any kind ?

Also , I don't want him to run the country or watch my kids, I don't need to trust him with my wife (if I had one) I just want him to help us win some football games and keep the team in Buffalo. I don't care if he's a *****. I just don't.

As long as he is doing nothing illegal im good.

BuffaloRanger
10-07-2009, 06:00 PM
Jimbo was a ***** when he was the Bills QB.

By all accounts Trent is a great guy.

I'd take the better QB.

Personality off the field doesn't matter as long as he ain't getting arrested. Just win baby.

Same goes for Team Owner, GM, HC. Just win.

Michael82
10-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Watch Jimbo be connected to Glen Beck.
:ill:

mercyrule
10-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Jimbo was just on with wease and said there's no way he's getting involved in coaching.He has something in the works for a college football (or college sports in general?) channel. Help me find the link (www.wease.com)

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2009, 10:11 PM
So what, Jimbo likes young Tang, who doesn't? and who cares? All I care about is the Bills staying in Buffalo.