PDA

View Full Version : Pop Warner Offense

BuffaloRanger
10-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Owens and Evans line up on the outside and run straight down field. They are boxed in by the sideline on one side and the middle where trent rarely throws on the other, making them not so hard to cover.

Only fly patterns from the elite WRs.

What's a slant or post?

Even back in the K-Gun days the Bills would make substitutions during a drive. The Bills almost always keep the same "package" on the field for the duration of the drive. This almost completely negates the possibility of mismatches.

The No-Huddle is not the Hurry-Up. Defenses can change out personnel, but rarely have to.

Opponents have watched the Pats game tape and are sitting on the dump offs.

The WRs only run flys, Bills don't run slants or throw down the middle, the checkdowns are now covered, and the OTs are backups, this offense has really become a Pop Warner style offense.

justasportsfan
10-06-2009, 11:32 AM
Dick "we have to watch the tape and see where we went wrong"

Hey Dumbass, teams are watching your O on tape too . They're making changes on how to defend you. The mistakes are you're too stupid to realize that.

unpaid_bills
10-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Sounds like a reasonable explanation. I think my Pop Warner (10yr old sons team) offense is a bit more effective. I actually think the Bills run a complex offense (lots of audibles, no huddle) maybe this is confusing the players?

I have said before our Wide Outs except for Josh Reed are not good route runners. Is it coaching, the plays or the receivers themselves, find it hard to believe they cant change the route or audible or have the coaches drilled into their heads dont deviate or do a different TO I have heard multiple players say in interviews they are just going with the plays that are called. The WRs need to do a better job getting open however they can, the coaches need to draw up plays and make adjustments.