PDA

View Full Version : Jason Peters update

billsburgh
10-06-2009, 12:04 PM
Left tackle: Since being whistled for two false starts early against the Panthers, it's been smooth sailing for Jason Peters. He was close to perfect last week against the Chiefs and was also good against the Saints, except for a late lapse that resulted in a sack. It will be interesting to see how much the Eagles run the Wildcat to the left side to take advantage of Peters' athleticism, which was on display in Week 1 against the Panthers.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/moving_the_chains/Eagles_O-line_has_been_pleasant_surprise.html
wouldn't it be nice to have a competent left tackle still?

TacklingDummy
10-06-2009, 12:08 PM
wouldn't it be nice to have a competent left tackle still?
Or a RT or RG or C or LG

justasportsfan
10-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Peters wouldn't have done anything to save our stupidity at the coaching position.

Mike13
10-06-2009, 12:18 PM
That is true^

ddaryl
10-06-2009, 12:19 PM
all I had to do is watch the crabtree debacle and it is very easy to understand why Peters is not a Bill right now

yordad
10-06-2009, 12:28 PM
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/moving_the_chains/Eagles_O-line_has_been_pleasant_surprise.html
wouldn't it be nice to have a competent left tackle still?Still? You mean like 07? Cuz dude sucked in 08.

Kenny
10-06-2009, 12:37 PM
you got to blame both parties for this.

After the 08 debacle, -it was obvious that Peters wanted absolutely nothing to do with the Bills.

yordad
10-06-2009, 12:41 PM

After the 08 debacle, -it was obvious that Peters wanted absolutely nothing to do with the Bills.So, we are blaming the Bills for Peter's poor playing?

Philagape
10-06-2009, 02:45 PM
One day the Eagles will know what it's like when he doesn't feel like giving his best on the field.

psubills62
10-06-2009, 03:06 PM
One day the Eagles will know what it's like when he doesn't feel like giving his best on the field.
What amuses me is when they just breeze by the "late lapse." Excuse me? Elite LT's don't have lapses. I believe Michael Roos gave up 1 or 2 sacks ALL SEASON last year, and Peters has given up 2 sacks in 4 games. Last I knew, Ryan Clady has yet to give up a full sack in his CAREER.

Is Peters very good? Yes. Is he elite? No. I'm personally intrigued to see how he does in the playoffs (if they get there), since he couldn't seem to make it through 16 games with us the last couple of years.

HHURRICANE
10-06-2009, 04:07 PM

After the 08 debacle, -it was obvious that Peters wanted absolutely nothing to do with the Bills.

Yes true. He wanted to be paid and they wouldn't pay him.

We didn't pay Pat Willimas, Winfield, Clements, Fletcher, Peters. Wow, right there is a pretty good team.

PECKERWOOD
10-06-2009, 04:08 PM
Should of just cut Walker to create more space, then signed Peters.

Peters, Levitre, Hangartner, Wood, Butler

That line would be titty, Trent would have all day.

HHURRICANE
10-06-2009, 04:10 PM

No Wood if Peters is here.

The Juice Is Loose
10-06-2009, 04:13 PM
peters leaving isn't why we're sucking.

it was doing nothing after he left that hurt.

should've drafted oher and wood and levitre.

god i hate aaron maybin more and more. he's already in my donte whitner section of my heart. the black, cold, dead part.

JediMindPowers
10-06-2009, 04:15 PM
Letting Peters walk was a stupid, stupid mistake.

Theres no way him not being here HELPS this team.

We got much worse at the LT position - much worse.

So stop it.

Stop making excuses for horrible management decisions.

It was a horrible choice to let him go. The Bills got worse because of it, and thats that.

Move on.

JediMindPowers
10-06-2009, 04:16 PM

So?

31 of 32 NFL teams would take Peters over Wood in a heartbeat.

Guess what team wouldn't?

JediMindPowers
10-06-2009, 04:17 PM

Cearly, Oher was the pick.

I honestly thought that this year we would be going into the 2009 season with Oher, Peters, Dockery, Walker etc.

And you know what?

It wasn't like it was unrealistic.

It should have gone that way.

It could have. I thought it was more than obvious.

But instead, OBD decides to let go of Walker, Dockery, Peters and drafted Maybin?

HHURRICANE
10-06-2009, 04:21 PM
So?

31 of 32 NFL teams would take Peters over Wood in a heartbeat.

Guess what team wouldn't?

Dude, have you not been here in a while?

I am the biggest Peters supporter on this site and called this disaster back when we traded him. I was merely commenting that you wouldn't have Peters and Wood on the same roster because the trade is how we got Wood.

JediMindPowers
10-06-2009, 04:22 PM
Dude, have you not been here in a while?

I am the biggest Peters supporter on this site and called this disaster back when we traded him. I was merely commenting that you wouldn't have Peters and Wood on the same roster because the trade is how we got Wood.

Sorry and good.

At least you know.

BuffaloRanger
10-06-2009, 05:02 PM
Bills could have gone:

Oher
Wood
Max Unger
Levitre

Add in Hangartner, then decide who plays C and who plays RT out of the group above.

And possibly fixed their Oline for the next decade...

patmoran2006
10-06-2009, 05:39 PM
Yes true. He wanted to be paid and they wouldn't pay him.

We didn't pay Pat Willimas, Winfield, Clements, Fletcher, Peters. Wow, right there is a pretty good team.

Williams and Winfield deserved their money... Fletcher is borderline.

Peters and especially Clements.. Not a chance

JediMindPowers
10-06-2009, 05:40 PM

You really think that about Peters, huh?

Goobylal
10-06-2009, 05:49 PM
The Bills should have known that Butler would be lost for the season so early, and that Bell would be injured as well? Please!

JediMindPowers
10-06-2009, 05:58 PM
The Bills should have known that Butler would be lost for the season so early, and that Bell would be injured as well? Please!

Are you talking to me?

Kenny
10-06-2009, 07:27 PM

Peters was worth the money when he first held out... After that he just didnt give a damn, and then the year after he made it clear he didnt want to play for the Bills anymore.

As for deserving their money, -I'd rather overpay guys like Clements then guys like Walker, Dockery, etc....

I know hindsight's 20/20, but just imagine our defense if we had:
Maybin/Kelsay, Fat Pat, Stroud, and Schobel
(wouldnt change the lb corps, because I thought Fletch was overrated... always got run over and couldnt make any tackles unless it was 10yard past the LOS)
Winfield and Clements, with McGee playing nickel (where he belongs)

Now that's a dominant defense.... oh well, -one can dream.

PECKERWOOD
10-06-2009, 07:30 PM

Or we could have used our picks to trade up a couple times, but we'd have no Nelson or Byrd.

Goobylal
10-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Are you talking to me?
Sure, why not? Again it's not like the Bills foresaw Butler and Bell being hurt at the same time. And Peters has had his own injury issues.

But after what Peters pulled last year, he wasn't worth anything to the Bills. They made the best of a bad situation.

JediMindPowers
10-06-2009, 07:37 PM
But after what Peters pulled last year, he wasn't worth anything to the Bills. They made the best of a bad situation.

Yeap. Just like Pat Williams was doggin' it, and was overrated.

Same cheap and tired argument.

Peters would have stayed here.

He was treated with complete disrespect because he was a primetime player ready to bust out.

He got too expensive for the Bills.

So they went about personally undermining him in a crude attempt to "put him back in his place," ie, saying he isn't worth that much.

But he was, and everyone knew it.

justasportsfan
10-06-2009, 08:35 PM

we said the same thing about Pat Williams and look what happened since he left. I agree about Clements but look where we're at with our OL and you know Peters would've been worth it. The reason why the eagles have been better than us all these years is because they've been willing to step up and we haven't were it counts the most. In the trenches

TacklingDummy
10-07-2009, 07:25 AM
The Bills should have re-signed or kept, Jason Whittle, Melvin Fowler, Cory Mace, Tedy Lehman, CJ Ah You, Dwayne Wright, Terrance Pennington, Aaron Merz, Ko Simpson, Duke Preston, Eric King, Lionel Gates, JP Losman , Tim Anderson, Tim Euhus, Sam Aiken, Angelo Crowell, Mario Haggan, Lauvale Sape, Ben Sobieski, Justin Bannan, Kevin Thomas, Mike Pucillo, Rodney Wright, Jarret Ferguson...etc...

I could go on but it got really depressing looking at the Bills drafts the past 7 years. People wonder why this team blows. LOOK AT THE DRAFTS. :puke:

HHURRICANE
10-07-2009, 08:37 AM
The Bills should have re-signed or kept, Jason Whittle, Melvin Fowler, Cory Mace, Tedy Lehman, CJ Ah You, Dwayne Wright, Terrance Pennington, Aaron Merz, Ko Simpson, Duke Preston, Eric King, Lionel Gates, JP Losman , Tim Anderson, Tim Euhus, Sam Aiken, Angelo Crowell, Mario Haggan, Lauvale Sape, Ben Sobieski, Justin Bannan, Kevin Thomas, Mike Pucillo, Rodney Wright, Jarret Ferguson...etc...

I could go on but it got really depressing looking at the Bills drafts the past 7 years. People wonder why this team blows. LOOK AT THE DRAFTS. :puke:

Why does it matter when you draft people like Winfied, Clements, and pick up guys like Peters? We don't keep them anyway unless they fit the profile of average and signable at the cheap price.

MassEffect218435
10-07-2009, 08:57 AM
Buffalo just isn't used to having and dealing with real star players, so when one comes around and wants some cheese the Bills and the fan base don't know what to do with themselves and instead of doing the right thing and rewarding a guy for playing his ass off, they just run him out of town. It's okay though, it only hurts the Bills and more importantly the fans when you get rid of star talent. People have just gotten used to and come to accept losing.