PDA

View Full Version : Ruff and Regier to be introduced tomorrow...

Ebenezer
05-27-2003, 03:14 PM
as the new Coach and GM....anybody surprised??

I think Darcy will be on a very short lease.

Earthquake Enyart
05-27-2003, 03:22 PM
Lindy coming back surprises me. They're stuck with Darcy and that long term deal.

Turf
05-27-2003, 03:40 PM
Yawn......This is all wrong........

sumott
05-27-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
as the new Coach and GM....anybody surprised??

I think Darcy will be on a very short lease.

Not surprised in the least at the retention of the coach and GM.
I thought that Darcy had a contract, though, not a lease!

Sabre Ally
05-27-2003, 06:53 PM
leash. :laughter:

this sucks :(

The_Philster
05-27-2003, 07:12 PM
News Conference at 3pm tomorrow...on Empire and WNSA

WereRat
05-27-2003, 07:25 PM
The report I read in the Buffalo news said that Darcy impressed enough in his interview for the position that he is being given a shot to show that he can perform the job well under the new management. He is on a very close watch though.

It also said that Ruff wasn't overly happy with some of the line up he was given to work with last season so watch for player changes to follow before the start of the new one, maybe even some big surprises. From Ruff I fear the worst on cutting/trading players... :-(

Novacane
05-28-2003, 01:23 PM
Boooooooooooooooooooo!

Judge
05-28-2003, 04:45 PM
There's something to be said for cleaning house and starting fresh.

These guys will be under pressure to show that they can deliver the necessary fresh start despite being the leftover icons of the prior regime. Ruff has the added pressure of knowing that the team's veterans have tuned out his methods after 6+ years.

Tough spot to be in for both guys.

Buffalofan
05-28-2003, 09:38 PM
No surprise concerning Lindy Ruff .. its hard to justify firing the winningest coach in team history. I dont condone it, I was hoping for a fresh start. Regier on the other hand is a surprise. I thought he was a goner.