PDA

View Full Version : Losing respect for Bill HOFers

sdbillsfan2
10-06-2009, 06:47 PM
First it was O.J.
Then after DJ's contract was extended prematurely ,it was Ralph.

Now Old Marv is losing his senses as well.
He's the one responsible for recommending Jawrong and still can't see the light!
"
BUFFALO (wgrz.com) - It probably comes as little surprise, but Hall of Fame coach Marv Levy is backing Bills coach Dick Jauron in the midst of the 1-3 start. Levy hired Jauron in 2006 when he was working as Bills General Manager.
We interviewed six coaches... all good candidates at the time.. and we felt... Mr. Wilson and I felt at the time that we'd move forth with Dick... and it's not over...they're reeling... the Bills best chance in my opinion is to go forth with the way Dick Jauron will coach the team... I believe Dick Jauron has the type of character and will convey that to the players on this team that will give them the best chance to rebound."
http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=70837&catid=4

Mudflap1
10-06-2009, 06:50 PM
Marv didn't say Jauron is the answer ultimately, he's just saying there is no point in firing the guy right now... who else is going to take over? Bobby April? He's done a great job so far this year!

Nighthawk
10-06-2009, 07:14 PM
Marv has no clue what a good HC looks like and he didn't know players either.

PECKERWOOD
10-06-2009, 07:23 PM
Do I think Jauron belongs on a coaching staff some where?

Yeah, sure.

Do I think he should be running the show? HELL NO!

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
10-06-2009, 07:30 PM
Marv has no clue what a good HC looks like and he didn't know players either.

I think the game has pasts Marv

sdbillsfan2
10-06-2009, 07:32 PM
"Levy points out that he was hired as the result of an in-season firing in 1986 when the Bills let Hank Bullough go. Levy says this situation is different."

I guess ALL mid season firings don't go bad! Of course , we had an actual GM at the time didn't we ?

dplus47
10-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Marv didn't say Jauron is the answer ultimately, he's just saying there is no point in firing the guy right now... who else is going to take over? Bobby April? He's done a great job so far this year!

i'm not trying to jack the thread in another direction, but i have a question for you guys as it relates to april. during the phins game, they said the bills ST units are among the league leaders in penalties this year.

the bills have always had a great reputation ST-wise, and april has a good reputation as well. is it really that april's coaching has slipped, or is the bottom 3rd of the roster (which traditionally holds many ST players) is just not that talented right now?

from an outsider's perspective, it seems that player personnel might be the biggest problem in buffalo, but i'm just thinking aloud and wondering what others think, particularly when it comes to ST execution.

Nighthawk
10-06-2009, 07:39 PM
"Levy points out that he was hired as the result of an in-season firing in 1986 when the Bills let Hank Bullough go. Levy says this situation is different."

I guess ALL mid season firings don't go bad! Of course , we had an actual GM at the time didn't we ?

Levy is a tool and he's just pulling for his butt-buddy, Jauron.

dplus47
10-06-2009, 07:44 PM

i think if it gets worse, they'll have to look on the current staff for an "interim" guy and go to jauron and offer him a severance to resign. i'm not sure if that's do-able, but i'm thinking about what happened in miami with wannstedt, where it got really bad, he stepped down, and jim bates coached the team for the remainder of the year. it was a really painful year for them, but they did upset the pats in prime time, and they got a new coach in the offseason, who was a "name" guy as well: saban.

we all know how that turned out, but i don't think it's fantasy for the bills to have jauron step down, have someone like april step in as the "interim" coach, then salvage this year the best they can and really go after somebody in the offseason.

in order to restore fan confidence, i think ralph has no choice but to "go large" and chase someone with a solid NFL resume.

sdbillsfan2
10-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Do I think Jauron belongs on a coaching staff some where?

Yeah, sure.

Do I think he should be running the show? HELL NO!

I agree , He should feel real comfortable coaching Pop Warner to 8 year olds!

yordad
10-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Well, I guess we all know who the secret adviser Ralph referred to was now.

T-Long
10-06-2009, 09:14 PM
Of course he is gonna back Jauron! He HIRED him! What do you expect him to say?? Well, ya know, I totally bombed on that one. Give me a break.

Syderick
10-06-2009, 09:34 PM
i'm not trying to jack the thread in another direction, but i have a question for you guys as it relates to april. during the phins game, they said the bills ST units are among the league leaders in penalties this year.

the bills have always had a great reputation ST-wise, and april has a good reputation as well. is it really that april's coaching has slipped, or is the bottom 3rd of the roster (which traditionally holds many ST players) is just not that talented right now?

from an outsider's perspective, it seems that player personnel might be the biggest problem in buffalo, but i'm just thinking aloud and wondering what others think, particularly when it comes to ST execution.

I think April is still a good coach. He's having a down year, but not too bad. It doesn't help that every year a new rule is in place on the ST. Onside kicks, no wedges,...etc

Demon
10-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Who really cares what Marv has to say anymore? He's a main reason why we're in this situation right now. His 2nd tenure with the Bills really set us back.

DynaPaul
10-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Of course Marv isn't going to bash HIS guy. This is a pointless article.