PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone read this?

historypete
10-06-2009, 09:09 PM
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p>http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/10/04/mmqb.week.4/4.html</o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

This is stunning to me, and I think typical of the Donahoe Era (always trying to trade up to get QB's). Unfortunately for us he wasn't successful with getting Brees or Roethlisberger, but he was with Losman. What a kick in the nuts that is.

Regardless, I couldn't believe the story. It could well be that Williams is giving King a story since I don't ever remember hearing this, but it is interesting and in a way heart breaking. With our luck though Williams would have screwed him up and Brees would have been another failed QB here.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
10-06-2009, 09:11 PM
ya this was posted yesterday i think

Demon
10-06-2009, 09:41 PM
<o:p>http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/10/04/mmqb.week.4/4.html</o:p>

This is stunning to me, and I think typical of the Donahoe Era (always trying to trade up to get QB's). Unfortunately for us he wasn't successful with getting Brees or Roethlisberger, but he was with Losman. What a kick in the nuts that is.

Regardless, I couldn't believe the story. It could well be that Williams is giving King a story since I don't ever remember hearing this, but it is interesting and in a way heart breaking. With our luck though Williams would have screwed him up and Brees would have been another failed QB here.

If that isn't the Bills last 10 years in a nut shell, i don't know what is. It's one train wreck after another.

DynaPaul
10-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Even if we drafted Brees our coaching staff would have found some way to make him suck. Then he'd leave Buffalo and be good for some other team.

BillsWin
10-06-2009, 09:43 PM
Think where we'd have gone with Drew Brees and that 2003-2004 Bills defense.

Demon
10-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Even if we drafted Brees our coaching staff would have found some way to make him suck. Then he'd leave Buffalo and be good for some other team.

Nah. Donahoe would then get a coach other then man boobs to work with Brees and our defense, and he wouldn't be run out of town.

Prov401
10-06-2009, 11:00 PM
Brees didn't blossom until his 4th year with the Chargers. He was mediocre, and on top of that, he had the best running back in the NFL in LT. He was a late bloomer, but boy has he bloomed.

Billz_fan
10-07-2009, 12:33 AM
Lucky break for Brees, Poor SOB would be working a regular job like the rest of us if the Bills drafted him. No doubt in my mind he would be out of football by now. That was 8 years ago, How many players do we have from 8 years ago ? Im not wasting my time looking it up but it ain't many.

Thats soo sad but I firmly believe it. Drew Brees would be labeled a bust.