• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Linebacker changes

After giving up over 200 yards rushing each of the past two weeks it looks like there could be some changes at linebacker.
    Rookie Ashlee Palmer was lining up at Wednesday’s practice in Kawika Mitchell’s spot on the outside with Mitchell moving inside to MLB. Three weeks ago when defensive coordinator Perry Fewell said he had a plan ‘C’ in addition to his initial two linebacker lineups after Poz’s injury, this had to be it.
    If this is what they decide to do on Sunday I’m totally in favor of it. Mitchell is a stouter run defender (6′1″ 253) and has experience in the middle, which is where he played in Kansas City.
    We’ll have more information on this possible lineup change this afternoon from head coach Dick Jauron who has a press conference scheduled for 2:45pm.

Interesting. I don't think Mitchell is that good of a run defender, but our LB's can't really get much worse at this point. I would like to see what Palmer can do.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Linebacker changes

So did Palmer pass Harris then on the depth chart?

I like Palmer a lot but I didnt think Buggs was that bad in the middle last week.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• cocamide
      • Oct 2006

Put some adamantium in Poz's bones and get his ass back out there! It's amazing how much one guy with no neck can mean to your football team.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Feb 2009

mitchell has been our worst player on defense this year. this excites me zero. may as well throw harris out there and let him get some games under his belt. ellison is playing well because he has that experience from 2 years ago.

harris is the future may as well get some games under his belt. mitchell is bust and should be cut at the end of the year.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

don't say that they can't get worse. we say that every time something bad happens...and invariably it gets worse.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

Scary thought - Ellison is currently the Bills best LB (with Poz out).

I like them trying something. It can't hurt.
            Originally posted by mysticsoto
            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
              So did Palmer pass Harris then on the depth chart?

I like Palmer a lot but I didnt think Buggs was that bad in the middle last week.
              With two safeties down, he was been practicing there last week and will this week too I assume.

Plus, he has been almost exclusively on the strong side, behind Ellison. They might not want to throw him in at a 3rd position.
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                Pinkerton's son
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by psubills62
                http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/1...e-moves-at-lb/

Interesting. I don't think Mitchell is that good of a run defender, but our LB's can't really get much worse at this point. I would like to see what Palmer can do.
                idk, i think thats the only thing Mitchell is good at. He cant cover anyone to save his life, and if you run straight at him he can tackle you. Im also interested to see what Palmer can do.

Comment

• T-Long
                  Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                  • Sep 2003

I think it would have been Harris if we weren't so depleted at safety. Hey, at least they are trying here.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Did somebody think Buggs was a liability last week?

Im just curious to know why they choose to move Mitchell inside and play a less experienced player in Palmer? Assuming they make the move for the game v. Cleveland.

I dont mind trying new things either and like I said, I like Palmer a lot.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• bigbub2352
                      • Feb 2005

Cause of our horrible depth harris is playing SS now, cause we keep guys like Corto and Wendling on the team that cannot provide anything at there real positions
                      Palmer cant do worse than Mitchell has done on the outside
                      Poz should have been OLB when we drafted him and Mitchell should have been MLB
                      i like how after giving up 500 yds rushing in 2 games u start seeing what all the fans see
                      buggs has no business on a NFL roster and was regularly destroyed against NO and Maimi
                      i say elevate Freeman to regular roster and cut Corto and lets start the rebuilding process now so when we fire Skeletor at least the new coach has some prospect with EXP
                      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• yordad
                        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        Did somebody think Buggs was a liability last week?
                        Yes
                        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
                          Yes
                          Would you care to elaborate or site examples of plays. He led the D in tackles last week with 10. Not that, the state indicates success or failure, but Im curious to know what I may have missed.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• bigbub2352
                            • Feb 2005

Palmer was our only bright spot on d in the preseason except Ellis who has been inactive now due to his mom's passing and Bryan who we cut
                            nice job guys way to think it thru front office
                            I think Palmer is a very nice prospect and hope he gets the start all day, if not him Harris
                            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                              • Feb 2009

I like this for the fact Mitchell had his best two years in the middle. He will be effective blitzing from there and wont struggle in space like he has playing the outside.

Comment

Working...
                              X