• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

what winning against the browns means to me

I think if they beat the browns, the bills will be back on track of being a mediocre team that beats the panthers, texans, titans and chiefs. that makes them 6-10 and probably a 5-10 pick in the draft. Which will eventually go to a player who will be out of football by the year 2015.

On the flip side, if they lose this game, it means the drama we aren't seeing in the locker-room (which players are pointing the blame at other players, at coaches, etc) is heavier than its been in years past. The team has given up and all players are just playing to collect a check and preferably not to get hurt. I don't see us winning another game this season. Literally a 1-15 season. Which even for our reduced expectations since 2000 is pretty awful.

So it's between 6-10 and 1-15. This, in my mind, is the difference between winning and losing this sunday.

What do you guys think?
  • RockStar36
    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
    • Sep 2004

Re: what winning against the browns means to me

I'm thinking if the beat the Browns that makes them good for three wins this season.

D & S Sports

Comment

• DynaPaul
      • Sep 2003

If we win, which I'm doubting, it won't do anything to change the season. We'll still continue to get victories from sub-.500 teams and not win the ones that matter.

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

I know one thing for sure.. We are not winning 7 games... so yes 1-15 thru 6-10 is where we will stack up....

I want one of the top QB's out of next years draft. Edwards can continue to to try to learn the position while we groom our new QB next year and continue to build our OL...

but then the fear of the Bills not drafting the right QB and drafting Ryan Leaf #2 instead of Peyton Manning #2 will haunt me.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
          Pinkerton's son
          • Feb 2006

whats better, being 1-15 or being 6-10?

Comment

• Prov401
            President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
            • Aug 2008

I see a 4-12 season.

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by DevilPaul
              If we win, which I'm doubting, it won't do anything to change the season. We'll still continue to get victories from sub-.500 teams and not win the ones that matter.
              but that's just the thing. if we don't beat the browns, we'll have lost to 2 sub.500 teams. That's jauron's bread and butter. And therefore no longer his guaranteed win.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                • Feb 2005

god i hope we lose so the fire DJ stuff is louder than ever
                it wont end till RW overhauls this joke of a franchise
                XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

i'm convinced he stays through the season. no real coordinator that could do any better is what the FO will say. The real people who should be fired now is Modrak and all of scouting. 9 years of botched drafts. that's why the injury bug is always so lethal. Look at the other years, we had people from the 5th round contributing. Our 4th and 5th round picks routinely aren't here the following year of the draft. we keep wasting picks on linemen and RB's from 4 on up and none of them are here or aren't trusted.

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus

So it's between 6-10 and 1-15. This, in my mind, is the difference between winning and losing this sunday.

What do you guys think?
                    I think you can change your sig now.
                    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                      whats better, being 1-15 or being 6-10?
                      LOL, good question.
                      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Zero
                        Primary Objective: Buffalo Bills- Super Bowl Champs
                        • Oct 2004

Dosen't Cleveland run a 3-4 defense? If so, we might stand little chance of winning Sunday.

Cleveland's played some good teams ( Ravens, Vikings, Broncos) and played a tight game with Cincinatti ( who isnt bad considering they beat Pittsburg).

This could very well be another loss...

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                          WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
                          • Mar 2003

Where are all the people that chastised us fans because we said the Bills wouldn't win 7 games this year?

At the very most they can win 6 games. That could end up being only 4. 0-6 in the AFC East again.

The question is of the teams that will finish below us in the standings who will be needing a QB or LT?

Would the Browns go QB in the Top 5?
                          Rams will draft QB.
                          KC has their QB.
                          Detroit has their QB
                          Titans have their QB.
                          Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• Thurmal
                            • Oct 2005

I'm almost positive they'll win because it's a game that, for the long-term, they'd be better off losing.

It would be just like the Bills to lose every important game for ten years, then win the very one where they need to lose (i.e. get Jauron fired).
                            "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                              I think if they beat the browns, the bills will be back on track of being a mediocre team that beats the panthers, texans, titans and chiefs. that makes them 6-10 and probably a 5-10 pick in the draft. Which will eventually go to a player who will be out of football by the year 2015.

On the flip side, if they lose this game, it means the drama we aren't seeing in the locker-room (which players are pointing the blame at other players, at coaches, etc) is heavier than its been in years past. The team has given up and all players are just playing to collect a check and preferably not to get hurt. I don't see us winning another game this season. Literally a 1-15 season. Which even for our reduced expectations since 2000 is pretty awful.

What do you guys think?

couldn't agree more.

A win means typical Buffalo mediocrity: we'll beat the bad teams, hold our own against middle of the road teams but blow some games we should win, and get destroyed by the good teams.

A loss means the wheels have officially come off and the season is a cluster****..
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X