PDA

View Full Version : Marv Levy defends Jauron

Cleve
10-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Egomaniac Levy defends Jauron;

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=70837

Didn't we predict they'd be trotting out the "injury" defense as an excuse for Jauron's ineptness? Bad coaching and bad play calling can directly result in an increase in injuries - it's not like they just happen in a vacuum.

I wished *someone* would really interview Levy, and ask him clear, pointed questions regarding undeniable examples where coaching errors cost this team games. Instead a friendly media throws softball questions to this 'great' "hall of fame' coach.

LEVY is the guy that's undoubtedly whispering sweet nothings in Wilson's ear to soften the owner's dissatisfaction with the coaching and front office. Levy has too big an ego to admit he failed miserably in hiring Jauron, and managing the Bills, and I'll bet that Levy is a big factor in dragging these woes out over the last several years. No other team in the league would have kept Jauron as long as the Bills have. There has to be a reason, and I'll wager it's Levy's behind the scenes influence. It's a case of one country club buddy Ivy Leaguer sticking up for another county club Ivy Leaguer here.

Another thing that's scary about the article - Levy mentions that Wilson had a huge role in the selection of Jauron - and Wilson was 87 years old when Jauron was hired. I'm sorry, but a man that's nearly 90 should not be actively involved in this hiring process. Unfortunately, if (and it's still a big if) Jauron does get the boot, the now NINETY ONE year old Wilson will probably be just as involved in the hiring process. And Wilson will probably be asking good old Marv for his input.... again!!!!

mybills
10-07-2009, 12:07 PM
"Mr. Wilson and I felt at the time that we'd move forth with Dick"

Hind sight is supposed to be 20 20. He must be blind.

GreedoII
10-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Marv Levy is an idiot too. Not to mention one of the most overrated coaches ever. Bill Polian is the true architect of the Bills success. You get what you pay for. This dope brought in one of his Ivy league buddies....brought in terrible players and skipped town leaving this mess behind. Hard to defend anything in my opinion.

Cleve
10-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Bill Polian is the true architect of the Bills success. You get what you pay for.

The stupidest thing that Ralph Wilson has EVER done is getting rid of Bill Polian. I've read conflicting stories - one story is that Polian clashed with team treasurer Jeff Littmann. The other - Polian has some clash with one of Wilson's daughters. If I'm Ralph Wilson, I could care less - I'd have told either little ***** just to suck it up and told Polian to keep building winning teams. But clearly Wilson isn't as good a businessman as he probably thinks he is, by putting hurt feelings and personal favoritism ahead of the Buffalo Bills brand.

What the Colts are today, that could have been the Bills if Wilson had been a better owner that made team decisions instead of showing personal favoritism.

OpIv37
10-07-2009, 08:39 PM
Of course Marv defends the decison- it was HIS decision. He's not going to publicly admit that he was wrong when he's not with the team and has no accountability.

I wish Marv never came back as GM. He completely tainted his legacy.

Nighthawk
10-07-2009, 08:49 PM
Levy was always an excuse maker when he was a coach and he was a big reason those Super Bowl teams never addressed their shortcomings...mainly poor defensive coaching. I've never been a huge fan of Levy.

Block "O"
10-07-2009, 11:56 PM
Ivy Leaguers stick together.

Cleve
10-12-2009, 06:34 AM
I wonder if even Levy could be so vain and pompous as to defend Jauron today, after yesterday's dreadful showing, and after the Bills have produced a total of only 13 points in two games.

Ralph Wilson himself didn't even dare take the field yesterday, this team is SO bad. Would Levy dare to make any excuses today?

don137
10-12-2009, 06:49 AM
Levy's image has been tarnished by what he did when he came back to be the GM of the Bills especially by the hiring and defending of Jauron. We are just football fans yet we knew at the time he was hired that Jauron sucks as a head coach and should not of been hired.

McBFLO
10-12-2009, 08:08 AM
I wonder if Marv still feels the same way after yesterday. That article was from 5 days ago.