PDA

View Full Version : Wilson's Extra Motivation for good Bills' showing Sunday

patmoran2006
10-07-2009, 01:05 PM
Ralphie BETTER hope the Bills please their fans during the first half on Sunday.

LINK (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/10/wilson-has-extra-motivation/)

The Juice Is Loose
10-07-2009, 01:08 PM
its going to be 3-0 cleveland at halftime

trapezeus
10-07-2009, 01:13 PM
this could get really ugly. That halftime mic gives a ton of echo....over the years, ralph has had longer and longer pauses. They usually set that mic up with like 8 minutes left before the 3rd quarter...and when ralph is done talking it's like 3 minutes to go leaving the other people no time to talk. That being said, in those silent gaps the fans could be merciless. I fully expect either a Fire Jauron, Fire Modrak or Fire Brandon chant going.

I think the PR team has to seriously call a high school marching band and let them do halftime. This is a disaster that i don't think Ralph wilson is going to like.

justasportsfan
10-07-2009, 01:15 PM
BOOO!!!!!

patmoran2006
10-07-2009, 01:33 PM
lol

RockStar36
10-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Boo this man people. Embarrass him.

trapezeus
10-07-2009, 01:38 PM
booing shouldn't be what embarasses him. Fielding 10 years of losers should embarass him. It should embarass him that this isn't the first time this happened either.

but hey if you are rich and can avoid the critical people, life's good, right?

RockStar36
10-07-2009, 01:40 PM
booing shouldn't be what embarasses him. Fielding 10 years of losers should embarass him. It should embarass him that this isn't the first time this happened either.

but hey if you are rich and can avoid the critical people, life's good, right?

In reality, he should be embarrassed, but everyone continues to buy tickets and sell the place out so I doubt he honestly cares.

Actually I guess booing him wouldn't do a whole lot of good because nobody will be watching this crapfest besides Bills/Browns fans anyways.

justasportsfan
10-07-2009, 01:40 PM
someone want to piss him off ? yell "BINGO"!!!!

trapezeus
10-07-2009, 01:48 PM
wouldn't it be funny if ralph goes all "vick" on the crowd and walks off the field with his middle fingers in the air? That'd make some news. a 90 year old dude finally saying what he really thinks about us.

Cleve
10-07-2009, 01:53 PM
Actually I guess booing him wouldn't do a whole lot of good because nobody will be watching this crapfest besides Bills/Browns fans anyways.

I never thought of it that way - two of the bottom 10 teams in the NFL battling it out - wonder what the national ratings on this game will be? :lol:

YoungEz
10-07-2009, 01:53 PM
I hope everyone there boos whether we are winning or not its the frickin browns we better blow em out an even than we still stunk it up so far

DMBcrew36
10-07-2009, 01:55 PM
I appreciate Ralph remaining loyal to Buffalo and thus hope he is given respect and some thanks, despite the team's shortcomings. The only ones I want to boo are Modrak, Brandon, Jauron, his staff, and the team.

trapezeus
10-07-2009, 01:57 PM
I appreciate Ralph remaining loyal to Buffalo and thus hope he is given respect and some thanks, despite the team's shortcomings. The only ones I want to boo are Modrak, Brandon, Jauron, his staff, and the team.

but he's the one who keeps that group together. at the end of the day...it's on Wilson.

patmoran2006
10-07-2009, 02:01 PM
Is that it?
YOu forgot John Guy

Cleve
10-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Someone in the crowd should start a Polian chant going during Wilson's speech. This team has SUCKED since Bill Polian was fired - John Butler kept the wheels on for a few years, but then Wilson got rid of him too. Now it's faceless bean counters like Dumbdon and Lipmann in charge, and it really shows.

yordad
10-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Ralphie BETTER hope the Bills please their fans during the first half on Sunday.

LINK (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/10/wilson-has-extra-motivation/)Dude, the font size in your articles fluctuating annoys the hell out of me. But thanks for the info.

bigbub2352
10-07-2009, 02:24 PM
Boo him for stealing from Bills Fans for 10yrs and longer than that if you count all the bad before the 90s teams

Billz_fan
10-07-2009, 02:41 PM
The best thing that could happen is the stadium being half empty. That will never happen though.

MassEffect218435
10-07-2009, 02:53 PM
I appreciate Ralph remaining loyal to Buffalo and thus hope he is given respect and some thanks, despite the team's shortcomings. The only ones I want to boo are Modrak, Brandon, Jauron, his staff, and the team.Who were all hired by who? Wilson is a Hall of Fame fraud.

trapezeus
10-07-2009, 02:58 PM
maybe we could talk to David letterman. He seemed to do well with his extortion case. US fans and the local taxpayers have been fleeced for a whole lot more than $2MM at this point.

billsburgh
10-07-2009, 03:11 PM
boo his old senile ass off of the field.

DMBcrew36
10-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Who were all hired by who? Wilson is a Hall of Fame fraud.

I'm not saying he's been a great owner, but he has kept the team here and continues to stay committed to Buffalo (as far as we know). I maintain that regardless of them sucking, we probably wouldn't have a team if it weren't for Ralph and his commitment to keeping them here.

Mudflap1
10-07-2009, 03:23 PM
Someone in the crowd should start a Polian chant going during Wilson's speech. This team has SUCKED since Bill Polian was fired - John Butler kept the wheels on for a few years, but then Wilson got rid of him too. Now it's faceless bean counters like Dumbdon and Lipmann in charge, and it really shows.

Don't forget Ralph showed A.J. Smith the door with John Butler. Smart move!

ddaryl
10-07-2009, 03:28 PM
I never wanted to see the bIlls get their asses handed to them... but I have to say if it means Ralph gets a huge ear full from pissed off fans then I'm actually hoping that is what happens.

The only thing Ralph MIGHT comprehend is a unruly crowd that has had enough of his medling blundering ways

bigbry
10-07-2009, 03:29 PM
As a FinFan I seriously would laugh my ass off it the crowd ripped into him , but keep in mind he did help the NFL into what it is today. Yes he is and was well payed for those efforts but at least try not to rip his head off and (blank) down his throat.

Mudflap1
10-07-2009, 03:32 PM
I'm not sure he should be booed. For all of his shortcomings, he has kept the team in Buffalo. So that's worth something. However, I think an onslaught of signs in the stands and hearty chants of "We Want Cowher" or "We Want To Win" should be in order.

MassEffect218435
10-07-2009, 03:33 PM
I'm not saying he's been a great owner, but he has kept the team here and continues to stay committed to Buffalo (as far as we know). I maintain that regardless of them sucking, we probably wouldn't have a team if it weren't for Ralph and his commitment to keeping them here.Hard to argue with you, most owners would have moved the team a long time ago. But at the same time, he's really putting the future in jeopardy by not selling at least a small portion of the team now. Once he's gone it goes straight to the highest bidder.

trapezeus
10-07-2009, 03:36 PM
the first game i went to as a kid was in 1984 with my dad. The bills played the vikings. He came out for a halftime speech and was just mercilessly booed. I was about 5 or 6 at the time and i had no idea who he was.

But i remember how loudly he was boo'd. It was like the second he came through the tunnel the place went from carefree/slightly aggitated to just a venom pit. And i clearly remember that because when i was a young teenager during the glory years, i remember he came out to a presidential deference. It was crazy. And i said to my dad, "funny how he gets the applause now as though they didn't hate him." and my dad said, "that's the difference between winning and losing."

And the cycle will have come full circle. Too bad i don't have my own 4 or 5 year old son to point out this awful cycle of bills fandom.

Meathead
10-07-2009, 03:58 PM
wow this could be deja vu all over again

i dont even remember what year it was but probably mid-80s when they ended up firing either Stephenson or Bullough, probably either 85 or 86 ...

but there was one game i was at when ralph was scheduled to come out at halftime for an award. the team had been doing terrible and for weeks and weeks people were screaming that ralph didnt care cuz he lived in detroit and only cared about profits. frankly, at that time i would have agreed that ralph acted like he didnt care about bflo by not even coming to the home games! it appeared like he was just letting this team languish and taking no action regardless of the terrible record

anyway, as soon as the 2nd half was over people started booing. it was a low level boo that was nonstop while halftime proceeded and slowly got louder as they began to prepare for the ceremony. the second they announced ralph the boo tripled in intensity and would not stop. they made an announcement asking people to quiet down but that just made it louder

finally ralph just proceeded with whatever he was going to say but you couldnt make it out cuz of the boos. to this day i have no idea what he said

but one thing is for sure, he heard the message because it was very shortly after that he started taking action. he also started spending much more time in bflo and attended most if not all the games

ill never forget that day because a) i didnt think the fans would go that far, and b) that it clearly affected ralph and caused him a change of heart and tactics

Meathead
10-07-2009, 04:00 PM
lol trap i was typing when you posted coulda been 84 i guess but i was pretty sure it was just before he fired somebody

trapezeus
10-07-2009, 04:07 PM
perhaps we were at the same game. who knows. but you are right...the changes came pretty quickly after that. Bruce Smith, frank reich, and Andre reed in the same draft in 1985? Imagine havinga draft half as useful.

as i said, i was only 4 or 5. i remember at that game i kept asking my dad when the commericials were going to happen. And he pointed out the stop in play as to when the commericals happen. but i thought they would reenact the commericals on the field. I wasn't very bright as a kid.

but i do remember that the boos never...ever let up.

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2009, 04:41 PM
I am not going to Boo a 90 year old man no matter how angry I am at him about this situation. I am not a bully

BuffaloRanger
10-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Is the fact that he "kept" the team in Buffalo such a commendable thing? Or was it the "easiest" thing?

Did he have chances to move the team in the last 10 years? Sure he could have pretty easily SOLD the team. But to keep ownership of the team and physically move them to another city? Where? What city would have made a play for the Bills?

Toronto is a relative newcomer to the "We want an NFL team" discussion". Maybe the last 3 years. Before that who were the contenders?

LA? In what stadium?
Portland? Great city but is it a much bigger market then BFLO?
Las Vegas? Nope. Gambling.
San Antonio? Dallas would block it.
Albuqurqe? Can't even spell it.

There has to be some serious expenses (both money and time) invloved with moving an NFL team and establishing them in a new market.

I think keeping the Bills in Buffalo was the easiest thing for Ralph to do. He has to pocket close to 50 million a year.

bigbry
10-07-2009, 07:14 PM
I am not going to Boo a 90 year old man no matter how angry I am at him about this situation. I am not a bully

Nor or you required to.
Personally if everyone left their seats and stayed away from the concessions so Ralph was speaking to a virtual empty stadium then I think you would be treating him the way he treats you.

Raptor
10-07-2009, 07:36 PM
Perfect time to fire up the FIRE JAURON chant

Mudflap1
10-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Perfect time to fire up the FIRE JAURON chant

Dick Must Go has a better ring.

Michael82
10-07-2009, 07:41 PM
I'm not going to boo him. I was at his induction ceremony and watched him get inducted in August. It was a nice moment. I won't cheer much, but I won't boo him. I will join the chants though....Fire the Coach! Or Dick Must Go!

trapezeus
10-07-2009, 11:02 PM
the boos are deserved.

Billz_fan
10-08-2009, 12:15 AM
I think no matter what the game situation some nice "No More Dick" chants would be cool. Kinda rolls off the tounge :D

*NOTE

"No More Dick" chant property of Billz_fan 2009. All rights reserved. Do not copy or reproduce without the express written consent of Billz_fan. Violators will be prosecuted. For more information or to find out how to use this or any Billz_fan chant please visit Billz_fanmakesbetterchantsthanyou.com.

Cleve
10-08-2009, 07:49 AM
Don't forget Ralph showed A.J. Smith the door with John Butler. Smart move!
Yeah, good point. Forgot to mention him.

It seems clear that Wilson's big decisions in the last 10-15 years have become increasing erratic and bizarre, and have really crippled the team.

Jan Reimers
10-08-2009, 07:53 AM
I think - or at least hope - that Bills' fans have enough class to treat Ralph with respect.

Michael82
10-08-2009, 11:45 AM
I think - or at least hope - that Bills' fans have enough class to treat Ralph with respect.
Apparently you don't know the new current, drunk, pissed off Bills fans....

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
10-10-2009, 12:55 PM
If the bills are a no show in the first half I hope the fans litter the field with trash at the halftime ceremony.

Aliceinchainsbills15
10-10-2009, 03:54 PM

LINK (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/10/wilson-has-extra-motivation/)
I fully agree with that guy 100%:cheers:

Cleve
10-13-2009, 06:38 AM
Obviously, Wilson took the easy route and avoided the whole thing.

Given that he chickened out on Friday, Wilson knows just how bad this team is that his twin beancounters Dumbdon and Lippmann have built for him - and he clearly doesn't care. Other than to avoid public embarrassment, that is. Why should he? He's clearing millions of dollars a month off this garbage product and Mauron.