PDA

View Full Version : Palmer ready to step into starting role..

sauce
10-07-2009, 05:37 PM
More on Palmer starting...I have a feeling hes going to be a stud I was high on him in this draft class

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/1...ready-to-fill/ (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/10/07/palmer-ready-to-fill/)

Palmer ready to fill

Chris Brown
Posted October 7th, 2009
Tags: Ashlee Palmer, Ellis Lankster
Rookie Ashlee Palmer’s goal was to be a starter in this league some day. Never did he think he’d get the opportunity to prove himself so soon in his career.

Palmer was having a promising training camp before a high ankle sprain sidelined him after the first preseason game in Canton.

“I’m kind of like right where I want to be. I’m coming into a situation where they had starters already set and me being undrafted and I had really thought I was going to make the practice squad with me being hurt, but I end up making the roster and that set things off from there,” Palmer said. ”I have special goals for myself and one of them was to become a starter in the league one day and I get that opportunity this week.”

Palmer is viewed as a fit for Buffalo’s ‘Tampa 2′ scheme which preaches 11-men to the football. Being a linebacker with a lot of range Palmer can get to the ball quickly. The question is how comfortable does he feel in the system?

Though the scheme he played in his senior season at Ole Miss nothing like Buffalo’s system, he played almost the exact same defense the year prior as a Rebel.

“At Ole Miss we ran a lot of man so the scheme was totally different,” he said. ”But I ran this style my junior year at Ole Miss under Ed Orgeron. But it’s just a difference in terminology and getting used to that. Not a big difference.”

Watching him all offseason and preseason, he was one of the more impressive rookies athletically. The only other rookie that may have been more athletically gifted was Ellis Lankster, so you can understand why the Bills staff is going to put him out there and give him a shot.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

more cowbell
10-07-2009, 06:14 PM
who is he starting for...lolison or buggs?

patmoran2006
10-07-2009, 06:41 PM
buggs. mitchell going to mlb

more cowbell
10-07-2009, 07:53 PM
hahah why is marcus buggs on an nfl roster?

BillsWin
10-07-2009, 08:12 PM
This team looked good week one. Week two was a fraud. Everyone will good against the Bucs this year. And after that the injuries and excuses continued to pile up.

I would not be surprised in the least if the Bills lost to the hapless Browns Sunday.

But, they SHOULD win by 20.

Trent's excuses are running out.

Ground Chuck
10-07-2009, 08:20 PM
I thought Palmer looked better in preseason than Buggs.

I'd welcome Stamer back at this point.

OpIv37
10-07-2009, 08:29 PM
hahah why is marcus buggs on an nfl roster?

He's not on an NFL roster. He's on the Bills.

And he's there because he can play S/T, not because he can play LB.

OpIv37
10-07-2009, 08:30 PM
And for the record, I'm glad Buffalo is changing things up at LB because what they're doing isn't working, but this Palmer thing has disaster written all over it.

Anyone miss London Fletcher yet?

Mitchell55
10-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Next year im rootin for a Poz, Mitchell, Freeman/Harris corp.

Scumbag College
10-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Yay, another rookie FA inserted into the starting lineup!

Way to go front office! IIt feels like we're an expansion team celebrationg their 5oth anniversery.

yordad
10-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Chris Brown
Posted October 7th, 2009
Tags: Ashlee Palmer, Ellis Lankster
Rookie Ashlee Palmer’s goal was to be a starter in this league some day. Never did he think he’d get the opportunity to prove himself so soon in his career.

Watching him all offseason and preseason, he was one of the more impressive rookies athletically. The only other rookie that may have been more athletically gifted was Ellis Lankster, so you can understand why the Bills staff is going to put him out there and give him a shot.

So, is Chris Brown really trying to tell us that Palmer is more athletically gifted then the #11 pick in the draft? Or that the seventh round pick, Ellis Lanster is more athletically gifted then the 2nd round pick, Byrd?

OpIv37
10-07-2009, 08:42 PM
So, is Chris Brown really trying to tell us that Palmer is more athletically gifted then the #11 pick in the draft? Or that the seventh round pick, Ellis Lanster is more athletically gifted then the 2nd round pick, Byrd?

who cares about "athletically gifted" anyway?

Antonio Brown was one of the fastest human beings on the planet but he couldn't play football for ****.

John Wendling can jump a pole 7 feet off the ground but he can't move above 3rd on the depth chart on a roster that has ZERO depth at S.

And JP Losman was fast and had a cannon arm.

Being "athletically gifted" is not the same thing as being a football player.

yordad
10-07-2009, 08:50 PM
who cares about "athletically gifted" anyway?

Antonio Brown was one of the fastest human beings on the planet but he couldn't play football for ****.

John Wendling can jump a pole 7 feet off the ground but he can't move above 3rd on the depth chart on a roster that has ZERO depth at S.

And JP Losman was fast and had a cannon arm.

Being "athletically gifted" is not the same thing as being a football player.OK. But he mentioned "athletically gifted". I understand the difference. Are you saying Palmer is more athletically gifted then Maybin and a better football player?

Demon
10-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Yay, another rookie FA inserted into the starting lineup!

Way to go front office! IIt feels like we're an expansion team celebrationg their 5oth anniversery.

LOL

Very true.

OpIv37
10-07-2009, 09:17 PM
OK. But he mentioned "athletically gifted". I understand the difference. Are you saying Palmer is more athletically gifted then Maybin and a better football player?

no, I'm saying Brown missed the point. Palmer may be "athletically gifted" and that's a good trait to have, but that in itself does not make him a good football player.

And I see your point as well- I seriously hope we're not using 1st round draft picks on guys who aren't as athletic as UDFA's, unless you're comparing linemen to DB's or WRs or something along those lines.

Dr. Lecter
10-07-2009, 09:23 PM
Next year im rootin for a Poz, Mitchell, Freeman/Harris corp.

Freeman?

Dude, c'mon.............

He is in the same place Buggs was last year. On a NFL practice squad.

Oaf
10-08-2009, 12:16 AM
I never saw Palmer make a single play or tackle ever. Did y'all? I always have been wondering why the coaches were so high on him. :idunno:

madness
10-08-2009, 08:37 AM
And for the record, I'm glad Buffalo is changing things up at LB because what they're doing isn't working, but this Palmer thing has disaster written all over it.

Anyone miss London Fletcher yet?

No. Buggs did a fine impression of him just last game. Let the team in tackles but made zero impact.

psubills62
10-08-2009, 08:44 AM
I'm personally rooting for a lineup of Harris/Poz/rookie, with the rookie being someone like Navorro Bowman. We need to start drafting LB's in the earlier rounds instead of getting them in the 5th or later and hoping they develop.

OpIv37
10-08-2009, 05:37 PM
No. Buggs did a fine impression of him just last game. Let the team in tackles but made zero impact.

watch a Skins game.

Believe me, Fletcher has a lot more than zero impact.

WeAreArthurMoates
10-09-2009, 08:57 AM
I never saw Palmer make a single play or tackle ever. Did y'all? I always have been wondering why the coaches were so high on him. :idunno:

Did you not watch the preseason?