X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unpaid_bills
    • Nov 2004

Edwards Press Conf This Week

anyone listen to the Edwards PC on bb.com this week? He was asked directly if he feels he should show more emotion (get animated, speak out)when they lose or win for that matter (ie be more vocal, etc) Trent esentially says i am very even keil, dont get animiated when we win, dont yell and scream when we lose. I just try to stay positive and let my play speak for itself

My personal view and from what I have observed from MANY of the great QBs (Favre, Manningm Brady, McNabb) in this league , they are (or at least one of them) they do get animated, say things to get their team going and pumped up. Trent thinks his play should speak for itself. I like Trent and want to see him excel, the guy puts in the work, is smart, has many of the physical tools to be a good QB, but until he gets over this MAJOR gap in his game it will be more of the same in my opinion.

This team is full of guys like Trent (and our Head Coach is his clone) and their play is speaking for itself loudly. Two of most visible leadership roles on any football team are the Head Coach and QB, a team can not win with this mentality in my opinion
    Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills .... Bills Mafia for life
  • Syderick
    • Apr 2006

Re: Edwards Press Conf This Week

Did Johnny Unitas yell?
    3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

• unpaid_bills
      • Nov 2004

No but are you comparing Trent to Unitas? All im saying is our HC and QB are NOT vocal leaders (or do they energize. motivate, make others around them better)

If Trent played with half the skill, leadership of Unitas i dont think we would even be questioning it.
      Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills .... Bills Mafia for life

Comment

• StuffEmDefense
        • Sep 2009

Eli Manning doesn't do any of that.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

i don't care if a qb wants to be a lead by example guy, but then he'll have to lead by example. but not playing well, he's not leading. so he either has to fix his game or move on.

that even keeled thing is good when the team is great and over estimating itself, but it's pretty underwhelming when the team sucks and needs a spark.

Comment

• Oaf
            Do you read what you write?
            • Jun 2007

This definitely is not a "MAJOR GAP" for Edwards to cross to being successful.

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

"Clone" is right. They're both robots.
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Originally posted by syd1364
                Did Johnny Unitas yell?
                Unitas didn't have to yell. He was the greatest QB of all time.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Kenny
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by StuffEmDefense
                  true, -but he's a good QB and wins games.

Comment

• yordad
                    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by StuffEmDefense
                    He didn't used to, but you better believe he does now. It is part of the job. They had an ESPN special about him taking over the reigns more after the loud Shockey was out of the huddle, about halfway through the SB year, if I remember.

Doesn't Trent realize he has to be a motivator. Call people out. Make sure they know it was an out or an in, tell a lineman to get his head in the game.
                    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• madness
                      • Apr 2003

What? Let's just start with Trent converting 3rd downs.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by yordad
                        He didn't used to, but you better believe he does now. It is part of the job. They had an ESPN special about him taking over the reigns more after the loud Shockey was out of the huddle, about halfway through the SB year, if I remember.

Doesn't Trent realize he has to be a motivator. Call people out. Make sure they know it was an out or an in, tell a lineman to get his head in the game.
                        PArt of trent's problem is that he's in no position to call out anyone. His play is pretty ugly right now. How would you like the least productive person in your office call you out for slacking once or twice when that least productive person sucks day in day out?

To be a leader in a team sport, you have to be playing pretty well before you get the right to call people out. You have to be blameless in many ways and you have to have shown grit. He isn't exactly playing injured (or at least hurt anymore than anyone else on the field).

Comment

• yordad
                          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by trapezeus
                          PArt of trent's problem is that he's in no position to call out anyone. His play is pretty ugly right now. How would you like the least productive person in your office call you out for slacking once or twice when that least productive person sucks day in day out?

To be a leader in a team sport, you have to be playing pretty well before you get the right to call people out. You have to be blameless in many ways and you have to have shown grit. He isn't exactly playing injured (or at least hurt anymore than anyone else on the field).
                          That is a good point. The weak link probably shouldn't be calling people out too often.
                          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Trent is a pussy!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Trent asked Brees the wrong questions this offseason. Instead of asking brees how to stay healthy he should have asked him, "how did you grow a pair"
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X